melmer

Destiny

It's fine, no big deal, I'm sorry that we ended up delaying it. :( The Nightfall rewards patch seems to be For Real, though - we had a Hereafter, a STAG, and a stack of 10 Three of Coins drop.

Poll time: how many people are at the "Kill Atheon" phase of the No Time To Explain quest? I know I am and I think Mechanations is?

Well I was on last night and the next step didn't appear. I'm guessing it'll take a weekly reset before I can do the "Kill Minotaurs" or whatever it is step :(

Also, I'm at the "Essential Elements" step of the exotic sword. Farm a rare planetary material plus 500 solar kills. *barf*

Weird, did you join up with FWC and donate banana bucks?

I'm gonna throw up a VoG for the Atheon kill and maybe Sunless Cell Hard Mode after for anyone else who needs/wants their Exotic Sword. I was trying so hard not to play this week and get through my backlog, too...

Man I don't even know what quests you guys are talking about. All the quests are named in a much too generic way and I can't keep them sorted out. Sometimes I think I'm in lock step with you guys, and sometimes I have no clue.

I would definitely like to do the nightfall strikes and other stuff. Haven't had the opportunity because I wasn't available. If I put myself in as a reserve it's because I can't 100% commit, but would go if I can.

I have to get a bunch of kills with the stupid sword. Man I don't even know what quest steps I'm on anymore. I was invited into a raid by a friend yesterday and they were all "Do you have your 310 artifact? We can get it with [garbled sounds, possibly a different language]."

Looks like I also need to ramp up my Calcified Fragments collection, because I'm about to need 35 of the damn things for the next part of my quest.

...After I find another 450 Hadium Flakes*

*May be grossly exaggerated.

She didn't even ask me for banana bucks!

Edit: You get a 300 artifact for finishing all of the Eris questline, whatever that's called (35 Calcified Fragments not required). Hadium Flakes aren't too bad. Just run some laps in the Mausoleum and open the chests there. Also, if you don't want to schedule something, I'm sure you can just send out a msg asking for help to any folks from here that are online. I've found people are generally willing to help out even on things they've done already.

Man I don't even know what quests you guys are talking about. All the quests are named in a much too generic way and I can't keep them sorted out. Sometimes I think I'm in lock step with you guys, and sometimes I have no clue.

I would definitely like to do the nightfall strikes and other stuff. Haven't had the opportunity because I wasn't available. If I put myself in as a reserve it's because I can't 100% commit, but would go if I can.

I have to get a bunch of kills with the stupid sword. Man I don't even know what quest steps I'm on anymore. I was invited into a raid by a friend yesterday and they were all "Do you have your 310 artifact? We can get it with [garbled sounds, possibly a different language]."

Looks like I also need to ramp up my Calcified Fragments collection, because I'm about to need 35 of the damn things for the next part of my quest.

...After I find another 450 Hadium Flakes

I think you were not part of the last "Hadium Flake Harvest While Talking About Life And Whatever, Brought To You By The Nightstalker Keen Scout Ability And Squarespace" session, and we are probably due for another one of those if other people don't have all three of their swords yet.

Do you need Hadium Flakes outside the sword quest?

I think you were not part of the last "Hadium Flake Harvest While Talking About Life And Whatever, Brought To You By The Nightstalker Keen Scout Ability And Squarespace" session, and we are probably due for another one of those if other people don't have all three of their swords yet.

Hadium Flakes are needed to create the frame for Touch of Malice, then you need 30 to fully upgrade it. You can also use them to buy Mouldering Shards from Eris.

I was definitely part of ONE of those sessions, although perhaps not the most recent. I think that one was brought to me by MeUndies.

Yes, I need Hadium Flakes for what I figured out is that portion of the Touch of Malice quest.

Myself, Mechanations, and remadeking are all signed up for a VoG run tonight to kill the heck out of Atheon and crush an eyeball. Anyone else game?

For the record, HM King's Fall is NUTS. I spent 6 hours on everything through Sister's checkpoint.

Destiny is NUTS. I thought I could go a week without playing and didn't even come close.

