melmer

Destiny

If we have access to all of our weapons/Brawler, we can clear ads faster and self-res should hopefully be unnecessary. It might even be worth it to take Radiant Skin so you can tank a mine cap. If we're all running Light Beyond Nemesis/Alpha Lupi, we should be able to produce plenty of orbs for each other. Also, with Lightswitch off we can melee to trigger Flame Shield/Force Barrier for extra tankiness.

Basically, the modifier roll was really what screwed us and I'm pretty confident that we can do it this week.

This kind of strategy talk fills me with satisfaction.  Do you guys have room for a casual player who's sitting at 30 Light because I haven't played more than 2 evenings since a week after The Dark Below launched? Would love to see Crota and do some PoE.

Eurogamer put out a preview for TTK - http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-30-the-taken-king-is-the-expansion-destiny-has-been-waiting-for

TLDR: all Taken enemies have new abilities, new Patrol area, new Patrol missions for all areas, skippable cutscenes, more Dinklebot dialogue, more direct storytelling, Zavala/Eris Morn are the Petra/Variks-esque main NPCs

This kind of strategy talk fills me with satisfaction.  Do you guys have room for a casual player who's sitting at 30 Light because I haven't played more than 2 evenings since a week after The Dark Below launched? Would love to see Crota and do some PoE.

We've kinda been vaguely planning a Crota run, we would have done it last weekend but we didn't have enough people show up that had CE so we did VOG HM. I'm sure that some of us are still looking forward to playing Crota together, I don't see why you wouldn't be welcome. And if you add me, I'd be perfectly willing to run POE with you though 32 would be pretty tough at LL30. That said, if you have any Vanguard/Crucible marks rolling around you'd quickly level up by buying vendor gear. This week is a good week to start playing again if you enjoy Crucible at all, Iron Banner is currently going and the rewards are pretty solid.

Haha, that's great. I actually noticed that they don't force you to watch the end-game cinematic anymore when you run the Black Garden quest (it was the Daily Heroic last week), which shows that they're moving in the right direction.

There's definitely room for casual players. I personally find it fun to teach the raid mechanics to new people and anyway most players don't have all the weapon drops from the raids, so there's always some incentive (plus everyone from here has been super cool and it's always fun to shoot stuff with them).

Like Jon said, once you can load up on vendor gear you'll jump up to LL32 and be good for the PoE. And there's always the level 28 one, though the rewards are less and won't help you get to LL34.

Totally pumped for TTK. I'm really curious how they handle weapon upgrades for it. Will the current ones be able to be upgraded again? Etheric Light very conspicuously mentions upgrading damage to "Year 1" levels and I'm sure there are some guns they'd love to leave behind.

I'm a fairly casual player myself and really only play on the weekends so feel free to send me an invite anytime you see me on osmosisch. I'm more then happy to help you out with whatever you need.

skippable cutscenes

YESSSSS

Also, hit vanguard rank 2 yesterday evening while popping on to do some bounties before bed, bought a chest thing and am now level 30. This goes really fast! My weapons are starting to feel a bit anemic though.

@Vulpes, I'll be sure to do so :)

Also, hit vanguard rank 2 yesterday evening while popping on to do some bounties before bed, bought a chest thing and am now level 30. This goes really fast! My weapons are starting to feel a bit anemic though.

Once you're at a higher level (I don't know what level it is, but I'm pretty sure 30 qualifies) the Strike and Crucible playlists will have a chance of dropping Exotic and Legendary weapons. Also, the vendors do sell weapons as well though for quite a bit more marks than the armor.

Vasari - I saw you joined the POE session on the100 but then backed out. Is some other day/time better for you?

Once you're at a higher level (I don't know what level it is, but I'm pretty sure 30 qualifies) the Strike and Crucible playlists will have a chance of dropping Exotic and Legendary weapons. Also, the vendors do sell weapons as well though for quite a bit more marks than the armor.

Vasari - I saw you joined the POE session on the100 but then backed out. Is some other day/time better for you?

It's 2PM and I'm awake so I'm getting my regular sleep pattern back. I'm having an early night tonight so I won't be around late enough to play (It'd be 1:30AM in my timezone). I could do another day this week but I don't know if it's possible for you two to start earlier. Feel free to get someone else if that's easiest.

I have the day off tomorrow and of course the weekend. I can play just about any time during the day here (afternoon/night for you) as long as I know about it ahead of time. I'd actually like to cancel tonight, as I'm going out for drinks after work and will probably not be playing at the top of my game as a result.

Haha, it's settled then! We'll go on friday, at least 2-3 hours earlier would be ideal.

I rescheduled it for 3:30pm eastern, which I guess is 8:30pm for you Vasari. Figured that way it should be relatively clear of dinner time in both timezones.

By the way, with Iron Banner running, if anyone sees me on and playing that, feel free to join in. Always more fun with a group.

Turns out someone has figured out how the Red Bull codes are generated, it's incredibly easy to make up your own. I'll put it in spoilers since it's possible that any code you type in is one that would be printed on a can somewhere. I doubt they'd ban people for this but do it at your own risk anyway.

Codes have to be 7 characters long, with 5 numbers and 2 letters. The only numbers you can use are 3, 4 and 7, and the only letters you can use are X, C and K.

So something like 437X43C or 333CC44 would work. Make up your own combination and type it in to http://quest.redbull.com/us/en/claim

Good news for anyone outside the US and Canada too, since we can't get codes over here.

IGN has some weird Destiny news today, apparently David Cross was hired to punch up the Ghost's dialogue in Destiny, and none of what we wrote was used.

"Brian Posehn and I got asked and jumped at the chance," he explained. "We were flown up to Bellevue, Washington to do a punch-up on the Ghost character in Destiny about a year ago. We were both very excited about it. They did not use a single, solitary thing that we wrote, which is a shame because we wrote some stuff that – you know, we’re gamers, and they… – I would imagine somebody somewhere said, 'We can’t inject this levity or humour into it.'

"But it’s a shame because I’ve played Destiny quite a bit. I haven’t played since I’ve been over here and working on Bob and David, but you know when it came out I was way into it and way excited about it, and when you’re at an hour 20 of that thing, it’s like the Ghost is kind of monotone saying this thing, 'We must get over the ridge. That’s the cabal – we’ve got to defeat him.' Whatever, it’s boring as sh*t, and I speak for myself and Brian, and I know thousands if not millions of other gamers would be like 'It would be nice to have a joke or something in there.' You think we’re going to f*ck with the tone? But it was very exciting to go up there and get paid to play a video game a year before it came out."

As for the approach that they took to the dialogue, Cross said "Some of it was self-reverential. And it was just stuff that was making us laugh. We were in a room, we’d play a lot, and some of it was winking to gamers. I truly don’t remember any of it. They were just sort of riffy one-liners that Brian and I were coming up with... And a lot of them – we were there for a couple of days so we offered a bunch of stuff up."

Wow, that's impressive. What sniper rifle/perks are you using? I just tried sniping in the Crucible for the first time today. It didn't look anything like that.

Her Benevolence - Longview, Hidden Hand, Injection Mold, Unflinching.

Her Benevolence has one of the best AA in the class, plus high enough impact to snipe through revive overshields, Radiant Skin Sunsingers, etc. Longview and Hidden Hand add more AA while Injection Mold and Unflinching add more Stability.