melmer

Destiny

Further evidenced by the fact that he never teabags any corpses after his kills. Cause he's planning to eat them and doesn't want to ruin them with his balls.

Thanks for the help with Thorn last night. That strike turned out to be really fun. 

Actually that whole quest line was just great.

This comment, combined with the musical choice and watching Hannibal yesterday, made me imagine Mads Mikkelsen-as-Hannibal Lecter with a glass of wine next to him while headshotting suckers in Trials.

"The Trials passage must be without flaw to travel to the Lighthouse. Tell me, Will, what would it mean to be free of imperfection?"

"I shoot my first opponent twice, and the corrosion rots his body. His partner runs over to revive, and I surgically remove his lungs with two slices of a knife. Over the horizon, I see the third approach. I wait, patiently, until one well-placed shot ends his life. It is finished. I have gone 9 and 0. This is my design."

Nightfall is Taniks with Arc Burn, Juggler and Brawler. Heroic is Archon Priest with Juggler. POE 34 is pretty easy, Urrox with Solar Burn meaning no enemies do extra damage and you can Gjallarhorn/Ice Breaker the guy to dust. 35 is also not too bad, Brawler and Juggler. Also good Helmets from Variks this week, Int/Dis rolls for everyone.

I don't know. His mobility and situational awareness is such that I don't think he's using one, but I could be wrong. When he streams he shows his sensitivity and it's always 3.

Yeah I was just curious. Like I said, it would take nothing away from the dude's skill. The quick sniping is obviously impressive, but his ability to win in 3 vs 1 scenarios is equally so. The video also really makes me want to get Hidden Hand on my Her Benevolence even more. The weapon parts are killing me.

If you have an Eye of Sol or Icebreaker, they are both excellent options for getting a HB-esque experience (EoS for AA, Icebreaker for res-snipes). I run Messenger + Icebreaker like 75% of the time in Trials now for ammo and res-snipe reasons.

As is my tradition, I'm doing all my Nightfalls tonight. I do know that most of you guys play later than me, but if you see me online and want to run a NF let me know. I'd make a post on the100 but I honestly don't know when I'll get started and I'll just do all three of them with whoever is around on my friend's list.

So last weekend we ran Hard Mode VoG, and it ended rather unpleasantly. During the course of that, we discussed the idea of doing some sort of "everybody gets to use relics to get practice" session for both Crota and VoG. A lot of people got good practice in with the relic when we did Normal VoG, but we obviously didn't do the same for Crota.

Would anybody be interested in doing a Relic Tutorial session this weekend? Crota's pretty fast as is, and if we ran normal just so people can get a feel for the mechanics and using the sword (ignoring the life recovery thing would probably be a good choice also) we could probably blast through a couple of runs over the course of two hours. Possibly even less time than that if we had someone get the checkpoint, load everyone else in who needs practice, drop out to keep the checkpoint while the rest of the group downs Crota, repeat. I dunno if that's actually feasible, but that's probably the best way outside "almost kill Crota with the sword, wipe, repeat."

If this is something people are interested in, I'll throw something up on the100. I also want to knock out Hard VoG again, but I'm not gonna make everyone else suffer through that if I'm the only one getting anything out of it (need that Triumph).

EDIT: Obviously, Iron Banner is also running this weekend, and that takes precedence over PvE Raid Goofery. That said, if you're looking for a break this weekend, this might be a fun way to do it. Just a thought!

Yeah, I would be willing to do normal Crota runs as I'm still lacking pretty much all the special weapons from that raid. But this weekend I'll probably be pretty busy with IB and Trials, so I wouldn't really want to commit to doing anything aside from those. I might hop on if you need a seat filled.

Is there any point in running iron banner with my characters who are 29 and 30? I tried one game and got my ass handed to me. Not sure if I was playing bad, or whether the 34s just take more hits to kill and do loads more damage.

It might be frustrating because of the damage scaling like you mentioned, but if you can rank up enough you can get some gear that might help you get at least to 32 (depending on what you need), plus a couple Etheric Lights as well. But your first priority should be your most leveled character, because once you get that one to rank 5, your other characters get a buff to help them rank up faster.

Somehow I've reached a point where I will soon be out of weapon parts. Anyone have any tips for a fast way to acquire weapon parts or is it best to just run the strike playlist repeatedly and break down all the items you pick up?

Make sure that before you break down green/blue weapons, fully upgrade them via bounties. You don't need to buy all the perks or anything, just fill the green experience bar. They yield 1-2 more weapon parts each. Beyond that, yeah any kind of thing that yields a lot of items like strikes would be good.

