Thrik

Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain

This is a video from a few weeks ago about this one Donkey on the edge and desperate. The donkey is having a hard time supporting his/her family, and decided to collect on its life insurance by commuting this horrible selfish act.

I self used and horrified.

My heart goes out to his/her family. I am sorry for my part in this tragedy.

I think it reopens some of your old side ops in order to keep a certain number on the map. It seems to maintain the original stats of the "highly skilled soldiers" and such, so they can be pretty mediocre rewards later in the game.

I wish there was a way to play more of the missions like that. The oil refinery on total stealth is wrecking me though.

If you loose a soldier with a unique skill, the side-op that provides that skill will re-open, though it does seem to happen at random as well.

Oh interesting, I may have to replay some side ops to get skills back. I seem to lose material engineers about 5 seconds after getting them, I've played Lingua Franca so many times to grab the one on that level.

This is a video from a few weeks ago about this one Donkey on the edge and desperate. The donkey is having a hard time supporting his/her family, and decided to collect on its life insurance by commuting this horrible selfish act.

I self used and horrified.

My heart goes out to his/her family. I am sorry for my part in this tragedy.

The twist here is...WAS THERE EVEN A DUNKY?

Protip: If you're having trouble with a larger base during a mission, quit the mission and go into free roam. From there, go in and pick the resources clean and disable the comms and electrical systems. This will make night ops more viable and prevent you from worrying about the hem-haws and doo-dads you might want to acquire.

I think I found the dumb thing I'm going to have way too much fun doing: having my helicopter blare different ridiculous music every time I play.

The twist here is...WAS THERE EVEN A DUNKY?

I don't want to believe, but it did just vanish into thin air.

EDIT: There is a quick question I do have about resources in this game. Has anyone done the math to find out how often they containers in the world maps are replenished?  Fee;s like I've been back to major farm zones (OKB Zero, Airport, etc) and they are still barren. I need to max out my FOB!

Oh shit! I just understood something. End game spoilers (episode 46).

The reason you go through character creation, then look like Big Boss after the surgeon mentions the plastic surgery going well...you're not playing as Big Boss!!!

DIT: There is a quick question I do have about resources in this game. Has anyone done the math to find out how often they containers in the world maps are replenished?  Fee;s like I've been back to major farm zones (OKB Zero, Airport, etc) and they are still barren. I need to max out my FOB!

I thought I heard that it's every 2-3 in-game days, but that hasn't seemed to line up with my experience. It will gray out the icons on your map when they're missing though, so you don't have to land there to check.

Mission 20:

I am so glad that I managed to complete the mission on my second try because of dumb luck. After the tunnel blew up, I was running around like crazy not knowing how to get enough distance between me and the fire guy to plant a C4 on the water tower. Suddenly the guy appeared between me and the pool. I quickly switched to rocket launcher and shot the ground next to him (I had read that this would work), and he landed in the pool. I was on fire but luckily I did not die. I called the helicopter for pick-up and was able get the fuck out without him waking up.

I read that the general tactic is to call for a pickup and then C4 the water tower to disable the guy temporarily. I can see how this could get break-the-game-pad frustrating very quick considering how fast and powerful the enemy is.

What is it with the boss fight design in this game?

Welp, I finished it. Now I have to do all the side ops, do all the mission tasks and s rank every mission.

Fucking love this game.

I believe that they're for staff members, which adds up, there are currently women in the game that aren't being objectified, this cannot be allowed to stand! :/

Just discovered that you can stun dudes by goomba-stomping onto their heads from above, and it's my new favorite thing.

I need to start mixing up my play style. Silenced tranq sniper + D-Dog makes most of the side missions a cakewalk.

The side missions with choppers you have to destroy are the worst. I never drop in with a rocket launcher, and I don't see any other way to take them down (other than machine guns but I don't bring those either).

I also got invaded and someone took all my metal. Eurgh! That's why I never go online.

I also got invaded and someone took all my metal. Eurgh! That's why I never go online.

I think I am about to reach the point where I can build an FOB, and I still don't know how the system works. I have no interest in attacking other players or defending my base. Should I still opt for an FOB? That is, is it better to continue investing in the relatively expensive main base platforms, or expand by constructing the cheaper (?) FOB platforms, even if it means that I might get looted from time to time?

If someone attacks me and manages to deal with all my security will I lose all my FOB staff and resources? Are my main base resources always safe?

What happens if I go offline? Will I lose all my FOB benefits?

I always take a missile launcher in side ops for choppers and occasionally people if I feel they deserve it...

As for FOB, I still don't have one and have just started building the final platform so you don't *need* one but I have put in a silly amount of hours and I imagine you'd get there quicker with one. I actually couldn't get one because the game would break when I tried but I think getting one then never going online would be the best approach.

Don't get a FOB. It just means there's a chance if you accidentally go online, you'll have no resources.

I was ready to defend the resource management in this game, until the 20K metal I had been saving up for my final 48K base development was nicked. How is that fun? Sure I can go try to steal it back, but the game is massively weighted against players invading, unless they invade someone like me who's only even been online twice - once to build the FOB, once accidentally. 

It wouldn't be so bad if it didn't take literal hours for me to gather the resource, and then literal hours for me to build the base.

It does increase your resource gathering though doesn't it? Also the number of available combat teams. If you're on PS4 then it's probably best to avoid the FOB but on PC you could probably get one then block Metal Gear in the firewall or something.