Sign in to follow this  
SecretAsianMan

PAX East 2013

I'll be illegal parked just outside the entrance, all the windows down, stereo full blast

not really, i'll actually be on the other side of the planet probably sleeping

Oh cool, you can give us a ride.

Oh cool, you can give us a ride.

no worries, i'll better get my skates on. Does anyone know any good transatlantic car shipping companies?

Alternatively i could hire Roger Sterling actor John M. Slattery, Jr. to be there in my stead, wearing his best suit, fag in hand, illegal parked, windows down, stereo full blast. If i was a billionaire i would totally try and arrange that, alas i am not. Only a mere millionaire

I'd be up for that.  I've never actually been to the board games part of PAX before.  Almost all of the people I know at PAX are enforcers, so they never have time to do anything.

I'd be down for handling some wein too.

I don't really have an opinion on bar/restaurant choice (and it's definitely something we can decide when we get there). As for initial meet-up location, I propose the DF/Capy booth (#992)? Does that make sense?

'Enforcers'? That sounds pretty sinister!

Also, last year I'd promised myself that I'd fly over for this. But no, forgot to buy tickets, and when I did think about it, they were all sold out. So maybe next year. Wanted to visit Boston for a long time.

'Enforcers'? That sounds pretty sinister!

"Enforcers" are what they call the army of volunteers that makes PAX (and many other PA related things) possible.  Although I think they get minimum wage now.

I'm also fine with meeting at the DF booth.  Maybe we can kidnap Chris while we're there.

Doesn't the exhibition floor close earlier than the rest of the convention? If it does, it might be easier to meet at the main entrance. Otherwise the DF booth is fine (as long as we don't take up too much space and awkwardly prevent other DF fans from stopping by).

Doesn't the exhibition floor close earlier than the rest of the convention? If it does, it might be easier to meet at the main entrance. Otherwise the DF booth is fine (as long as we don't take up too much space and awkwardly prevent other DF fans from stopping by).

Good point.  According to the PAX site, the expo hall closes at 6.  So I guess the main entrance is a better meeting place.  We should still kidnap Chris though.

When were we planning to meet? We could always meet at the DF booth just before the hall closes and then hang out until whatever it is.

You guys should definitely hang around the DF booth and when you've exhausted all conversational topics with Chris... Hang around a bit longer :) until it gets properly awkward. Then throw some stink bombs and do a runner. (Take care not to trip due to the hysterical state you'll no doubt be in)

Mington has the best ideas!

So not that anyone was holding their breath, but I've changed plans and I'm not going... instead I'll be having a relaxing weekend at a bed & breakfast near Mystic Seaport.

So there.

When were we planning to meet? We could always meet at the DF booth just before the hall closes and then hang out until whatever it is.

Argo and I seemed to be thinking around 6, so I'm going to say that unless someone has an objection.  I'll probably be around the DF booth before then though.

Argo and I seemed to be thinking around 6, so I'm going to say that unless someone has an objection.  I'll probably be around the DF booth before then though.

It's settled then. We'll meet at the DF booth at or before 6pm on Friday. If anyone else would like to join us, now's the time to speak up so we know to wait for you. Judging by your handle, it looks like there will be at least two Asian people in Idle Thumbs swag so look out for that.

Judging by your handle, it looks like there will be at least two Asian people in Idle Thumbs swag so look out for that.

Shh!  That's a secret.

But yes.

Yo, does that mean the capcom stream had a hall full of people singing along to duck tails... I would like to see that :)

Hey guys, it was really fun hanging out with you guys. Post here so I know who you are on the forums. I'm Ben.

And I'm Nick Breckon.