Thrik

Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain

Just released, here's the same mission from the

, which I've now watched at least three times, played using alternate strategies:

Note that the video is in Japanese, obviously, but that you can turn on auto-generated closed captioning and then, in the settings, have that Google Translated as you watch. I highly recommend doing this.

suffered.png

One step closer to Star Trek's universal translators.

Oh hey, I played some Ground Zeroes. It really good. MGS V has now shot up my list of most anticipated games.

I was initially not at all interested in MGS V, simply because I have never enjoyed any MGS game but after playing Ground Zeroes, and seeing how much everything has improved in terms of control scheme I am not more interested. Just make sure those cut-scenes are skippable.

These translated captions would make pretty good game jam prompts.

"I did not alert her husband" - A stealth game about having an affair discreetly.

"Also a game with physical fitness criminal responsibility" - A management sim about the health of a prison's population.

So I found the shot that is all of metal gear in one picture.

That just cracks me up no matter how many times I see it. 

These translated captions would make pretty good game jam prompts.

"I did not alert her husband" - A stealth game about having an affair discreetly.

"Also a game with physical fitness criminal responsibility" - A management sim about the health of a prison's population.

That's really funny, and a game jam based on, I don't know, reverse Google Translated synopses of existing games or something similar would be genuinely interesting, I think!

It won't make it any better, but I hope you can unlock a Quiet outfit for Snake.

UQ4hZXk.jpg

It's the next logical step after the super-tight ass-hugging skin suit Snake had in MGS4.

Less than a month to go for this. God damn!!!!! I still haven't finished replaying MGS3 though, in fact I only just defeated The Fear. I'd better get moving if I want to have a hot transition into the likely splendour of MGS5.

Kojima seems to have jumped back to life on Twitter leading up to the release, posting a picture of a Mother Base. Looks like it's going to make even Big Shell look paltry. :tup: Though I imagine that much of it will just be there but not particularly used for much. However, if they can make it all compelling to explore and interact with then that'll be absolutely terrific, giving it the same sense of life that one of the various havens in games like Fable or Skyrim had.

Less than a month to go for this. God damn!!!!! I still haven't finished replaying MGS3 though, in fact I only just defeated The Fear. I'd better get moving if I want to have a hot transition into the likely splendour of MGS5.

Kojima seems to have jumped back to life on Twitter leading up to the release, posting a picture of a Mother Base. Looks like it's going to make even Big Shell look paltry. :tup: Though I imagine that much of it will just be there but not particularly used for much. However, if they can make it all compelling to explore and interact with then that'll be absolutely terrific, giving it the same sense of life that one of the various havens in games like Fable or Skyrim had.

I hate to say it, but that picture only makes me want a rookie Solid Snake prequel all the more.

If you have no room for more soldiers for Mother Base in Peacewalker you start getting codecs of men falling overboard. But once you finally see it during the final Zeke fight with SPOILER there's no way 350 men wouldn't fit there. It's even bigger than before now.

Thirty minutes of Mother Base gameplay from Gamescom. It all looks incredible, to me. The multiplayer stuff makes feel super apprehensive, of course, since I'll doubtlessly feel compelled to do it if it has a narrative push or the rewards are irresistible, but I'm also certain that I will constantly be destroyed and furious.

I've only allowed myself a few glimpses of that video, but wow. The Mother Base stuff alone makes MGS2's Big Shell look like a joke. Considering that potentially each base can be unique and kitted out with various defences, there are conceivably endless VR mission-esque scenarios here.

Huh, there are sensibly dressed playable female characters in MGSV (at ~7 minutes into the video above). 

Huh, there are sensibly dressed playable female characters in MGSV (at ~7 minutes into the video above). 

You can put main playable characters into different camos, so I'm holding out hope I can switch Quiet into something not ridiculous and have that stick.

Conversely, I'm hoping I can switch over into Quiet's outfit as a bearded long-haired dude and recreate Vamp:

Lq0qqhph.jpg

LOkmfey.jpg