Do we want to try to run King's Fall Regular anytime again in the future? It's been two weeks since our last run, so I thought I'd bring it up.

For the record, HM King's Fall is NUTS. I spent 6 hours on everything through Sister's checkpoint.

Yeah it's rough. Got through the warpriest, then we all fell asleep.

I would love to do Regular King's Fall again at some point. Definitely no reason we can't get it down.

Also SCREW calcified fragments. 9 more for ToM? Kiss my ass, Destiny.

Would people be interested in a dead ghost/calcified fragment hunt party some night? I was planning on going through destiny ghost hunter and just trying to get as many as possible. I have all of the vanilla Destiny ones but not all the TTK ones.

Yeah, I was considering the same thing. Could probably do it tonight or tomorrow if you want to set something up. I've been avoiding collecting most of the patrol ones so I could just get them all in one run.

The next several weekends are tied up for me, so although I want to, I probably won't be able to do a weekend King's Fall run for a good while.

I joined the "pal around for fragments" group.

Does anyone have an interest in actually raiding instead, tonight? Reset was this morning, of course.

I beat Hard Mode last night. That whole thing is no joke. For the first two fights, you should really be above 300 if not in the 305-310 range. For the second two fights, you need to be 310+. Also, I'd say Touch of Malice is nearly essential for at least half of a raid team.

Even if you guys don't all have a chance to run a full raid, you could at least run it to an extent to farm items you may need. If I had limited time/trouble getting a group together, I'd run a group with everyone's main accounts and make it to the Totem Checkpoint. From there, everyone switches characters to any raid-ready characters to save the checkpoint (one person just needs to stay in the instance as everyone else switches). Then switch back to main accounts, and Totems -> whatever you can make it through easily. It could just be Totems and Warpriest, or through Golgoroth, or even Daughters. Once you get to that point where you really face a lot of difficulty, switch characters and run it again from Totems to that point.

Loot by boss are -

• Totems - Ghost, Fusion Rifle, Shards
  • Warpriest - Ghost, Fusion Rifle, Sniper Rifle, Machine Gun, Rocket Launcher, Shards
  • Golgoroth - Chest, Gloves, Boots, Fusion Rifle, Shotgun, Sniper, Shards
  • Daughters - Class Item, Shotgun, Shards

If it was me, I'd run Totems -> Golgoroth three times per week. After Golgoroth, proceed to the Exotic chest and then jump out to the next character.

I managed to run most of the raid the other week with dustincase and a few others and got a couple >300 items in addition to my recently obtained exotic sword. That finally pushed me over 300 light and since then I've managed to get 4 or 5 exotics to decrypt at 310 which I've used for infusion pushing my Titan to just shy of 304 light.

At this point I've kind of run out of stuff to do. I have 45 calcified fragments, my only remaining quests are some pvp quests and the last part of the raid quest, and I don't have much reason to run strikes/nightfalls/dailies since there is nothing worth buying with legendary marks any more aside from a few more year 1 exotics I haven't upgraded. The raid is really all that is left and aside from that one run, I haven't seen enough people online when I'm playing to try to set something up.

I really hope there is an injection of more content soon now that hard mode raid is out and the light level cap is higher. What I've done since the release of TTK has been quite a lot of fun but there actually isn't a whole lot there for 3 person fireteams with this expansion. The stuff that is there is very repeatable for awhile but man it sucks to hit that wall where there is almost no point in running any of it any more because it has nothing left to give. A new tier or two of PoE with 300+ item rewards would be a godsend and maybe throwing in a few more remixed strikes that were left behind in year 1 would make the strike playlist a bit more interesting. At first it felt like there was a ton of content in this expansion but looking back I feel like there wasn't all that much and it was just very well disguised by some of the crazy intricate quest lines that take you forever to complete, but still have you repeating content you did in other missions or strikes.

It has been fun and has been worth every penny but I'm not sure if I can bring myself to log on and play any more unless I can find a group of people to raid with or until some more content drops. I do really like this game but oddly, I feel like there is less worthwhile stuff to do now than there was with HoW.