melmer

Destiny

Very slick! Also keep in mind that you could potentially do a Judgment's Chance with your Armor Core and Weapon Core for a random roll at an armor or weapon. Can always run 32 POE without an insane amount of trouble when you need it.

Now I want to do POE 34 on all my characters, totally didn't know it was still that boss. He's definitely one of the better ones to go against (aka he's basically the only one I don't hate fighting). I won't be around tonight, but if anyone wants to attempt it tomorrow night before reset I'd be down.

I got Hawkmoon out of my very first POE treasure chest, it was awesome. I'm not really sure where my upgrade path is - I've still got some last-expansion boots that I can replace, but that won't get me to 33. I've already fully upgraded my Exotic helmet, so I guess I'm just gonna be running Vanguard Dragon until I get those boots and then... Prison? I genuinely don't know.

Two 42 light and two 36 light will get you to 33. You can get your second from POE32, which would give you a chest this week (this one is pretty good, bonuses for Fallen POE rounds which will eventually help with Skolas). You could try running POE 34 with two 34s like Zeus did for an Etheric. You can also get Etheric from Nightfalls or Trials of Osiris (6 wins, 8 wins, flawless). The easiest possible way is to just repeatedly get Armor Cores from POE32.

Also, I got my second flawless from ToO this week! This map is really nice for various playstyles and it's actually a fairly balanced map (symmetrical). The key is to almost never go inside the building, always go outside to where the final point is. You have way more sightlines for sniping, which is really solid on this map. Shotguns are not as great, but okay if you push that point and let them come to you. In the worse case you can just hold the point for 2 minutes. I actually won two rounds by both teams being reduced to one guy, one guy going for the revives and me going for the capture for an easy win.

OK, so I ended up randomly buying this when I was up sick and judgement-impaired. I've since hit 20 on a warlock, gotten all blue gear plus on epurple glove thingy putting me at 26, and now am kind of wondering what to do. The random strike playlist is holding my interest for now but I can see that getting old soonish. Any EU thumbs want to take me under their wing? PSN ID is osmotich.

e: I don't anticipate getting into pvp at all, my connection's shitty and playing FPS with a controller is aggravating enough versus dumb AI.

I started playing this the other day and it was pretty fun, but it's really just awoken my desire for large-scale sci-fi chaos. As PlanetSide 2 has just hit PS4 I've given it a go and while ropey as hell, the craziness of it all is excellent.

I really hope that Battlefront delivers what I'm truly craving, but this might do for a bit. Just having actual bases to fight to the death for with hundreds of people is great, no storyline nonsense needed.

OK, so I ended up randomly buying this when I was up sick and judgement-impaired. I've since hit 20 on a warlock, gotten all blue gear plus on epurple glove thingy putting me at 26, and now am kind of wondering what to do. The random strike playlist is holding my interest for now but I can see that getting old soonish. Any EU thumbs want to take me under their wing? PSN ID is osmotich.

e: I don't anticipate getting into pvp at all, my connection's shitty and playing FPS with a controller is aggravating enough versus dumb AI.

Welcome! 

The easiest way to get gear from where you are is to level up either your Crucible (PVP) or Vanguard (Strikes) reputation to level 2. At that point you can spend Crucible/Vanguard marks to buy gear from certain vendors in the Tower. You can also get that rep to level 3 if you want to buy weapons. Additionally, there's a vendor called Xur who shows up at 9AM GMT on Friday and leaves the same time on Sunday. He sells exotic gear for strange coins, which you get from engrams and completing the Weekly Heroic. If you get the exotic he sells this coming weekend, and three pieces of Vanguard gear, that'll put you right up to level 32. At 32, you can do the highest level Weekly Heroic and the Weekly Nightfall. The Nightfall doesn't have matchmaking, so you'll need to find a group here or on destinylfg.net. You'll also be high enough level to do the first raid, which is still the most fun part of the game.

If you want any content beyond that, you'll need to buy the DLC. The Dark Below has a couple of dull story missions and a new raid, and House of Wolves has a pretty good story campaign and an "arena" called the Prison of Elders which is good fun. You can start doing that at level 28.

I've sent you an invite if you want to play sometime, I'm Wracketeer on PSN.

Thanks a bunch, that's very helpful :)

I've got both DLCs, there was an offer for the base game plus both of those.

