Sign in to follow this  
Jake

Idle Thumbs 98: Happy Dishonored Return of Nick Breckon

I follow all these dudes on twitter but I hadn't heard about this-- I've stopped reading my feed since it seems to end up being about half comprised of people I respect being kind of dicks to each other. Maybe I should follow fewer people.

Apparently he works at Telltale now? Congrats/fucks!

I applied and was rejected :getmecoat

I was also super confused as to whether Nick was permanently back. He didn't seem to talk that much, and nobody made a big deal, or even a small deal, about the fact that he was there. And the "Hey, Nick Breckon is back for real" at the end was said in exactly the same way you guys would make a joke about Nick Breckon being back for real. Was the goal to be confusing to people who didn't read twitter or was that an accident? Anyway, good episode, and I guess just congrats Nick now(?)

Horribly, the title is sort of a lie, because "Dishonored return" implies Nick has not actually returned. We are the worst.

I figured it was "Dishonored" because you didn't announce it or even acknowledge it in the podcast. Dishonored holidays happen a week or two before, right? So I'm looking forward to episode 100: "The Return of Nick Breckon".

Horribly, the title is sort of a lie, because "Dishonored return" implies Nick has not actually returned. We are the worst.

I had to do a double take, consider, then do another couple reads just to understand.

My mind has gone through some kind of rollercoaster loop-de-loop that then passes through the loop.

I'm glad ze old team iz back. :owned:

man, I wish you had photoshopped Nick's face onto indy's body.

49SuRzO.png

And the "Hey, Nick Breckon is back for real" at the end was said in exactly the same way you guys would make a joke about Nick Breckon being back for real.

Ha, exactly.  We will never believe Nick is truly back until we hear the magic four words: "and I'm Nick Breckon."

*awesome photoshop*

Astounding... Congrats Tegan!

That's a compound, not a portmanteau.

Is it a portmanteau if you consoder that the word "ad" is nested within?

Ha! I suppose that does make it a portmanteau and a rather awesome one at that!

Is it a portmanteau if you consoder that the word "ad" is nested within?

Ha! I suppose that does make it a portmanteau and a rather awesome one at that!

Yep!

Guys, lets not get into semandible arguments.

I was also super confused as to whether Nick was permanently back. He didn't seem to talk that much, and nobody made a big deal, or even a small deal, about the fact that he was there. And the "Hey, Nick Breckon is back for real" at the end was said in exactly the same way you guys would make a joke about Nick Breckon being back for real. Was the goal to be confusing to people who didn't read twitter or was that an accident? Anyway, good episode, and I guess just congrats Nick now(?)

Nothing out of the ordinary.

I figured it was "Dishonored" because you didn't announce it or even acknowledge it in the podcast. Dishonored holidays happen a week or two before, right? So I'm looking forward to episode 100: "The Return of Nick Breckon".

Congratulations in being in a small minority of folks who understand Dishonored joke logic, as I'm sure I will get a few "Happy Dishonored St. Patrick's Day!" tweets on Sunday. *sigh*

Congratulations in being in a small minority of folks who understand Dishonored joke logic, as I'm sure I will get a few "Happy Dishonored St. Patrick's Day!" tweets on Sunday. *sigh*

Those tweets are from Honored Twitter.

Yeah, I was super confused...

Glad to have Nick back on the cast though! And  congrats on the new Telltale position!

Chips challenge, QBasic gorillas (and nibbles!) and Indy/Yoda desktop adventures were a huge part of my childhood gaming time. It makes me happy that other people remember they exist.

Love me some Jezzball!

Did anyone here play Rodent's Revenge and SkiFree aka the other best games in the Microsoft Entertainment Packs? (The love for SkiFree is surely ubiquitous, but do not let that overshadow the magnificence that was turning cats into cheese in Rodent's Revenge!)

49SuRzO.png

Hahaha, great!

You guys should celebrate F Nick's return by posting some new googlable headshots of the crew for use in various forum pho'shops like this gem by tegan.

admittedly I would be photoshopping Nick's head onto shit every week if there were more than three photos of him on the internet.

Love me some Jezzball!

Did anyone here play Rodent's Revenge and SkiFree aka the other best games in the Microsoft Entertainment Packs? (The love for SkiFree is surely ubiquitous, but do not let that overshadow the magnificence that was turning cats into cheese in Rodent's Revenge!)

Holy cow. I think about SkiFree about once a week (I remember I assumed that the main character's name was SkiFree) but I haven't thought about Rodent's Revenge in AGES. This whole page is full of locked away gaming memories. Rattler's Race! Chip's Challenge! 

I'm sure the whole "let's act like Nick's always been here and it's no big deal" thing was funnier when you thought of it than it was in practice on the podcast.  Imagining your amusement, all is forgiven.

Congrats, Nick!

I'm sure the whole "let's act like Nick's always been here and it's no big deal" thing was funnier when you thought of it than it was in practice on the podcast.

That's just, like, your opinion, man.

(I thought it was kinda funny. Maybe the funniest.)