Murdoc

Neptune's Bountiful Pride: The Sequel

Neptune's Bountiful Pride: The Sequel

As many of you know, we have a long lineage of some interesting and not so interesting games in NP1. So I'm excited to see what the sequel has to offer as the well of the original tapped dry some time ago.

So let's game, I'll host, 7 players needed, Telltale rules of submitting a fake name and jumbling them up.(May need a moderator to help out with the name delivering)

Lets go!

Galaxy One Players:

1. BigJKO

2. TheLastBaron

3. pabosher

4. Lauren

5. Deleric

6. Patrick RIpoll

7. The Argobot

8. Murdoc

Runner ups if people pass out before we start (it happens)

1. Gormongous

2. Irish John

3. Wubbles

Going to ask Henroid if he wants to be our name moderator.

Im already in a game right now, but I cant resist a blindpick thumbs game. Put me in, coach. 

I am also super interested in playing this game, despite the many, many 'this game will ruin your life' warnings.

I dove into a game at random just to try this out and see what's changed. I like that speed as a research has been done away with and replaced with the hypergate thing. But I can't seem to find any indication anywhere in the UI about how much funds I have.

Edit - Nevermind, the "Galaxy" tab shows funds. Kinda more subtle than I'd like.

I was surprised at how fast I went from "what the hell is all this" to "oh man, i just finished everything i needed to do and i still have 23 and a half hours til the next production cycle." It was almost instantaneous. 

Looking at the people in my startup game, Im the only person that is taking an early lead in Science. I've traded weapons 2 for hyperspace with my closest ally, and am on my way to General Research 2. My goal is to completely dominate the galaxy via trading and bartering sciences for protection and money. 

I dove into a game at random just to try this out and see what's changed. I like that speed as a research has been done away with and replaced with the hypergate thing. But I can't seem to find any indication anywhere in the UI about how much funds I have.

Edit - Nevermind, the "Galaxy" tab shows funds. Kinda more subtle than I'd like.

What do you mean funds? How much money you have is displayed up at the top. How much Economy/Industry/Science you have is displayed in each player's info box (double-click the player portrait)

What do you mean funds? How much money you have is displayed up at the top. How much Economy/Industry/Science you have is displayed in each player's info box (double-click the player portrait)

Yeah, that actually doesn't display while the game is on its 'pause' mode (when players are joining). I checked back on it a couple hours ago and the game had started, and suddenly I was able to see my money in a more convenient way. That was a little silly I felt.

So, Murdoc.. When's this happening? I'm anxious to be a dick to Thumbs. 

I forgot the internet keeps going over the weekend, apologies.

I stuck a list of players and asked Henroid (no pressure now, ha) if he wants to be our name moderator, I'll find a back up in case he says no. When that gets settled I'll post again and you'll have 2 days to submit a name, if you don't, one of the runner ups will fill your place.

In case you are unfamiliar with Telltale rules:

You will be required to submit a avatar name to the moderator. When you do so, you will be given a "randomly" selected avatar name by said moderator. Use that name in this game, but try to keep it a secret. Of course all of this is a bit silly because we don't know each other and it's over the internet, but it was hilariously chaotic the first time, so it's fun to keep in tradition.

I've agreed to this plan. Submit your names to me, and I will hand out your assignments.

So to clarify, we are submitting a name which will be added to a pool and then names form the pool will then be distributed to the players randomly?  Meaning for example I might submit the name "Joe Smith" or whatever and then names would go out and someone would get the name, but that person is probably someone who is not me?