tegan

Transistor

The trailer they released made it seem to me to be cyberpunk Bastion (attn: Steve Gaynor).  In one way I was a little bit disappointed.  I loved Bastion, it's a beautiful game that is very fun to play and a cyberpunk version would be cool.  The gameplay video makes it pretty clear that despite the isometric viewpoint, presumed RPG elements, Logan Cunningham and good music it's probably going to feel a good bit different.

And in terms of setting, Bastion did it well in that there was a constant drip of information available, and only occasionally only forced down your ear pipes.  I have faith in Kasavin's writing ability and Supergiant's craftsmanship (craftscorpship?  Developers are corporations, right?) that Transistor will actually be interesting unlike the vast majority of current games.

(craftscorpship?  Developers are corporations, right?)

But corporations are people too! So by the transitive property, developers are people. *shocker* :)

Only when they're of no more use to the corporation

Look it up, it's all there in your contract

Corporations are entities which CONTAIN people. People as the cogs. They are containers of... cogs. Cogpeople. Cogple? Ceogple?

ive purposely stayed in the dark on this one...but after my experience with Bastion & that gorgeous giant sword I think insta-buy from this guy

That's exciting news.  Supergiant is one of my favorite devs right now.  While I ultimately think that I will prefer Bastion over Transistor (simply because Bastion is more my kind of game), I am still really excited to play Transistor.

THAT IS MY BIRTHDAY.

THAT'S A DAY AFTER MY BIRTHDAY.

We lucky, yo. It's like Spider-Man 2 all over again. 

THAT'S TWO DAYS BEFORE MY GIRLFRIEND'S BIRTHDAY

...which means we'll be out of town celebrating and I'll be waiting a bit to play the game.

20 days time

They've been pretty quiet on the PR front.  Hope the final days of development are going smoothly for them....

I know. Weird right? Although perhaps they know they've got a shit hot game on their hands and the reviews alone will be their PR. Or maybe they're just expecting the slow burn like what happened with Bastion, word of mouth, migrating the game across different platforms, I assume the Xbox one and iPad version will turn up 6 month from now.

They've been pretty quiet on the PR front.  Hope the final days of development are going smoothly for them....

They had a pretty big presence at PAX East this year, as they did last year. I'd imagine that took a big chunk of the advertising budget for such a small dev, and it seems to have gotten them a lot of good press.

i was sort of hoping for the soundtrack to be tossed in with a pre-order bonus or something.  although im sure i'll accumulate the OST with a humble bundle eventually

Yeah, I haven't preordered because, while I'm sure it'll be great, I don't know enough about the game to purchase it yet. I would preorder just the soundtrack if I could though. I will quite likely purchase the game and soundtrack once it is released.

I really hope the fact there's barely any press about this game atm is a good sign... hopefully they're just so confident they're not too worried about spamming trailers and screen caps everywhere. Most the time with bigger games it's a bad sign if there's not any previews up any where, but what does it mean for indie devs? Is any one slightly worried? 

I think I'm still gonna pre-order the game purely based on how good Bastion was. I mean it's only £15. I want to go into it blind without any sort of reviews or previews hovering around in my brain and clouding up my judgement. 

Haven't they had the game at the last several PAX conferences in some sort of playable state? Maybe they're counting on word of mouth to fuel early interest in the game?

Haven't they had the game at the last several PAX conferences in some sort of playable state? Maybe they're counting on word of mouth to fuel early interest in the game?

Maybe? It wouldn't hurt to have word of mouth plus some sort of identifiable online presence for those of us who don't live near a PAX or just don't go to one. I loved Bastion a lot but I haven't heard anything about Transistor besides the vague outlines of a game from early preliminary previews. I don't know what they're gaining by not talking with RPS or somebody just one more time before launch.

Yeah, I think they've demo'd it a few times already, but I was talking more about written previews on industry sites.

Yeah, I played it at last year's PAX East and was completely sold on the game. I love how they handle the time manipulation stuff. It played like a blend of Bastion and an old isometric tactical RPG (Fallout 1/2, Jagged Alliance, etc.), except with just one character and streamlined to the gills. I can't wait to play the final release.