Murdoc

Neptune's Bountiful Pride: The Sequel

Fake names are the best. Also: Famous has begun with a bold opening move, swiftly retaliated by Broadcast Jones. This looks interesting...

(Although, tbh, I think being hostile this early on is a little silly. HEY THAT'S NEPTUNE'S PRIDE!!)

I do wonder if all the mechanics are working right. I've had trouble with messages I've sent seemingly disappearing, only to reappear later after I've tried sending them again. And I am completely unable to give other players money in either game I'm playing.

For a sequel, it would have been great if they added the spectate mode where people could just click and link and watch whats going on and read global messages.

For a sequel, it would have been great if they added the spectate mode where people could just click and link and watch whats going on and read global messages.

Wouldn't that make it too easy for us to create dummy accounts and spy on each other?

EDIT: Also, Role-Playing makes this game so good.

Wouldn't that make it too easy for us to create dummy accounts and spy on each other?

I think his idea is that this view wouldn't reveal anything that isn't already viewable by everyone in the game.

Yeah that would be the idea, but I guess that's impossible since you could see the movement of everyone which would be a slight advantage and make scanning a useless tech.

Ah well, would be neat in a perfect world... oh what about a recorded version of a game, so if something was especially cool, people could just watch replays? Not as fun though.

Dear lord it's already begun!  Why did I go to sleep last night, I should have been vigilantly manning the battle stations!?

There's nothing left for me to do at the moment, but I'm still sitting here looking at the tab and panning around whilst being super tense.

Dear lord it's already begun!  Why did I go to sleep last night, I should have been vigilantly manning the battle stations!?

An email notification woke me up at 5 AM this morning telling me the game had started. I'm not embarrassed to admit that I immediately logged into my laptop to start building my fleets (I am embarrassed to admit that; this game is turning me into a monster and it's only been a few hours).

I definitely searched for "In the farthest reaches of space, there can only be one Lord of Space" on Twitter and found two player's Twitter accounts. 

I have discovered something in my current game. Being somewhere in the middle of the galaxy is the most harrowing thing ever. I think two of my neighbors aren't playing anymore, but I know one other is playing highly defensively and a fourth neighbor (that borders me and the defensive guy) is launching a goddamn campaign against me.

I think that, out of all the horrible things a person can do in life, playing two games of Neptune's Pride simultaneously (that both have production cycles that are completely opposite on the clock) is probably one of the most horrible.

Still waiting for two people to submit their fake names for the second NP game. If I don't hear from them by tomorrow morning, I'll move down the list.

Go ahead and bump someone up to my place. I got a deadline moved up and really don't need to be obsessing like I know I would.

I think that, out of all the horrible things a person can do in life, playing two games of Neptune's Pride simultaneously (that both have production cycles that are completely opposite on the clock) is probably one of the most horrible.

I would actually recommend people join a throwaway pub game before starting the Thumbs game. The interface is pretty simple and intuitive, but getting the hang of it before starting a game you really care about is better.

I would actually recommend people join a throwaway pub game before starting the Thumbs game. The interface is pretty simple and intuitive, but getting the hang of it before starting a game you really care about is better.

Yeah, I've implemented things on baboo kazoo that i learned to do from the pub game. The sad part is that Im compelled to continue my pub, because it's at a really interesting cold-war super tense phase and I dont want to AFK out of it.

Add me to the list for the 3rd Game please

Also does anyone know if there's any use for/way to transfer any spare space bucks we had for the original Neptune's Pride? or is NP2 a completely separate system?

Ok, second game is finally set up. Here are the forum members:

1. Laxan

2. Irish John

3. Rosewell47

4. Wubbles

5. toblix

6. gregbrown

7. Wikipedia Brown

8. brkl

Everyone should have received their fake name from me in PM (if I somehow missed you, please let me know!). One of you will actually have to set up the galaxy and send out the password to all the other players.

Anyway, godspeed, have fun ruining each other.

Will everyone have to get a premium thing?

IF my memory of the system is correct Toblix we probably need 1 premium player to host each game, & then non premium players will be able to join his privately created game