melmer

Destiny

The main reason to go with the PS4 version, in my estimation, is access to this community. Almost everyone here is on PS4, and that gives you a group of very cool people to do raids and stuff with*. If you have a big enough group of friends on Xbox One, or are willing to roll the dice on an LFG situation, that may not be as important to you.

Yeah, this is the one reason I sorta regret only having the Xbox. I'll have to ponder it a bit more I guess, seems like one of those games that just gets immeasurably better when playing with other people.

Yeah I would like to apologize for any aggression it seemed like I was exuding during that first encounter. I wasn't angry at anyone in the group, moreso just that...

Oh, there's nothing to apologize for. To me, the tone was, "OK, we've figured out a little bit, now let's act on it." I don't think anyone was throwing shade on/at anyone else, and I don't think anyone felt criticized.

I was thinking primarily of the section where...

... we had the two teams of three cycling among the three rooms — two people to the wings, one to the center, rotate when the debuff became active — and when I wasn't getting killed by Adepts I was getting killed by Knights, and when I wasn't getting killed by Knights I was rotating out of the wing when it wasn't my turn, or rotating out of the wing a couple seconds too early, or picking up the orb and running away. I mean really.

I think we'll be able to get back to where we quit relatively quickly. 75% of the time spent was figuring out mechanics/tactics or waiting for people to put their soup in the fridge.

I agree with Vulpes wrt schedule: get to Oryx and figure out his mechanics on Saturday night, and if needed use Sunday night to finish things off. I don't want to reserve both my Friday and Saturday nights for video games :P

My guess for what will be the biggest time sink on the re-run?

Watching Mike Danger die in the jumping puzzle

So as it turns out, one of my buddies is getting hitched at the end of the month, and the Bachelor Party is Sunday at 5:00PM, just in time to ruin EVERYTHING. Monday is Columbus/Genocide (take your pick) Day in the States, and most people have it off. How does that pan out for everyone here? Does everyone have that as a holiday?

Alternately, are people willing to just power through this on Saturday? I am sorry to be the New Wrinkle, seems like every weekend something happens for one of us :(

It's a federal holiday, so places like the Post Office & schools are usually closed.

And that's about it :)

I'm fine with trying to knock it out Saturday. If we get to Oryx and start running out of patience, we can always look up some pro reddit strats. At some point ya just gotta get the thing done.

I can do Monday during the day but I do have to work so there'd be a hard limit to how long I could go. Though it sounds like that doesn't really matter anyways.

I mean, I also do not have Columbus Day off, but I would have been willing to put in PTO to get this sucker done if everyone else was Free. POWER THROUGH it is, sorry everyone

I would like to actually join you guys this time if there is a spot open. Last time I overslept because night shift is ruining my life. I can do Saturday or Monday. Sunday is a maybe for me. 

Ok, in the interest of making sense of the last page or so I made a Doodle here. Can everyone click on all the possible start times they'd be up for for the first part (raid start -> Golgoroth)? I'll make a second one later for Golgoroth -> Oryx once we know when we'll have the checkpoint.

Hey y'all, today's Daily Heroic Story/Mission has a Secret Bonus area attached. Seeing as I 1) lust for grimoire, and 2) need to test Twitch streaming before the weekend, I just threw an event up on the100 to do both. I would not be opposed to running it more than once if people want to group up in teams of three for it; the more Twitch Testing I can get in, the better!

Edit: Speculation on the Destiny subreddit is that this will start the chain that leads to the No Time To Explain exotic, so now I am *even more pumped*

I hate to double post, but the Sleeper Simulant quest just got unlocked, and this is SUPER HUGE. It's a bummer it was just outright time-gated as opposed to something else, although I guess "collect the four fusion rifles" sort of counts.

It just shows up as a story mission on Earth. The full Reddit post is here if you want Spoilers, and given how got-dang complex it is, I wouldn't blame anyone for doing so.

