Sign in to follow this  
SecretAsianMan

PAX East 2013

I was looking at the schedule for PAX East and I noticed that Chris is listed as a panelist for the Double Fine Adventure Adventure! panel.  I've been lied to by the PAX schedule before (video games and famous were listed as panelists for the Telltale panel at PAX Prime 2011 but that proved to be false).  Are any of the Thumbs going to Boston this year?

Also, any readers going to PAX?  Want to meet up?  Or maybe attend some panels together?

I'll be there! Haven't had a good chance to look over the panel list yet, but I saw there will be a panel on video games and ethics that sounds pretty interesting.

(Also, if the schedule is accurate and DF is giving their talk on Sunday afternoon, then there goes any plans I had about getting back to DC at a reasonable hour. It'll be worth it though, I'm sure.)

I'll be there as well, Friday and Saturday.  There are a handful of interesting looking panels this year, lots of stuff on RPGs it seems, which is what I'm working on right now so that's a nice.

Are you working at a DF booth as well, Chris?  We spoke briefly at the Irrational booth a couple years ago when I got you and Steve to sign a copy of Weinhandler - a highlight of the weekend  :)

I will be at PAX as well. Is there a Thumbs meetup planned? Would love to have some drinks with you guys.

I would love to have a meetup, even if it's only among readers and none of the Thumbs can make it.  I've never been to PAX East before and I don't know the area, does anyone know a good spot to hang out?

I would murder so many people to be able to go to a proper video game conference.

In future, whilst attending any one of the proper video games conferences, if you happen to witness someone sat in the back row gently weeping and muttering to themselves "what have I done" whilst staring down at their open palms. Probably toblix

Just muttering 'out damned spot,' to himself, over and over again.

Because he wants them to reveal the Cool Spot HD remake?

Because he wants them to reveal the Cool Spot HD remake?

Cool Spot HD remake is now also a mashup with Macbeth.

I'm definitely down for a meetup.  The Barking Crab is within walking distance, though a bit expensive (for food at least).  That's about all I know around the area.

hahaha, yes!  Well, if there's no official meet-up organized you'll still (cool) spot me wearing the thumbs shirt with an olive green shoulder bag.  Come on up and give me the secret baboo and we can share an uncomfortable conversation!  

Now I really wish I had the super gold shimmery shirt so I could dress to the thumbs 2 days in a row.

I only recently moved to Boston not too long ago. I'll ask around for some good pub-by type places near the convention center.

oh man, if I was a bolder gent with time on my hands a Cool Spot cosplay would be in the works

I'll be there as well, Friday and Saturday.  There are a handful of interesting looking panels this year, lots of stuff on RPGs it seems, which is what I'm working on right now so that's a nice.

Are you working at a DF booth as well, Chris?  We spoke briefly at the Irrational booth a couple years ago when I got you and Steve to sign a copy of Weinhandler - a highlight of the weekend  :)

Yep, I'll be hanging out at the joint DF/Capy booth.

oh man, if I was a bolder gent with time on my hands a Cool Spot cosplay would be in the works

Cool spot cosplay should be pretty simple, all you would need is some red face paint, some shades and a shirt like this dark-blue-mens-beach-shirts-763721-250x2

PAX is only a few days away.  Anyone want to attempt to plan a meetup?  I was thinking we could try meeting somewhere on Friday night and then wander aimlessly until we find a place willing to put up with us.

There's an Irish pub called "M.J O'Connor's" (take a moment to bask in how incredibly, impressively Irish that name is) right outside the convention center, but I'm worried that it's too close and it'll be mobbed with PAXers.

I'm thinking either Barlowe's (https://plus.google.com/112370270518431791480/about?gl=us&hl=en), Whiskey Priest (https://plus.google.com/114424780945587399083/about?gl=us&hl=en), or Legal Test Kitchen (https://plus.google.com/108679621104888815904/about?gl=us&hl=en).

Who else is interested and where should we meet up? I'll be wearing Idle Thumbs gear on Friday, at least.

I'd love to join in on a meet up! Location doesn't really matter to me, although obviously the closer it is to the convention center, the more crowded it'll be.

Just glancing at the panel schedule, I think I'll be available any time after 6 (completely willing to push that back if people have later panels they really want to see). Should we pick a time to gather near the convention center entrance and then wander to a not-so-crowded bar? 

I'll be illegal parked just outside the entrance, all the windows down, stereo full blast

not really, i'll actually be on the other side of the planet probably sleeping

I'll be wearing Idle Thumbs stuff too.  Most of the panels I'm interested in are on Saturday or Sunday, so Friday is pretty open for me.  6 sounds good to me, but I'm willing to push that back as well.