Sign in to follow this  
Gwardinen

ThumbCity

So, I've decided I want to see how all these online asynchronous multiplayer hooplah really works in SimCity, if you have a group of cooperating people in a region. With that in mind I've set up a private region on North America East 4 for the use of Idle Thumbs. I picked this server because it currently has low population (less queueing) and is roughly in the middle of where most of the Thumbs are.

The region is 16 cities, as big as it gets, so that the most people can join. Initially I'd like to look for just Thumbs so they all have a chance to join, but if we don't fill up friends of Thumbs would be totally welcome.

I believe you have to be invited to join the region, so please add me on Origin if you're interested - my username there is Gwardinen.

We built thumbcity, we built thumbcity on rock and roBuilt thumbcity, we built thumbcity on rock and roooooooll

Bou bou bumbumbum bou bou ba BA BA

Will playing from Europe be a problem, prrformance-wise?

I doubt it. I'm also from Europe. The server stuff doesn't seem to affect the moment-to-moment gameplay a great deal, and even if data from the server came a full 5 seconds slower, since that data would likely be telling you that my garbage trucks had stopped coming to your city because a monster destroyed my dump, would those five seconds make a big difference?

God, I wanna play with you guys so bad... :(  Hope there's a spot in there still when the Mac version comes out.

How do we actually play together? The game browser in this game is insane/broken.

Assuming we've friended each other on Origin, we can just invite people into a region and avoid the whole browser thing altogether.

Yeah, you'll need to have a friend who's already in the region (me or Gwardinen) and have logged on to that server at least once. Then one of us can invite you, and it'll appear in the little "invites" thing in the main menu.

Could someone invite me to the region when they have a minute? I'm on the right server, I just need to be invited into the region. 

Thanks!

I am currently unable to send invites because EA has disabled my SimCity game on Origin for god alone knows what reason. Currently on hold with EA support to attempt to sort it. Bug toblix!

How is your game disabled? Probably unrelated, but I thought it was disabled one time too, because I used the taskbar pop-up menu to launch SimCity, but of course instead of just starting the game, it opened the Origin window instead and launched SimCity in the background. Since the Origin window appeared, I thought I would have to launch it manually, so I tried to click the Play button, but it was disabled since it had already launched it in the background, so I was like «fuckfuckfuck» but then I noticed the SimCity window in the background.

Hmm, try prog_hume. 

I was looking at help.ea.com from clicking the "View Updates" link, which still says I'm proghume. Man, Origin....

Well I still don't see any invites to the game. I can access the region and see only toblix and gwardinen in it so far. Of course it won't let me actually join without being invited. So...

Since I have friended everybody in this thread should I just go ahead and create another region with the same parameters so we can do this thing together?

SORRY! I forgot to stop by the region, but you're both invited now.