I have a new rule. PvE in the morning, PvP at night. 

Not only are the most irritatingly good players on at 6am BST, but I just do not have the reaction time when I first wake up to deal with any one.

I came across someone incredibly infuriating. It was a pretty good tactic, but he was a hunter with blink, and would just teleport next to me and shotgun me to the chest. He was even able to blink past my trip mines. 

Nothing I could do about it thanks to a favourable map to wield shotguns (the vex map, I forget what it's called), and my poor luck with finding a shotgun to use.

Had a great time sniping with a rile that has the firefly perk last night. It feels so badass to headshot someone and see them explode, then turn your aim on to their partner and body shot them thanks to the explosion taking down their shield. Obviously it's an incredibly situational perk, but it looks damn cool.

I've taken the plunge and preordered for the ps4, I'm looking forward to finally being able to do a raid and having the menu items load in a reasonable time.

I had some great luck with drops last night. While trying to farm out PoE 28 for the sniper, I actually got another Hopscotch to drop, so now I can safely roll my second one and try to get the "perfect roll". With the weapon update nerfing the stability on Pulse Rifles, it'll be nice to have the upgrades that max out stability.

As I was starting the Nightfall, I joked that this would be the Nightfall that dropped The Last Word for me, and I almost lost my mind when it actually did. I've been leveling it up, and I'm excited to max it out and give it a whirl in PvP, especially with how much handcannons are dominating PvP.

What're your preferred ways to level up guns? I usually throw on bounties and activate a telemetry before turning them in en masse. With Iron Banner going on, thankfully there isn't a shortage of bounties.

Somehow I've reached a point where I will soon be out of weapon parts. Anyone have any tips for a fast way to acquire weapon parts or is it best to just run the strike playlist repeatedly and break down all the items you pick up?

I'm actually at this point now. Someone told me that farming/maxing out your glimmer and then buying a weapons for cheap can be a good way to get some extra parts, but I'm not sure how time-intensive it'd be. But it's an option.

Buying the 7-win Trials gun for 500 glimmer -> ~3 parts is the way that most hardcore people do it.

I sometimes use Crucible to level up guns and armor, but only after I've unlocked the perks that make them good considering damage doesn't matter in regular Control.

Inventory management has turned me into a madman writing insane scribblings -

VpnhyGOl.jpg?1

Yeah, being a PvP scrub, the one of the main reasons I want to do Trials is for weapon parts. What sucks is one of the weeks I got 7 wins, my group then did another run, and I didn't realize the level you can redeem is only based on the most recent ticket you turned in. Our 2nd run was shit so once I turned that one in I lost the ability to buy the gun. Lame.

Had a Skolas run last night with MikeDanger where we got all the way through the final mine round only to lose after one of us died to an add and Skolas came in a meleed us while we tried to get the revive up. Very heartbreaking. That fight is a lot of fun but man is it long. Losing anywhere in the 2nd half is really demoralizing.

I had no idea that was the case, usually because after I have a good run I switch characters to maximize the benefits of my Trials play.

Sorry I couldn't join up last night on that Skolas run, I didn't really have the time/attention for it and I was already doing IB with a team.

I'm super annoyed because I spent 20 minutes trying to log in to Destiny last night but kept getting the error telling me the Destiny servers were unavailable. So that's one Iron Banner night lost. At least Rocket League was able to fill in nicely.

Once I hit max level on either of my characters I'd be up to do some trials! Still struggling to get there though. That 30-34 grind is tough.

What are the best sources for mats to upgrade gear? I don't mean weapon parts etc, I mean the yellow tier mats I think they're called etheric light and something else.

Once I hit max level on either of my characters I'd be up to do some trials! Still struggling to get there though. That 30-34 grind is tough.

What are the best sources for mats to upgrade gear? I don't mean weapon parts etc, I mean the yellow tier mats I think they're called etheric light and something else.

Level 34 Prison of Elders - 1 Etheric Light per character per week

Level 35 Prison of Elders - 1 Etheric Light per character per week

Trials of Osiris - 3 Etheric Light per character per week (6 wins, 8 wins, flawless)

Nightfall - 1 chance at 1 Etheric Light per character per week

Iron Banner - 2 Etheric Light per character per event (rank 3, rank 5 - 5000 glimmer each)

Also, armor that comes from Armor Cores (32 POE, 35 POE) grant 42 light level gear. All exotic armor are also 42 light level (some must be ascended with exotic shards to full light level).