Sign in to follow this  
toblix

Bejeweled 3

I chose Bejeweled 3 as my compensation from EA for all my SimCity troubles. Everyone responsible for implementing UI design should be forced to play this (or I guess any other PopCap game maybe, I dunno.) It's glowy and gaudy and terrible, but it's so responsive it's incredible. Oh you want to select that thing that has barely started transiti– no problem, here we goooo! It's so smooth and snappy and makes regular game UI look like some slow-ass wonky crap. Hey, don't click this yet, it's not done eeeeaaasing in! It seems like they have developed a ridiculously powerful graphics platform that's ideal for gaudy puzzle games and menus – everything seems to exist in the same context, and from what I've played it lets them add weird one-off game elements and mix them seamlessly with the game itself with seemingly great ease. Like when the Walking Dead zombie comes into your dialogue and pulls a guy out, though that probably took tons of work to get right. PopCap could probably have a zombie come in at any time and pull out anything you like.

Anyway, it's also pretty addictive as a game, but that probably surprises nobody.

Should've picked a Zuma game, I hear they can haunt you for YEARS. Now *that's* value.

Fact: the original opening to Apocalypse Now was actually Chris Remo staring at the ceiling fan, flashing-back to Zuma's Revenge. It was scrapped when Coppola decided to lash his Conrad allegory to a more contemporary concern.