Tanukitsune

DuckTales Remastered?! WOOHOO!

Watching this clip was a little heartbreaking, because the voice actors are really starting to sound like their age has caught up with them. Notice that nobody ever raises their voice.

Anyone else still singing duck tales, admittedly not the worst song to have stuck in your head

I constantly get the duck tales music stuck in my head, which inevitably leads me to getting the chip and dale tune in there... and then gummi bears. Now I have all three and think I might go mad! :s

Watching this clip was a little heartbreaking, because the voice actors are really starting to sound like their age has caught up with them. Notice that nobody ever raises their voice.

I think Alan Young still sounds really good, especially for a guy in his 90s!

My girlfriend has never heard the ducktails theme tune before. WTF. I was singing it to her and she was just looking at me with a blank stare. Must be an age thing as she's 6 years young than me.

This makes me... unhappy.

In the NES version, you fight a big rat and it didn’t explain why you’re fighting a rat on the moon. That’s explained in here because there are rats they’re experimenting on and you let them loose and that becomes the rat down there. Also, how does Scrooge McDuck breathes on the moon? We explain that as well

Modern Video Games!

This makes me... unhappy.

Modern Video Games!

What? But it's perfectly logical! It's the moon! MOON=CHEESE=MICE! LOGIC!?

My girlfriend has never heard the ducktails theme tune before. WTF. I was singing it to her and she was just looking at me with a blank stare. Must be an age thing as she's 6 years young than me.

serves you right, paedo

I just beat the African Mines and Himalayas.  I spent 5 minutes in the main menu dancing around to the music.  I'm over my initial dislike of the art style and actually find some of the character animations to be pretty good.  I kind of wish it had a retro mode like Monkey Island Special Edition did though.  You can totally swim in the money vault, which I do after every level.  I'm way worse at this game than I remember being.  

Scrooge and co. can breathe on the Moon because Gyro invented oxygenated taffy.

Overall, it seems to be some fun nostalgia, but I don't see myself playing it more than once, maybe twice so I can get some more of the art.

I've completed all the original levels and now I'm in a new section.  I get having enemies from different areas show up, but ghosts in a volcano?  At least all the other areas had enemies that were somewhat related to the level.  But then again I'm a rich old duck bouncing around on a cane so what do I know.

I get having enemies from different areas show up, but ghosts in a volcano?

Human sacrifices?

Damn this game is difficult. After 3 attempts to finish the amazone I decided to turn to baby mode. Baby mode is soo much easier, I wish there was something between baby mode and normal.

I think Alan Young still sounds really good, especially for a guy in his 90s!

Aw, Alan Young died. At least he managed to get one last Scrooge in, in the excellent new Mickey Mouse shorts.