Sign in to follow this  
melmer

The Walking Dead Season 2: Zalking Dead

Telltale’s The Walking Dead Season Two On Track For Release This Fall

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/03/06/telltale-s-the-walking-dead-season-two-on-track-for-release-this-fall.aspx

What would you like to see from season 2?

I'd like...

A dog

A blind or deaf character

A shotgun

A theme park (I just though of this, they're blatantly going to be visiting a theme park, it's synonymous with zombie stories these days. You gotta get that fan service)

A zombie to moan "braaaaaains"

Could it have a female lead? Or let you choose a male of female characters story at the beginning? Doubling the work for everyone involved :)

The only thing I would like to see is new characters. Not that I disliked the characters from the original or anything but I'd really like to see another contained story instead of more adventures of the people that survived the first game. As long the sequel has the same style of gameplay and the writing is at least as good as the first, then I'll be happy with it.

I'm actually more interested in Fables right now since I love the comic and I want to see how that translates to a game.

I'd like to see a blind character with a deaf seeing eye dog. Together, they use a shotgun in a theme park to shoot a zombie that moans brains. Also both the blind character and the dog are female and they are the lead characters.

Winner winner chicken dinner! Only one thing I'd change, he deaf dog gets attacked theme by theme park clown zombie (moaning brains) and has to have its leg amputated. And what do they use as a prosthetic leg...? The shotgun! Making the dog your faithful companion and weapon of choice. (The dog should be a pug)(I can already imagine a little pug in the walking dead art style, sooooo cuuuuute)

I hope there's less adventure gamey stuff and more self contained puzzles. I really liked the mouse trap style puzzle at the end of episode 5. The worse part of the whole of season 1 for me was getting that train working. not knowing what you needed to do, not knowing what items you may need, slowly walking backwards and forwards through each screen in case you missed anything, talking to each character multipul times. No thanks. (Wait, I just described all adventure games :) )

Any reference to Max Ides and any of his fallen lovers and/or hits would be appreciated.

I'd like someone to be assigned as Executive Producer, and for them to run the series like a TV show, so to stop all the weird and unnecessary inconsistencies.

Clementine as a badass teenager ... shooting a zombie clown in the face. Also a brief cross-over between her story and Michonne's. I loved Herschel's bit part in Episode 1.

Well if we're shooting zombie clowns in the face, we might as well make Zoey from Left 4 Dead Clementine's new mentor.

Daryl is awesome I'm not sure what universe you live in. Also the show invariably sucks until season three, at which point I started actually liking it. i'd given up, but a friend talked me into giving it another shot. Welp. Where Am I?

I'm just wondering how many people are like me;

I played season 1, I loved it. The story was cool, it was emotional, the idea of a new kind of adventure game/interactive story is really cool.

But I have absolutely zero desire for a season 2. The stuff I cared about from season 1 was resolved and another adventure with all new characters would be neat, but not a big draw for me. Continuing adventure and learning more about what happened with the Season 1 stuff is an immediate don't want as well.

So I'm just curious if I'm just a rare case consumer or if Telltale actually painted themselves in a bit of a corner with Season 1?

Either way I want more of this type of media in other stories, maybe one that is less depressing and I know a ton of people are in the category of "Season 2 now!" so I'm sure they'll do fine.

Daryl is awesome I'm not sure what universe you live in. 

Ok yeah, marginally emo, part-of-the-group Daryl has gotten pretty good. His juju with Carol is kind of great, I hope they develop that. But he's such a stereotype as is Merle. You're totally right about the show sort of sucking until Season 3.

Eh, everything's a stereotype at this point. I can't really make myself get worked up about that sort of thing like I used to.

The game probably actually sucks, though. Daryl pre-midway-through-season-two is just awkward. Making a game that stars him? Weird. (The game probably actually sucks for other reasons, too.)

I'd like it to start like a game much like season 1, only with some weird stuff, like some bad models and wonky texture alignment, and then after a few minutes, with that effect from The Matrix, the camera zooms out (or dollys, or whatever,) through a screen, and it's just a guy playing «The Dead Walk!» on his computer and then he's attacked by zombies, and it turns out the game takes place before the first season.

Maybe later someone shouts «Cut! Cut!» and it was all just a movie. These are all ideas from the top of my head.

Actually that would by pretty cool, start it pre Z day. Hadn't considered that... Although the problem with that is, we as the player know the zombie rules and the game characters wouldn't

Pfft, who needs Season 2 of The Walking Dead when you can play this fine game:

I would like my character to make a wise-crack every time he or she kills, or is about to kill a zombie. "Knife to see you" *stab* "Hammer time" *bash* "Have a seat" *chair smash* You can use those by the way, it's cool, I won't sue.

Pfft, who needs Season 2 of The Walking Dead when you can play this fine game:

Hahahaha, wow. I wonder if Telltale is gonna get any angry emails from people who thought this was also made by them.

I would like my character to make a wise-crack every time he or she kills, or is about to kill a zombie. "Knife to see you" *stab* "Hammer time" *bash* "Have a seat" *chair smash* You can use those by the way, it's cool, I won't sue.

Hahahaha, wow. I wonder if Telltale is gonna get any angry emails from people who thought this was also made by them.

YES! Far Cry 3 style! (Except not as terrible...)

I think the Telltale WD Facebook page is already filling up with confused people.

Excellent!

On the plus side, If anyone gives you shit you can now just shrug it off and say "well, they're blatantly talking about the other game" :)

for example, Heather from Warren AR says

Your game play sucks. The game has too many glitches, and it constantly freezes at the worst times. If too many buttons are pushed too fast it freezes, like while trying to kill the zombies and I die... It took longer than needed for me to finish the game because of the constant glitching and freezing.

Blatantly Survival instinct innit

Heather from Warren AR says

Your game play sucks. The game has too many glitches, and it constantly freezes at the worst times. If too many buttons are pushed too fast it freezes, like while trying to kill the zombies and I die... It took longer than needed for me to finish the game because of the constant glitching and freezing.

minutes this person would survive during an actual zombie apocalypse?