melmer

Destiny

New expansion is getting announced tomorrow! And since this is the season of E3 leaks, an Xbox store page went up early http://store.xbox.com/en-SG/Xbox-One/DLC/Destiny-Rise-of-Iron/cd6303f6-a44c-402d-be0d-e5adfa0ccde2#gameDetailsSection

Destiny: Rise of Iron is the next highly anticipated expansion to the Destiny universe. The wall which stood for centuries along the southern border of Old Russia has collapsed. Fallen mutants now scavenge the tombs of the Golden Age, and the plague they have unearthed in the wastes is more dangerous than even they understand. Join Lord Saladin. Journey into the Plaguelands. Learn the fate of the Iron Lords and stop the growing threat before it is too late. Includes: • New Story Campaign & Quests • New Armor and Gear • New Weapons • New Raid • Maximum Light Increase • New Strike • New Plaguelands Zone & Social Space • New Crucible Mode & Maps • New Enemy Faction and Bosses

OMG A NEW SOCIAL SPACE?!?!?!?!?! ;P

Still this will almost certainly get me back into the game. Now I just need to buy a new DS4 to replace the one I wore out last time a Destiny expansion came out.

I'll jump back in for the expansion for sure. Will it be time for another Idle Thumbs blind raid?

Just looked at my heatmap. Aside from a brief Crota->HoW break, it was basically a solid year of what is for me pretty consistent play. I think at the end there I was trying to grind out materials to get one of the exotic swords and I had a total "fuck this" moment. Nice thing was at that point I had a full year's worth of other games to play :P

post-24707-0-94874300-1465416004_thumb.png

That's not Destiny 2 for PC. ):<

https://www.destinythegame.com/uk/en/rise-of-iron

New zone, raid, gear etc.

Enemies are Fallen splicers.

$30, don't know yet what the UK price will be but I assume £30.

And not only is it not on PC, it's also not on 360 or PS3! They mentioned some sort of upgrade path, I assume that means they'll sell a console bundle with the game.

It also sounds like there won't be a physical version this time.

[stuff]

And not only is it not on PC, it's also not on 360 or PS3! They mentioned some sort of upgrade path, I assume that means they'll sell a console bundle with the game.

It also sounds like there won't be a physical version this time.

I read it as either them selling a console bundle or them allowing there to be some kind of upgrade path to 360/PS3 owners who have physical editions of the game (since only the digital versions have cross-platform licenses at the moment).

The year two moments of triumph have been announced:

The Year Two Moments of Triumph are:

A Blade Reborn: Complete any of the Exotic sword quests from Shaxx
    Eris Morn's Revenge: Collect all 50 Calcified Fragments
    The Sword Logic: Defeat Oryx in the King's Fall Raid on Hard difficulty
    Return to the Reef: Complete the April quests "At The Gates" and "Return to the Prison"
    The Play's The Thing: Complete the Taken King main questline, culminating in "Regicide."
    Challenge of the Elders: Complete an Elder's Sigil scorecard in the Prison of the Elders.
    This is Amazing: Complete the Crucible questline culminating in "The Mountaintop."
    The Third Element: Equip a fully leveled Year Two subclass on any character.

I'd be down for getting back into the game for a bit if anyone wants to do some of those.

I've already finished mine! The cool part is that by doing them all, you can buy a special tshirt with your username on it.

Ok I have a Destiny/PS4 question.

I can get to the character select screen, but after that it just will not load.

I have tried other games, rocket league loads instantly. Doom slowly, but eventually gets there. 

Does anyone have any idea as to what is wrong, or what I could do to fix the issue? I've tried deleting and reinstalling the game, no difference.

After a week of trying, 5 minutes after posting that it...just worked.

It also feels SUPER SLOW after playing a bunch of DOOM. Feel like my character is moving through molasses. 

I checked these out and apparently I've only done one (complete the main story). I dunno how deep in I want to get right now, but if you want some company for any of these and don't need me to have a super high light level, I'd be willing the jump back on. I think I was just above 300 when I dropped off.

I'm around 300 as well and will be around on weekends to do stuff. I can't remember if we're PSN friends but if we aren't just send me an invite saying who you are on the forums. Assuming it's not obvious.

If you want to do all of these, look up how to get all the Calcified Fragments. Some of them are tied to bosses that rotate weekly so you need to plan ahead to get all of them.

I'm a bit lost in Destiny actually. I've missed a lot and now have no idea what the aim of the game is. What am I supposed to be doing, other than just running stakes (which are now the worst because everyone goes into heroic strikes under geared and die instantly).

Um, the aim of the game is really just shooting stuff. The SP story missions are decent enough to get you going, but from there, strikes and then raids are the meat of the game, and quite a lot of fun. Or, if you're into multiplayer, that is really solid.

I'm a bit lost in Destiny actually. I've missed a lot and now have no idea what the aim of the game is. What am I supposed to be doing, other than just running stakes (which are now the worst because everyone goes into heroic strikes under geared and die instantly).

I think the "point" of post-April Destiny is to get to 335 Light. The people I know who play regularly run Challenge of Elders, King's Fall HM, Trials, and Iron Banner. All of those can be sources of 335 gear.

You can also get 335 stuff from exotic engrams, so farming those via the old methods is a valid (but slow) means of progression. I mostly play solo, so that's what I've been doing.

I wanna say they've added Prison of Elders stuff that will drop some decent gear. Is that right? I guess I have the same question...what drops >300 light level gear now?

Faction care packages can get you gear up to 330 Light. Court of Oryx can drop high-Light artifacts. Challenge of Elders (the timed, score-based variant of PoE) can give you good stuff. Progression is faster than it used to be, especially if you can put together a three-person fireteam.

Related: Our the100 group still exists. Would be useful for scheduling some of this stuff.

The PVP is still really fun in this and I think I like it more then Overwatch but it's a shame there's not really a huge player base for it at the moment. I keep getting matched with people who have been playing it non-stop since it came out and I can't really keep up.

I can't play Destiny any more. Every time I try, the whole game just feels so freaking slow. DOOM has really shifted my perception of what an FPS should play like.

I can understand that, people have been saying the same about Overwatch re: 60fps though I'm not sure if you're talking about the pace of combat or the framerate.

I'm pretty content with Destiny having a slower pace of combat, it actually makes the PvP interesting in my mind. Though there is an ever rising complaint about how the primary game in PvP is gone because of stuff like the Universal Remote, max range shotguns like Party Crasher, and snipers, I feel like that really mostly applies to public games. I've been getting more and more into sweats, 3v3 games that are effectively crude forms of custom games with rules that facilitate primary weapon gunplay. All of that said, I'm really only at this place because I truly haven't stopped playing since the end of CE and I'm just at a place where I need to find new ways to enjoy the game if I do want to keep playing.

Anyways, if anyone needs help completing MoT hit me up. I'm around all of the time.

Edit: Oh, one last thing - if you need to gear up, Iron Banner starts tomorrow and is a good way to get end-game leveled drops. Since everyone and their mother is playing it, there tends to be a better range of skilled players so matches tend to be less sweaty.

Oh I could totally go for some Iron Banner right now. Hopefully that counts for the PVP portion of the MOT and then I can do the rotating stuff for fragments next week and by then I should be able to do the hard mode raid and not hold a group back too much.

Do you need to finish the normal raid before you can jump into hard mode?