subbes

Surgeon Simulator 2013

Have you wanted to simulate performing a tricky transplant, and found Trauma Center a baby game for kids?  Enjoy the idea of controlling each finger individually?  Ever wanted to accidentally slice through your patient's spine with a bone saw?

From Bossa Studio comes SURGERY SIMULATOR 2013 - available to play online using Unity, or downloadable for Mac, Linux and Windows.  

"You are Nigel Burke... an ordinary guy, with no outstanding skills. Somehow forced to perform a heart transplant, using any tools available. Complete the operation in the quickest time possible, with minimal blood loss! Features Revolutionary 1 to 1 finger manipulation control system Realistic surgical tool physics. Professional voice acting. Thumping soundtrack."

Oh, and it's on Greenlight.

The very fact that a perfect run doesn't look that different from a horrible run kind of eliminates that obsessive "Wait I think I ALMOST HAVE IT" quality that QWOP had. But that first moment the lunacy of the control scheme dawned me (having gone into the game completely blind) is probably the hardest I've ever laughed playing a game.

This game makes me feel really uneasy, like one of those nightmares where you are desperately trying to grab something but try as you might, your hands are not working correctly.

All of the subtext going on in this game is kind of hilarious.

It sort of ends up being this really awful dark comedy about a 1980's surgeon and his crippling, unconfronted drug abuse.

If you complete all three surgeries (heart, double kidney, and brain transplants) you can unlock ambulance mode.  In ambulance mode you have the same three operations but in a moving ambulance.  The doors open intermittently to hilarious effect.  If you complete ambulance mode a black floppy disk marked "?????" appears at the reception desk.  Pop this in the slot and...

(sorry about the guy in the video, he's kind of irritating)

I owned the heart transplant, only 700ish blood left :)