melmer

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon

zqLMVxD.png

The year is 2007. It is the future. Earth has been ravaged by a nuclear war and new paths for peace must be found. A U.S. cyborg army may have found a solution: a powerful bioweapon on a distant island. A Mark IV Cyber Commando, Sergeant Rex Power Colt has been sent over to gather information and figure out what the hell is going on.

97NlVuI.jpg

Trailer on the website

http://fc3blooddragon.uk.ubi.com/index.php

So unexpected, so awesome. I believe it's going to be an XBLA title. This better not be a damned April fools

ku-xlarge.jpg

Achievement list

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2013/13/1364394742-far-cry-3-blood-dragon.jpg

Of course it's a bloody April Fools. :fart: No game announcements can be trusted on this day!

It is nonetheless awesome. Love the 90s-style website. :tup:

There was also a document leaked that showed it also being rated by the Australian Classification Board - "High impact sex scene", YES! There's also achievements/cover art physically in the Microsoft/Live system. I'm pretty sure it is a joke game, but I think it actually IS coming out.

This is the second game in a few months (or faux-game), after Double Fine's Automata, to basically be Steve Gaynor's tumblr come to life and I really hope it's real. I really like the quote they have for the player character, Rex Colt, the fallen soldier who rose to be a hero: "Elite army dudes are elite."

I'm with everyone else. I want this to be real.

If this game doesn't have a New Retro Wave soundtrack I will be sorely disappointed

0D1uCzzrLI

After Cyberpunk 2077's trailer having a severe lack of synth, this will be a supreme letdown.

Smart money says it's an incredibly elaborate joke. Getting Australia to actually rate it is an amazing touch.

The flag counter and view counter are pretty fantastic. Brings back memories- what a funny place the Internet is.

Are you sure there are achievements and game listings? Because if it does and it isn't coming out, I am not sure how much  this April Fools would be appreciated by Microsoft's Biz Ops team.

I remember seeing things about this before April 1, so if it's an april fools joke it's a poorly managed one. Odds are (thankfully) it's real.

Apparently there was a thing where if you entered the Konami code on the website it removed all the awesome 90's stuff and just showed a blurry screenshot from an unoriginal looking expansion. Name and game: probably real. All the things you want that name and game to be associated with from their April fool's joke: probably false.

That

is fantastic. I'm super hyped. I expect to be let down but hope not to be.

I would like nothing more than to eat the words contained in my previous post and have this to be a ridiculous 90's themed romp through shark-infested jungles. Until more details are announced though, I'll hold off on celebrating.

Same. This has me way more interested in actually doing something in FC3 at least.

Even if this DLC is shitty, I will be able to gun down a generic looking 80s goon, watching his laser bullet ridden corpse fall to the ground through a degraded filter as my body is wracked with soothing waves of synth and bass.

Are we seeing a new level of April Fool's marketing? April Fool's, Fools? What a twist!