melmer

Destiny

Tons of fun. Still amazed at how we cruised through the zamboni this time.

Sounded like there was interest to rerun some of the old raids. We'll have to figure out a good weekend to knock one or two of them out. Also potentially the hard mode for the new one if/when we level up enough for it.

Bonus video:

Definitely count me in for older raids, as this was my first!

First two raids shouldn't be too bad to do just by virtue of how high are our light levels are. But the Vex one will still be fairly lengthy due to how much stuff you need to learn in it and how most of us likely don't remember too much of it. And the Crota raid is just really short. The taken King raid I imagine will still be relatively hard but unlike the first two you can still use that gear if you like it so it has that going for it.

All in all I would be up for doing them some weekend if you like.

Good to play with you guys again, glad y'all made it through. If you need any help with the Outbreak Prime quest, feel free to hit me up. I've done it on all my characters so I can fill the Hunter/Warlock/Titan spot in your team as needed. If you want to take a crack at HM, I'd recommend that the group be average 385 light. A bit easier to do now that everything has been bumped up in terms of rewards, Heroic Strikes and Archon's Forge do wonders as well as Iron Banner when that rolls back around in a couple weeks.

J.C. messaged me the other day looking for someone to help with the last step of the Outbreak Prime quest. I had the time and the inclination, but not the required quest status (same step or completed).

Last night, a friend of mine was looking for a sixth for his group's WotM HM run, and asked if I was interested. I said sure, but that I'd only done most of WotM NM once, and had never done HM. He very diplomatically withdrew his invitation.

All my characters can hit 390 (my Titan 391), but my lack of experience with the raid is keeping me from doing stuff I'd like to do. Is there any interest here in doing WotM again, either normal or hard mode? 

I'd be down for it. I was going to try get a group together last weekend to run it but I had my appendix out last Wednesday so I wasn't really up for it.

1 hour ago, Mechanations said:

J.C. messaged me the other day looking for someone to help with the last step of the Outbreak Prime quest. I had the time and the inclination, but not the required quest status (same step or completed).

With Outbreak Prime, it's not even a matter of experience. You just need to complete steps to get to a certain point, without that done, unfortunately you can't help. That said! I've got it complete now, so if anyone needs help with it, I'll happily help! The quest is tied to activating all the monitors in the raid.

I'd be down for running it this weekend, ideally Sunday if that works for folks. I've done it a couple times now (with varying success).

I could probably do something Sunday. I haven't had a ton of time to play lately so I'm not up to Hard Mode levels yet (378 I think?). I also need to do misc Outbreak Prime stuff that requires one of each class in your fireteam.

1 hour ago, Professor Video Games said:

I also need to do misc Outbreak Prime stuff that requires one of each class in your fireteam.

Let's set up a time, and I'll help with that, assuming you need a warlock.

Doh! Well, aside from the Be The Battery step, and the puzzle solving steps, nothing else requires specific classes.

The 3rd to last step requires doing the raid, either grinding the first boss kill 3 times, or doing the full thing (which imo is faster) to get a specific drop you only get while on the quest.

I'd be happy to do WotM anytime. I've already done it this week but I have a ton of keys to use.

I'm always up for destiny.  Usually on in the evenings EST.  3 characters north of 398. Hit me up - I'd love to take down VoG or Crota as well

PSN: Tyrolxiii

Anyone want to group up this weekend and do some holiday stuff? The strike scoring sounds fun and I want to give the racing a go this time around and everything is more fun in a group. Especially when that group isn't just me talking to my Kirby Amiibo about how great I am at the game.

I have a Shadowrun Game that Sunday but it's not in till 3PM MT that day so it shouldn't be an issue. I can start as early as 11AM so whatever works for you guys.

I'm on PST, so that works. Morning is best as it'll allow me to do stuff later on!

I'll sign on in the morning to see if you guys are on. If not, another time!

Yeah, I underestimated the number of things I'd need to get done today that don't involve Destiny. I'll be on later, but most likely not at the time we'd planned.