melmer

Destiny

I was given the Destiny collection for christmas. I've got consumables that will hike me to I think levels 20 and 40, but since I've never played before I'm gonna take my time and start at the very beginning and learn how the game works.  But if any thumbs wanna fireteam with me, my psn name is rootsworks!

On 12/26/2016 at 2:18 PM, root said:

I was given the Destiny collection for christmas. I've got consumables that will hike me to I think levels 20 and 40, but since I've never played before I'm gonna take my time and start at the very beginning and learn how the game works.  But if any thumbs wanna fireteam with me, my psn name is rootsworks!

I'm in the same boat and am planning to do the same thing, just level up from scratch. Any more experienced Thumbs have any ideas on that? Am I being silly and should I just take the level-40 upgrade?

The level 40 upgrade will get you to the "good" parts of the game quickly, but if you want to see it all you should play as normal. It's not as bad as when the game first launched since they've rolled the DLC missions into the levelling experience, but if you ever get bored you should skip ahead to the Taken King missions, which are a noticeable improvement. Personally I think the old content is still fine, and it's a good opportunity to learn how the game works before you get into the endgame.

Yeah I would say the level 40 boost is best saved for a second character. The story missions are fun the first time through but it's kinda boring the second time so the level thing can let you skip some of it the second time around.

And hey if you two ever want to do the raids (which are by far the most fun in Destiny and I say that as someone who like 90% of that game) just post in here and we'll try to get a group going. I'm always down for some raiding.

Also, the consumables won't give you any progress toward your other two subclasses. Playing through all the older stuff will.

People new to the game should know that there's an Idle Thumbs Destiny clan called Crota Today and a PS4 community with the same name. I think you can self-join the clan, and I'm happy to add people to the PS4 community. Both are pretty good ways to see if any Thumbs types are on and playing. You'll eventually hit something you can't or would rather not solo.

So long as timing works for me, I'm in for most raids. Raids I've done with Thumbs have been the best raids!

If you've got me on your friends list and see me online, or even if you don't (I've got the messages app on my phone), shoot me a message to see if I'm around to play!

Awesome! Mech, please add me to that community. I will look up the clan. I am very new to PS4 stuff.

1 hour ago, Irishjohn said:

Awesome! Mech, please add me to that community. I will look up the clan. I am very new to PS4 stuff.

Sure thing. What's your PSN ID?

Anyone interested in making a run (or three) at the Nightfall this week? My friend and I tried to two-person it last night, and though we finished it, we blew way past the time limit. Ice Breaker demands better.

We usually play after 9 p.m. ET during the week. The weekend is an option, too.

I'd be in, but my work schedule is absolutely screwed right now (OT everywhere). If you see me online and need one more, shoot me an invite though!

Saturday this weekend is a write-off for me. Taking my mom out for dinner.

Alright, with my friend, we'll have three for the Nightfall tonight.

J.C. and Vulpes, if Sunday works for both of you, I'd be happy to take a couple more runs at it or anything else.

As it stands, I've got no prior commitments on Sunday, so if that works for others, I'm good to go!

I'd be down for a raid. I still haven't done any of the older ones, so wouldn't mind a shot at those if people were up for it.

Alright if Mechanations is down for a raid as well let's give it a day for anyone who might want to join around here and if we don't get anyone else I can go post on Gamers With Jobs looking to fill the other slots.

Okay how long can anyone go? if we need to keep it brief we can do Crota or if not Vault of Glass is a better and more fun raid. Also what times are good for people? Oh and if any of the people who got the game over Christmas are reading this if you're over level 20 you can do these raids and are welcome to join!