melmer

Destiny

First and foremost, you'll want to join our group on the100. It's how we tend to set up most of our joint play sessions. You create an event (for example, I set one up today for "Misc - 3 Person" for the steps of the quest we're all yammering about), and it'll blast the whole group. People can join up, and it'll update people who've signed up to let them know when/if they have a full team.

Second, you'll want to add everyone on PSN. Most usernames are in signatures or in the Big Thread over in "Multiplayer Networking." Let people know you're from Thumbs so the request doesn't go in the garbage. I'm considering creating a Community on PSN which should also help streamline any setup.

Third, don't be afraid to message people for help on the early missions! The game goes a lot faster and is more fun with friends, and chances are if someone isn't in a fireteam and is just bumming around they'll be happy to help you chew through a few missions.

Fourth, have fun! If you ain't havin' fun, it ain't worth playin'.

Oh my goodness, people in my time zone!!

BadfingerSA is my gamer tag, I'll try and add some folk.

Because I'm That Guy, I got the game last Tuesday and I'm 280+ light right now. I feel like I have a lot of talent/gear/quest leveling left to do, but I'm game to Do Things with buddies.

Oh my goodness, people in my time zone!!

BadfingerSA is my gamer tag, I'll try and add some folk.

Because I'm That Guy, I got the game last Tuesday and I'm 280+ light right now. I feel like I have a lot of talent/gear/quest leveling left to do, but I'm game to Do Things with buddies.

:greatscott:

Can't knock the hustle. Also, what should we call the PSN community? Stick with Wizard Squad if it's available?

Yup, that's how it goes.

This was a damnable lie! I came dead last in 3 consecutive rumble matches and got a whole blue engram for my troubles.

It may be restricted to specific matchlists. I haven't paid attention to it in a while, so I don't remember.

Mayhem Rumble is the weekly playlist, not the daily. With the weekly you have to win to get the marks and you get marks for your first three wins, for up to 30 marks/wk.

Mayhem Rumble is the weekly playlist, not the daily. With the weekly you have to win to get the marks and you get marks for your first three wins, for up to 30 marks/wk.

ooooh i dint know there was a weekly thing and a daily thing. my bad, vulpes absurdia.

I changed the clan/community to Crota Today with the subheading as "Idle Thumbs Destiny Squad" for clarity.

Suggestions for a photo/background-thing?

:greatscott:

To be fair, I did use the Go Directly To Level 25 Do Not Pass Go thingie.

To be fair to my fairness, I did also level my Warlock up past 25 from like level 7 as well. To be fair to everything else, gettin' dat light is just playing the game. I suppose skill can speed you up to a small degree, but it's mostly an Hours Invested equation.

I totally wanted to join you guys yesterday, but Life Stuff happened. Then I figured out what the quest you guys were talking about was. Doing that first part solo is kind of hard! I didn't finish it!

I'd be interested in doing That Raid I see a group scheduled for on Saturday if I have the gear. I think I'll be around (and my GF is working) but I can't 100% commit. I am also a little Light-light (288?) and maybe your group is already filled. But I'm saying words so someone sees them just in case.

e: Crota Today is pretty clutch.

Set up an event tonight for various parts of the Sleeper quest. First Firewall->daily reset wait for anyone who needs that, and then the SABER strike for anyone who's at that point (me, spork, ???). I want to run one final test for the Twitch Stream tomorrow (audio, etc.).

Spork  Korax and I did the Warsats and Archives last night (I had Archives checkpointed at "Dr. Shim! Security protocol breached!" somehow), and it took about 2 hours. We spawned in on a Warsat on the moon, bummed around earth dejectedly, went to Mars and bummed around and got one, went back to Earf and had the last warsat drop on us in Mothyards immediately. It was a good string of luck. Hopefully we can replicate it!

Bungie Clan is here. The PSN community thing is new, wonky, and weird. I'm trying to figure out how to make it easily discoverable without opening it up to Literally Everyone, but I think you can be added by any friend of yours on PSN who's in the clan already.

Spork and I did the Warsats and Archives last night (I had Archives checkpointed at "Dr. Shim! Security protocol breached!" somehow), and it took about 2 hours. We spawned in on a Warsat on the moon, bummed around earth dejectedly, went to Mars and bummed around and got one, went back to Earf and had the last warsat drop on us in Mothyards immediately. It was a good string of luck. Hopefully we can replicate it!

Pretty sure that wasn't me? I was very proud of myself for playing Something That Isn't Destiny last night (Witcher 3). I'm still at the timed mission...gonna try and do that part tonight or tomorrow morning depending on real world plans.

Badfinger, clans are pretty worthless at the moment...there's a good reason the100.io exists.

Pretty sure that wasn't me? I was very proud of myself for playing Something That Isn't Destiny last night (Witcher 3). I'm still at the timed mission...gonna try and do that part tonight or tomorrow morning depending on real world plans.

Badfinger, clans are pretty worthless at the moment...there's a good reason the100.io exists.

Having "Crota Today" next to my gamer tag in matchmaking is like the direct opposite of worthless.

I still think [iDLE] should be the tag, simply because I don't think we can do an equal four-letter for Crota Today (CRTD? CTDY?). I'd be all in on "Crota Today" or something similar being the clan name, though.

Tried bringing my Vita to work to do some basic stuff via remote play during lunch, but the building I work in is some sort of connectivity Bermuda Triangle. It has pockets where cellular/wifi signals just drop, and areas (such as the break room, where I spend said lunch) where the signal can be fine one day and useless the next. It's weird.

So, at maximum, I can get maybe an hour or two to game in a 24 hour period, often no gaming. Lately, MGSV has been taking all of those hours, but all of this talk lately about The Taken King has me a bit tempted. Then Giant Bomb posted an 8 hour video series showing what the game can be like. Thing is, I still like the style, I like Bungie games, I like a lot about it. I put it to you folks: Is it possible to play this game casually, or if I'm going to do this do I need to be able to sit down and play for 8 hours at a time? This is not a luxury my life affords...

As long as you don't count on getting the raid done almost anything can be done in two hours. And honestly if something takes more then an hour you likely just need to come back to it with better gear anyways.

So yeah, you could totally play it casually.