Tanukitsune

DuckTales Remastered?! WOOHOO!

So... WayForward is making a remastered version of the NES Ducktales games...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6N0PzqF9gWY

How awesome is that? WayForward gets to remake an awesome game and we get to play it again, it's a win-win! And it's WayForward, if it's one this they excel at it's old school styled 2D games! HUZZAH! 

Never played it, never had a NES. But I played the shit out of quackshot on my megadrive. Holla!

The hand-drawn sprites look great but I'm not a big fan of the clashing 3D backgrounds and objects. I think it would look much better if it was all hand-drawn art.

Regardless, this is exciting and pretty much came out of nowhere. I can't imagine a better trailer to announce this game so A+ on the marketing front.

Moon music

The music is being redone by Jake Kaufman, who's got plenty of experience with chiptunes. I'm not worried

I never thought I'd get to play Ducktales legally, since it's a licensed game older than I am, so I'm pretty excited! On the other hand, I really hope that's not the final look of the game..

Never played it, never had a NES. But I played the shit out of quackshot on my megadrive. Holla!

Man, I hope they do Quackshot next!

Oh yes, the chiptunes! I think I probably own most of Jake's soundtracks. I'm pretty sure if it was up to them it would be completely 2D?

Man, I hope they do Quackshot next!

I would buy it in an instant. But I played that game to death back in the day. I have to stop myself with these retro rereleases as I get bored of them after 5mins. I have a nostalgia overload and all the hundreds of hours of playtime comes rushing back to me.

Most recently crazy taxi. i remember it took me days to work my way through all the challenges, ten years later i do them all in one sitting. Apparently driving a crazy taxi is like riding a bike, you never forget.

Anyone else still singing duck tales, admittedly not the worst song to have stuck in your head

Anyone else still singing duck tales, admittedly not the worst song to have stuck in your head

I'm pretty sure this is the only theme stuck in our heads now.

I can't get over how happy Scrooge looks. It's off-putting in the most bizarre of ways!

According to Polygon's interview with the producer, the game will have "hard mode" for the original challenge and an easier setting for modern players... Those who aren't used to games with limited lives I assume?

They also say that if does well they might do Chip N' Dale next? 

CHIP 'N' DALE?

I'M IN.

edit: oh it's console exclusive

i'm out

Wayforward's 2d art is incredible as always, but those 3D environments look pretty awful.

I played the Gameboy version of Duck Tales when i was a kid, and i'm assuming this will be based on the NES version, but i don't even really have a clear picture of how different the two games were. I think the Gameboy game was mostly just a pared down version of the NES game.

CHIP 'N' DALE?

I'M IN.

edit: oh it's console exclusive

i'm out

Does Disney even acknowledge PC gaming?  

Surprised it took Disney so long to sort out licenses and greenlight this. Never played it but Chip and Dale was great. The Sega games can't be far behind. Now there's some formative nostalgic sh*t!