Sign in to follow this  
Jake

Idle Thumbs 98: Happy Dishonored Return of Nick Breckon

Idle Thumbs 98:

376__header.jpg

Happy Dishonored Return of Nick Breckon

Out with the old and in with the old! Say goodbye to Dishonored jokes and say hello to the past. With citizen demand for current hosts dwindling, you better zone some residential because a hip new family is moving back to Cool Town.

Games Discussed: SimCity, Anno 1404: Venice, Zafehouse Diaries, Indiana Jones and His Desktop Adventures, Castle Doctrine, Gorillas.bas, SimCity 2000

Ever since Nick's Tweet, I have been confused as to whether I should congratulate Nick, or lament the inevitable end of Idle Thumbs this landmark event must herald.

It was a late afternoon with concrete searing from the day's heat when I heard... a smokey sax?

Important question: What sports can Sean beat Joe Biden at? (Answer: None, because Biden.)

Biden would probably show up slightly tipsy wearing the wrong sports outfit to whatever sport you were competing in. He would then proceed to school you so thoroughly you would be obliged to give up that sport forever.

Wrong Foer on the Moonwalking with Einstein. :[

FUCK SERIOUSLY?!

FUCK SERIOUSLY?!

It's his brother Joshua. He occasionally does some NYT Magazine features too.

It's his brother Joshua. He occasionally does some NYT Magazine features too.

WAIT, Jonathan and Joshua Foer are related? Some how managed to never make this connection.

I haven't finished the episode, but I find it hilarious that Congrats Nick Breckon is back, and almost never talks now.

This has been the best episode in a while, I think.

Crazy mannequin story is the best.

I haven't finished the episode, but I find it hilarious that Congrats Nick Breckon is back, and almost never talks now.

The simcity 2000/ corrupt your daughters story was the best though. 

God, that mannequin story was unreal. I can totally imagine how confusing that would be at first site, and how much it would mess with your brain for the five seconds it takes to figure out what's actually happening.

Great episode, guys.

All I could think of during the talk about early casual gaming was

. Micro Man never came on my computer and I was always jealous of my cousin for having it.

. Micro Man never came on my computer and I was always jealous of my cousin for having it.

That looks sweet. I think it helps that I watched it with the sound off and this pumping instead:

It made for kind of a surreal music video.

All I could think of while watching that Micro Man video was the

on the NES.

All I could think of while watching that Micro Man video was the

on the NES.

All I could think of while watching that Micro Man video was

, an ancient shareware PC game.

All I could think of while watching that Micro Man video was

, an ancient shareware PC game.

And all I could think of while comparing Captain Comic to Micro Man was how much shareware gaming changed when things left DOS.

EDIT: Also, this was the first episode I listened to on my computer instead of on my iPod as I drove around delivering pizzas, and I was able to look up everything the Thumbs talked about in real time on muted YouTube videos. It was amazing to see Indiana Jones Desktop Adventures play out as they talked about it. Highly recommend this listening technique.

Highly recommend this listening technique.

Watching Youtube videos while driving on the job and paying attention to a podcast? Got it.

Watching Youtube videos while driving on the job and paying attention to a podcast? Got it.

I could have worded it better. 

The title is not a lie... Nick is really back?  Nice.

Horribly, the title is sort of a lie, because "Dishonored return" implies Nick has not actually returned. We are the worst.

Horribly, the title is sort of a lie, because "Dishonored return" implies Nick has not actually returned. We are the worst.

I was aware of the return before the cast due to twitter, but I imagine the lack of a "and im nick breckon" in the beginning led to some hilarious confusion.