melmer

Destiny

You can get Etheric night from Iron Banner, from PoE (I think level 34?). You can also get it from Trials packages. It also drops from Nightfall sometimes. If you have a piece of Exotic armor, you can also ascend that with an exotic shard if you're willing to scrap another exotic.

EDIT: And I was too slow~

Sorry I couldn't join up last night on that Skolas run, I didn't really have the time/attention for it and I was already doing IB with a team.

No problem. I got another friend of mine to jump in but we were running out of steam so after a few attempts called we it a night. I'm gonna get that fucker this weekend though.

I'm super annoyed because I spent 20 minutes trying to log in to Destiny last night but kept getting the error telling me the Destiny servers were unavailable

I run into this sometimes and I think it has to do with going in and out of suspend mode with Destiny running. The problem is usually fixed by going to the menu, closing the game manually, and restarting it fresh.

Yeah, I get that destiny-servers-unavailable thing as well, and I definitely think it has to do with putting your PS4 in rest mode. I've been using the "restart PS4" option though, have to try just closing Destiny.

I definitely tried completely closing the application and I always close all applications before I put it in rest mode anyways. Next time I guess I'll just try a complete console reboot to see if that helps.

Honestly, Destiny server connectivity can be finnicky as all shit at times so I wouldn't rule out the possibility that you just had bad luck. There are lots of times where various people in my clan's chat complain about not being able to log in despite nobody else experiencing the seeming server issue.

Today, my First World Problem (or Golden Age Problem) is that I got another Matador in the Crucible. After rerolling my first Matador for ages I eventually got it to Accurized Ballistics/Shot Package/Rifled Barrel/Luck in the Chamber. The new one that I got is an incredible roll: Aggressive Ballistics/Shot Package/Rifled Barrel/Final Round. My Golden Age Problem is that Aggressive Ballistics is slightly better than Accurized Ballistics since it gives more impact, but Luck in the Chamber is slightly better than Final Round since LitC can give bonus damage to any shot instead of the last one. I don't know if it's worth levelling the new one and using it instead, or if I should just keep it to reroll in case I maybe get a perfect roll.

It's so hard having all these good shotguns!!!

Use the new one. Aggressive will make every shot better while LitC just makes one shot better* (*timed/earlier).

I just had maybe my best run in PVP today! I won 4 games in a row and in one of them I accounted for over a third of all my teams points, and both teams were relatively good. Feel pretty good about that!

Still need to work on my sniping though.

One of my more enjoyable res snipes on Widow's Court last Sunday -

ak4fdkC.gif

My girlfriend and I got Gjallarhorn and Icebreaker from the Nightfall, respectively. I think that's the luckiest I'm ever going to be.

Threw up an Iron Banner 100 game for tomorrow night, just looking for some people to have fun/chat with rather than "(the silent frustration of watching your matchmade team try to cap the third point)".

Iron Banner aka "Stop capping C"

aka "stop running to B on Asylum from the exact same locations"

aka "seriously stop funneling through the door"

aka "guys SERIOUSLY"

I swear every time I roll Asylum I just sigh and pray we hit B first, and inevitably just watch us get rolled while everyone runs through the same dumb door until inevitably "you've captured C!" "NO" "You've lost C. You've lost A." "WHY"

It is good if you're trying to get the 15 captures. That one usually takes me the second longest to get outside of melee kills. I usually roll with a 6-person fireteam to get myself Hard Forged, Iron Wrath, Chaos and the Calm, and Heavy Metal then I hop into a lobby solo to finish Iron Embrace and Iron Grip. Play that favors melee kills and captures is sloppy play and I have a much easier time doing that with blueberries than a coordinated team.

I think what kills me about rushing that bounty (15 caps) is that you are going to get it over time! Like, if you have time for less than 5 games or something, okay, sure, cap away, but if you're playing Iron Banner for most of the day, you'll hit that with minimal issues. Sit by A/C right at the start, and over the course of the game, you'll probably cap at least one other point once. Even with just those two caps a game, you're gonna hit 15 captures after eight rounds, so unless you really dislike PVP and want those bounties out of the way, there's no reason to play sloppy and rush it.

That said, melee kills are awful to get (especially in the current Shotgun Age) and you've gotta play bad and ruin your k/d to get that at this point.

That said, melee kills are awful to get (especially in the current Shotgun Age) and you've gotta play bad and ruin your k/d to get that at this point.

Titan bubble with Armor of Light! It's the best for quickly racking up melee kills.

I keep having matches where I'm going like 25:5, then the next match I'm like 5:10.

I just don't get it. Are there a lot of pre-made groups in crucible? It could explain why sometimes I always feel like I'm surrounded, while others I feel like I'm in control and know where enemies are/will come from.

Shotguns don't help. Like 80% of my deaths come from shotguns. Man, I need one of those, but I just love sniping so much.

I went ahead and started a 100 event for Iron Banner for Sunday (I'm playing D&D Saturday so I moved it) if anyone can't make it at that time let me know. Also I'm not super worried about winning iron banner so anyone who's at least level 32 is welcome to join, just remember that you can only bank so many loses before you really need to win a match so we may have to get serious once in a while.

I keep having matches where I'm going like 25:5, then the next match I'm like 5:10.

I just don't get it. Are there a lot of pre-made groups in crucible? It could explain why sometimes I always feel like I'm surrounded, while others I feel like I'm in control and know where enemies are/will come from.

Shotguns don't help. Like 80% of my deaths come from shotguns. Man, I need one of those, but I just love sniping so much.

There are a ton of fireteams in Crucible, about 90% of the time I spend in Crucible is with a full party of six. They try to match us against groups of six or bigger groups (like two groups of three, a group of 4 and 2, etc) but it frequently is a mix of people on the other side. It gives us an advantage when it comes to winning as a group, if not necessarily doing well individually.

Shotguns are going to be super effective for at least another month, but probably still quite effective after the patch. It doesn't hurt to get one when you're playing against a team that is wholly convinced that fast and furious, up in your face gameplay is what they want. If you want/need a good shotgun, the New Monarchy one is pretty slick and well worth grabbing.

All-Thumbs Skolas kill successful! (PS: This counts for the "complete a raid with a fireteam that's all clan members" cheevo) Thanks to spork and dj for all their help and a shockingly minimal amount of "taint" jokes.

I think you mean "complete a strike with full fireteam consisting of only your clan members", Strength of the Pack. POEs count as strikes. (I double checked because this would be a great, easy way to get clan raider if it was true >_<)

Also, congrats! Skolas kills feel great.

Almost went Flawless last night in Trials, but one of our members disconnected during our 9th match. We had already used up our Mercy, so we were out of luck. I got an NLB from one of the Trials packages, so that was a nice upside, but the loss was frustrating.

Probably going to try for it again tonight. I've almost finished upgrading The Last Word (just damage left), so I'll give that a spin.

Also, Burning Shrine is a fun map.