Sign in to follow this  
TychoCelchuuu

Frozen Endzone: Get Into the Frendzone With Human Big Dogs

ibmQ3L7xeuzJl8.jpg

Official Website | | Developer Blog | Steam Greenlight | twitter | Facebook

ibhyAvTorAFLqm.jpg

iqr2UMvLbWvoI.jpg

Frozen Endzone (or "Frendzone" as it is unfortunately likely to be known) is a simultaneous turn based sports tactics game. It's robot football with randomly generated arenas and carefully planned plays. Picture NFL Blitz + X-COM.

It will have full single player with skirmishes and season play, plus lots of mulitplayer modes. You'll be able to customize your team and potentially the stadiums you play in. It will have a kickass soundtrack by nervous_testpilot, the guy behind Frozen Synapse's amazing soundtrack.

It's being made by Mode 7 Games, the studio behind Frozen Synapse.

iLzjWDP6Acydd.jpg

ieZIk4SI8JiME.jpg

The game will come out in 2014 with a beta likely in 2013. It will be released for PC, Mac, and Linux. Frozen Synapse is in the process of coming to the iPad, the PS3, and the Vita, so for all we know, Frendzone will end up on some or all of those.

ihQ0XKgjyy07i.jpg

ibnt8pgM7Jl1IC.jpg

ivRTULdCq46sP.jpg

ibkzurLKTqJeM4.jpg

I am not into sport, and games that have the sports theme (Monday Night Combat for example) usually turn me off.

Though oddly enough the one sport that actually held my interest for awhile was football, I didn't get into the players or teams, but the actual mechanics of the game... it was clearly a tactical game based on old world war rules.

So, I didn't quite get into Frozen Synapse, but this is certainly intriguing, but I'll need a demo before sinking in any money.

I loved frozen synapse but never was able to get into blood bowl and most sports games in general so this is sad news to me.

I'm pretty psyched for this! I loved Frozen Synapse, but I kinda stopped playing because you could just randomly get screwed or randomly guaranteed a win. Here's hoping they've improved upon that here! (And, hell, they might've done just that in Frozen Synapse. Last time I played was like a week after release. Prior to which I'd been playing a ton of the beta.)

So Frozen Endzone is on Steam now in early access. I'm tempted, but the price tag is somewhat significant. That said, each copy is effectively two copies as they all come with a free key. Anyone else thinking of jumping in?

I have yet to play the latest version (which added a ton of stuff), but even in its earliest form, it was a great game. If you liked the Maxis classic RoboSport, you'll like this. It's like a less fiddly Frozen Synapse. 

If anyone wants to friend me, the name is DiaperDawg.