So, King's Fall: It looks like most people are available starting at high noon on Saturday (mechanations and drm haven't responded yet) and also have a ton of availability that evening...if anyone is opposed to this, speak now pls:

Raid start -> Golgoroth: 12 PM - 2 PM EST (Not sure how long we'll actually need for this now that we know the

jumping puzzle

pattern, so this might get out earlier than 2)

Golgoroth -> Oryx: 6 PM - ? EST

I hate to double post, but the Sleeper Simulant quest just got unlocked, and this is SUPER HUGE. It's a bummer it was just outright time-gated as opposed to something else, although I guess "collect the four fusion rifles" sort of counts.

It just shows up as a story mission on Earth. The full Reddit post is here if you want Spoilers, and given how got-dang complex it is, I wouldn't blame anyone for doing so.

Yeah I just read about it this morning. Pretty neat! I think I'm ok with the time gating on some of these quests. Unless you are dedicating a LOT of your time to the game, many of these new quests take time to get through, so spreading them out prevents that quest page from becoming too overwhelming. Plus it mixes things up for those super dedicated players who would have otherwise burned through every bit of content in the first week.

I set up a the100 match for this evening to do whatever, so if people want to knock this new thing out then, I'd be game.

Re: the raid time, that sounds fine. Whose friend was it we pulled in last weekend? Wanna try and get him again to replace Mechanations?

I set up a the100 match for this evening to do whatever, so if people want to knock this new thing out then, I'd be game.

Re: the raid time, that sounds fine. Whose friend was it we pulled in last weekend? Wanna try and get him again to replace Mechanations?

I've got other plans tonight, so if I have the mission unlocked I'll probably knock it out via Remote Play during my lunch break (have I mentioned that having a Vita is amazing? y'all should get a Vita). IIRC the other guy was DRM's friend from Gamers With Jobs, and by "IIRC" I mean "that's who it was, because I remember details like that, and not the fastest way to get to the office."

That was my friend Demosthenes and I can see if he wants to show up but I think I'll give other thumbs people a chance to volunteer first. I think someone started an event to do the raid that wasn't in the last group so I feel we should give them a chance before pulling people from outside.

If no one shows up by tomorrow I'll see if he's free though.

As someone who is terrible at pvp, can someone explain how the pvp daily works to me? I just play one match and I get some marks even if I lose? Is that right?

After doing some strikes and Oryx's Court stuff, me and video games did the first Sleeper Simulant quest. It's not all that hard, especially if you have multiple players to alternate supers and wipe out the enemy waves. I put in the codes and unlocked the next mission, which is indeed time-limited, but more interestingly, is restricted to single-player. It's also not hard. I died once when an errant grenade throw didn't take care of a thrall swarm, but did it on the second try:

The second (and final) phase of the quest opened up today. Level 42 SABER strike. It was fun lightning bolting the hell out of knights in the first step. Hopefully none of the later steps are time gated since that gun looks pretty neat-o and I had to get ready for bed time :oldman:

Oh, and we also did a Tier 3 Court of Oryx thanks to some random guy trusting us to be competent. I thought I didn't get the calcified fragment for beating it because I had died and respawned outside the room right as we won, but after checking it looks like only the person that uses the rune gets the fragment. Boo. The fragments I saw everyone else get must have been for the Eris questline.

Apparently completing that strike should drop "Sleeper Simulant Weapon Frame" which you then turn in for Gjallarhorn 2.0.

TIME TO HUSTLE TODAY.

Edit: threw up a 3-person on the100 for anyone who wants to run the rest of the Sleeper quest post-Shadow Call. That's Patrol Nonsense, Archive, and said 42 SABER Strike. I will stay up as late as necessary to get this thing.

Bonus points if anyone else needs to run the Exotic Sword quest!

Hello friends,

I'm an idiot who bought a $400 copy of Destiny (it came with a PS4!) last week, so now this thread is For Me.

How do I Destine with all of you fine folk?