melmer

Destiny

It might be fun to try our hand at just the first bit this weekend for the hell of it but right now I'm having a hard time getting to 340 let alone 360. So I'm thinking next week preferably or the week after.

I don't think we're anywhere near ready this weekend. Maybe some of us will be ready next weekend but the one after is probably our best bet.

Yeah another week or two should get everyone there...I'm at maybe 330 at the moment. The real challenge now is avoiding spoilers until we're ready.

I tried out the new crucible mode last night. Although I am very bad at PvP, I really liked it. It's a cool twist having to recover crests after kills to get any credit. Leads to some interesting changes in play style in both rumble and team matches.

So how would everyone feel about maybe doing the first boss of the raid this weekend? I've heard it's doable at 350 and should drop some gear for the next attempt, and would help by letting on sort of build up to the full raid next weekend.

I hit 348 with my Titan last night, and I can probably get to 350 by Saturday. I'm up for an exploratory run if we can get the people. I doubt my friend will be ready to go, though; he apparently doesn't spend all his free time grinding for engrams. 

It's fine if we can't get the people. Just figured I'd throw it out there. If anyone else wants to do it just speak up and we'll see who we can get by the weekend. I'd feel weird doing the first bit with people other then the people from the list last page though.

I'm 311 as of last night, so unless my pace slows, I should hit around 345-350 by this weekend. I wouldn't be able to play much until Sunday though.

Some speculation and dot-connecting regarding Destiny 2: http://kotaku.com/sources-destiny-2-coming-to-pc-aims-to-feel-like-a-to-1787153460

In April, according to several sources, Bungie had a staff reorganization. During this process, The Taken King director Luke Smith and executive producer Mark Noseworthy became, respectively, director and executive producer of Destiny 2. They rebooted the story that had been written up to that point. A number of veteran Bungie staffers also left the studio around that time. Some went to big companies; others moved into indie development.

Emphasis mine. Boy, does that sound familiar. 

Luke Smith is in my short list of internet crushes, and the fact that he has disappeared from regular podcast rotations is a travesty.

While there's some kinda neat lore buried deep, deep within the website-only (still!) grimoire cards, the stories in Destiny so far have been pretty garbage, so I say reboot away. If the story in Destiny 2 is good I'll be happily surprised.

I'm in the 340s right now...should get to 350 by the weekend. I think the hard strikes and vendor packages are the best ways to get 350+ gear, right? Anyway I'd be willing to give the first section or two a shot this weekend if we can get a crew together.

332 as of tonight! I'll get to adding some of you over the next few days. Is there a list of active players to add or anything?

There was a thread in the multiplayer subforum but it's really just a handful of us still active now. If you go through the last page or two you should be able to find all our PSN names. There is an Idle Thumbs clan, Crota Today, that you can join if you want. It actually shows online clan members in-game now so that's something.

Luke Smith is in my short list of internet crushes, and the fact that he has disappeared from regular podcast rotations is a travesty.

AGREED ):

Luke Smith being at least partially in charge of Destiny 2 is reason for optimism, I think. He was creative director of Taken King, and that turned out pretty well. But those late-in-development story reboots are such a Bungie thing. I guess none of us are really here for that lore, though.

In addition to the Bungie-side Crota Today clan, there's a Crota Today PSN community. I don't know how easy that is to join, but it conveniently tells you when other people in that community are on and playing the game.

Oh yeah! The community could be better to check because I think some people are in reddit clans or whatever instead.

Apparently an ARG came and went over the past day or two that reveals how to get a new exotic quest via a room in the raid. Just read the summary on reddit (it doesn't spoil any raid stuff). Pretty bananas.

Oh yeah! The community could be better to check because I think some people are in reddit clans or whatever instead.

Apparently an ARG came and went over the past day or two that reveals how to get a new exotic quest via a room in the raid. Just read the summary on reddit (it doesn't spoil any raid stuff). Pretty bananas.

So I've been playing a bunch of Destiny in the last few days because I've had a bunch of free time. For some reason it didn't totally click for me the first time I played it. Now I'm feeling it get its hooks in pretty deep.

Are there any lower level people in Crota Today? I'm 32 at this point and am just playing through story missions/patrols/bounties but would like to team up with some fellow thumbs and run strikes/other group stuff.

I'm in the 340s right now...should get to 350 by the weekend. I think the hard strikes and vendor packages are the best ways to get 350+ gear, right? Anyway I'd be willing to give the first section or two a shot this weekend if we can get a crew together.

I'd be game for this. I just hit 354. Yay for grinding the SIVA strike list...

Hmm I could probably do tomorrow morning though I'm not 100% sure how long...the first section or two at least for sure. I'm at 354 as well I think. If not tomorrow, let's try and lock it down for one morning next weekend maybe?

Doesn't this defeat the point of going in blind, if half the group does the first section ahead of time?

I would be willing to go foward if one person who wants to do it next week couldn't make it and was okay with us going on with them but otherwise I would back out.

I have a few hours of softball tomorrow morning, so I likely wouldn't be available for raiding until 2 p.m. ET (11 a.m. PT, 6 p.m. GMT) or so. But if you all have the numbers and the time, please don't worry about going on without me. I'm more interested in doing the raid at all (I never finished King's Fall) than doing it blind.

(The friend I volunteered to be our sixth is definitely out for tomorrow. I don't think he's broken 340.)

I have managed to come down with a sickness of some kind for the second weekend in a row so the most I will be up for is doing some heroic strikes. So if anyone wants to do some of those with me not having a mic on feel free to hit me up but I do not have it in me for a raid tomorrow.