Murdoc

Neptune's Bountiful Pride: The Sequel

Can someone post a leaderboard from the other game? I want to see hilarious names.

edit: I also miss how you could rename your fleets.

Yeah, that would be pretty sweet (both fleet naming and posting of leaderboards, please.)

I have a sneaking suspicion that Mario is actually Wario in disguise.

Oh man, I can't emphasize enough how much more fun role-playing makes this game.

I figure that's what'll keep me engaged in the game once my empire is no longer relevant (which I assume will be soon, since not only do I not know what I'm doing, but I am terrible at this type of thing in general). As my attention to strategic decisions dwindles, my concentration on roleplaying will take over.

Yeah, I like the naming thing because it encourages some for of craziness.

Whoever is JFK in our game is a damn champ with those quotes, it's awesome.

Yeah, I like the naming thing because it encourages some for of craziness.

Whoever is JFK in our game is a damn champ with those quotes, it's awesome.

Murdoc is definitely JFK and trying to throw people off his trail.  I'm not fooled that easily.

I wish there was a game that was like this, only it was always at the part of the game where everyone is super friendly and willing to help each other out and instead of eventually getting to the part where everyone declares war and tries to kill each other all the people worked together to make the universe a better place for all. 

Game Three

I decided it was easiest just to set this up myself. So i'll be PM'ing everyone a link to the game, the password and a google spreadsheet with names to pick from. Just put an X next to the name you pick so other people can see it's taken.

I'll give it a couple of days for everyone to join, otherwise i'll open it up to other forum members.

would it be possible for us to get a final warning before go-time? (once everyone's picked a name)

Murdoc is definitely JFK and trying to throw people off his trail.  I'm not fooled that easily.

I wish there was a game that was like this, only it was always at the part of the game where everyone is super friendly and willing to help each other out and instead of eventually getting to the part where everyone declares war and tries to kill each other all the people worked together to make the universe a better place for all. 

We can still do that. That's possible, right?

(as long as we all agree death to Roll Fizzlebeef)

Can someone post a leaderboard from the other game? I want to see hilarious names.

edit: I also miss how you could rename your fleets.

I spent a good 30 minutes clicking on everything trying to find the menu to rename ships. I'm so sad this is gone. 

Game 2 leaderboard.

NPHiRDm.png

Hopefully Crazy Crane will perform some sort of unique military tactic, and dub it the Crazy Crane's Deceit.

Is there still a way in this to find which of your stars is the cheapest option for upgrading a specific thing (Eco/Tech/Sci)

Choose Galaxy from the drop-down menu. In the Galaxy view, click on $E $I or $S to sort by the type. Clicking on the eye after the star's name will center the camera on that star. 

We started a game of this at the office last week.  I think it was a mistake.

Tried searching for some of the names in our game (the first one) and it turned up an interesting result.

tumblr_mm17k8RCCy1spar0mo1_500.jpg

We have elected our new emperor. If you somehow haven’t heard it yet, Charles Mingus won the election. Voted for him myself. I’m so stoked! He promises that he is the only true Lord of Space and that the galaxy will be his in a matter of days. I suspect this will all go peacefully.

Shit just got real!

would it be possible for us to get a final warning before go-time? (once everyone's picked a name)

I don't believe so unfortunately, I think it just begins when the final person joins. I can see the option to force start, but that would either then close the game to just the current players, or leave anyone that joins late at a disadvantage.

Edit: You can set up your first moves and spend money now though to make sure everything starts right away when the game begins. 

Hmm, I can't read my messages, including events :(

Yeah, he pushed out a new build in the last hour or two, and it broke that screen. Several other reports on the official forum. Fleets are also renamed "Carriers" now.

Either I'm missing something, or the new UI is super-terrible. I hope we get a side-panel or something back instead of this dumb mess covering up everything.

In the options you can change the menu to stay permanently open as a sidebar.