Thrik

Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain

I just unlocked suppressor for Quiet's tranq rifle, so now she's unequivocally the best. Fulton everybody!

Although I'm aware D-Dog cant fulton people later. Seems like any time I tell him to attack somebody, though, he just gets shot repeatedly.

I abuse the sonar pretty regularly (also has the advantage of luring nearby people over so I can knock 'em out), so I don't necessarily need D-Dog marking people.

I wanna mess around with the walker next. Seems super expensive, though, to build up to where it'll be really fun.

I've reached mission 22. Unlocked FOBs, and built one, and invaded two successfully last night. I dunno how I feel about potentially losing real resources to other people, but I'm glad I can finally have more people in my various divisions.

I unlocked mission 46 (the true ending mission) after I did another side op. So, indeed you do not have to play any of the mission repeats in part 2. You just have to play enough side ops. I haven't unlocked mission 45 yet, but looking back in this thread I don't know if I want to play it.

Mission 46 kind of sucked big time

Going through the same annoyingly slow opening mission with little to no changes, that's just lazy, and tedious to play.

I liked it. Not only did I get the holy shit moment, but it was so long since I played that opening I had forgotten how good it is. It feels like old metal gear.

Doing those missions again to get the mission tasks done is boring as hell though. Especially as not letting the man on fire attack is the hardest fucking thing.

Yeah, I read that. I only got hit by ground fire and nothing popped, so I assumed that description was wrong. 

I think a lot of the tasks are bugged. One mission you have to extract some containers. I've done it like 3 times and it never popped. I checked online to make sure I was fultoning the correct containers (there are only 4 in the area, I take them all) and I am...but still nothing. 

Meh, I've still got 12 hours of making a nuke. I'm sure I'll get them all done eventually.

So who's played MGO? I had a good crack at it yesterday and it seems like fun. The best/worse bit is the plushie DD that paralyses you if you look at it. it's hilarious.

I tried it out. I didn't like how the stealth only class has nothing when you start out. The sniper/shield bearer start out with some equipment at least.

It was fun, but if I'm going to play a multiplayer game, I'd rather just play Splatoon.

I liked it. Not only did I get the holy shit moment, but it was so long since I played that opening I had forgotten how good it is. It feels like old metal gear.

Doing those missions again to get the mission tasks done is boring as hell though. Especially as not letting the man on fire attack is the hardest fucking thing.

I didn't like the opening at all, especially the bit where you can even walk straight.

I didn't like the opening at all, especially the bit where you can even walk straight.

I fucking hate the opening. It was awful. I don't want to go back and S-rank it. ):

is it? GOOD

but i still have to do mission tasks or whatever right

Ok, I'm done with the game now.

Did mission 45, what and absolute piece of shit. It's really broken.

After that I did a FOB invasion mission, boring as hell.

You lied, the opening mission is not unranked. Fortunately I already got the S-rank.

But it has two mission tasks. So I still have to do it. Probably multiple times, 'cause they don't look braindead easy, especially the second one.

But it has two mission tasks. So I still have to do it. Probably multiple times, 'cause they don't look braindead easy, especially the second one.

The description is bit off.  He can attack you, you just can't be hit by his projectiles (fire from ground is fine).

Alright, the explanation for Quiet's outfit was bollocks, but I thought the explanation for...

why she's quiet was pretty good.

It also made me realise how few real character moments this game has, which is sad.

I guess they simply didn't have the time to animate everything. There is so much story in the audio tapes.

Alright, the explanation for Quiet's outfit was bollocks, but I thought the explanation for...

It also made me realise how few real character moments this game has, which is sad.

I agree with everything you said.

It's really super disappointing to me that there's so little cutscene action in this game. Guess they had to spend all that budget on making sure Quiet's boobs were jiggling in just the wrong way.

I re-did the fight-Quiet mission (for extreme difficulty, hooboy, it wasn't hard, but it was kinda tedious, felt like sometimes my bullets just wouldn't hit her, really annoying). God the amount of jiggle in the helicopter scene alone is probably what forced Konami to exit game development. So much jiggle it broke the bank.

I've felt like, after the first ending (which I got yesterday) I've seen more cutscene in the side ops and one story mission that I've done than I did for almost the entire main game. It's like they left the Metal Gear Solid parts for after most gamers have left.

I... Definitely feel that way, too. It's weird.

Mother Base badly needs a research task for a notepad and paper, or maybe Morse code.

What are people's opinions on the necessity to play through Ground Zeroes multiple times, both for the experience and to unlock things in Phantom Pain?  I'm steadily working on convincing myself to go ahead and buy Pain, but have a nagging itch I'll be missing something by not having dug deeper into GZ.  I played through GZ once, in a pretty short/rushed session, on someone else's PS4.