melmer

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon

Huh, i guess i need to play Far Cry 3 now.

Looks amazing. I hope they have some classic Garth Merenghi warped title music and a 'digitized from VHS' filter to boot.

So i guess the game will always be at night time, or red dawn time. I wonder if they'll do away with all the weather effects

Probably like all these kind of spin off games you'll be able to finish it in 2-3 hours

Remember when Jeffrey Yohalem was ranting about Farcry 3 being a meaningful satire of entertainment and video games? When he was claiming that his narrative destabilized the player and was a giant riddle to be solved? And that Farcry 3 was subversive as a shooter and called into question what we're willing to do for entertainment? Remember when everyone call him on those claims because Farcry 3 is exactly what he meant to satire.

Well to me this feels like a big "fuck you guys" kind of DLC. Something along the lines of the original game wasn't obvious enough, so this time I'll go way over the top because gamers aren't smart enough to realize my brilliance, rather than I wrote really bad satire that failed to convey any of the things I was hoping.

I'm happy this was not a joke, and I'm interested to see if DLC this different from the main game can keep some of the main games defining attributes like non-linearity, etc.

Well to me this feels like a big "fuck you guys" kind of DLC. Something along the lines of the original game wasn't obvious enough, so this time I'll go way over the top because gamers aren't smart enough to realize my brilliance, rather than I wrote really bad satire that failed to convey any of the things I was hoping.

what

I read the full RPS interview where he talked about this, and he sounded nowhere near as smug and pompous as you seem to think he is. He mostly just seemed sad.

I still feel so incredibly burned by Farcry 3. None of the materials released so far suggest they've fixed any of the stuff I hated about FC3. Plus, if I want a crazy 1980s action-movie open world shooter, I've already got Just Cause 2. So count me out.

I love that it's 2007. The future.

Now we just need Anno 2007 to come out and the future will be complete.

Is it amazing? Would I really spoil anything by watching it?

edit: it's kind of amusing. One of the "heal yourself" animations is funny.

I guess it isn't much of a spoiler if you watch it, but I feel like being able to experience the hilarity of the tutorial would be lovely.

Even though I never played Far Cry 3 and was not alive during the 80's, I kind of want to play this game. The official website is a goddamn masterpiece, especially the "shop". Then again, the gameplay in that video looked pretty generic, so who knows.

(http://fc3blooddragon.uk.ubi.com/index.php <--- that's the website, btw)

That website is fantastic. As my friend said, "I feel like the 80s and GeoCities had a child."

Even if the game sucks, at least we'll have that trailer forever. But this could be really fun.