You're also welcome to join the100.io group if you need to find people to play endgame content with. I think most people in there are willing to bring newbies through the raids and it's always been a lot of fun. Most of us are in the US, but there's always the weekends :)

Last night Joncole, Vasari, and I made a go of lvl35 Prison of Elders after cruising through lvl34. It was a lot of fun, but the final boss was a motherfucker because it had the Small Arms modifier was on, which basically nerfed our heavy weapons. I think we could have done it given enough time, but it just got too late for us. Mechanically it's pretty intense...the second half of the fight basically has a hot potato component where you have to pass an item between the three teammates every 30 seconds all while running around disabling a couple rounds of mines that spawn. It looks like Skolas is Brawler and Juggler this week. I'm ready to Gjallarhorn the hell out of that guy.

Yeah, the problem was that as soon as the mine dismantling happened we'd make a mad rush towards the mine but there were a few guys standing on it. With Small Arms, my 365 Found Verdict might have taken out a single guy standing on the capture point but not three. With Lightswitch, all it took was one enemy standing to melee me to death in about a second.

That said, I think that Small Arms is a cute, interesting way to teach the Skolas fight. This week will indeed probably be easier, but Small Arms kinda forces you to trudge through each phase of the fight to actually learn everything. I also think it might be a decent idea for me to do the fight as my Defender next time around, the bubble + Blessing of Light might make the mine dismantling doable. If we roll with the same team, might be good for Vasari to go Bladedancer so he can invis revive/cap points.

Yeah a bubble would be great especially on that center mine where we're so exposed. Like you said, Lightswitch really made standing in the open there next to impossible and not having good rocket launchers that could clear out the area didn't help. Maybe we should have been more aggressive with our supers? It's tough to risk losing your self-res, but if we take out enough guys we should be able to generate enough bubbles to feed each other. Anyway, I agree that it was an interesting modifier set for the fight...even though we couldn't get through it I had a lot of fun. Mechanically that fight rivals either of the raid boss encounters in terms of complexity and teamwork required.

I'm free Thursday night (or tentatively any time over the long weekend)...might try and set up Skolas Fight 2.0 for that night if you two are both free.

If we have access to all of our weapons/Brawler, we can clear ads faster and self-res should hopefully be unnecessary. It might even be worth it to take Radiant Skin so you can tank a mine cap. If we're all running Light Beyond Nemesis/Alpha Lupi, we should be able to produce plenty of orbs for each other. Also, with Lightswitch off we can melee to trigger Flame Shield/Force Barrier for extra tankiness.

Basically, the modifier roll was really what screwed us and I'm pretty confident that we can do it this week.

I'll need to think about what Sunsinger combo would work best for total melee dominance in that fight. Do Radiant Skin and Flame Shield stack? Radiant Will or Viking Funeral? Brimstone would be fun if the enemies are close enough together.

Viking Funeral isn't really worth taking if you don't also have Ignite. If you're running Skin, you should probably also take Will. I don't think Flame Shield stacks, there's only one layer of overshield.

You're also welcome to join the100.io group if you need to find people to play endgame content with. I think most people in there are willing to bring newbies through the raids and it's always been a lot of fun. Most of us are in the US, but there's always the weekends :)

Sounds interesting, how would I do that? I didn't see a link to something in the last page or so but I could just be blind.

Viking Funeral isn't really worth taking if you don't also have Ignite. If you're running Skin, you should probably also take Will. I don't think Flame Shield stacks, there's only one layer of overshield.

Well, Scorch triggers Ignite doesn't it? Radiant Will is probably still better though. What I need is to max out my Heart of Praxic Fire so I can really go crazy with my grenade/melee.

Just got a Reign of Terror in Iron Banner (15 kills in one life). The other team just kept floating in to the B capture point at Twilight Gap. It was like shooting clay pigeons. I might cry when Thorn finally gets nerfed. 

Looking for one more person to help me kill Xyor tonight (9:30 PM EST). We can run Nightfall or something afterwards if you feel like spending the evening with Phogoth :P

We can probably do it with two, we're pretty overleveled for it. If need be, I can ask someone from my clan to join us.

Update: now at level 28, woot. Second purple thingy with a roman II on it as a random strike reward :woohoo:

The Roman II on it just means that it's an item that came out with the latest expansion. Doesn't require the deprecated upgrade materials.

Also, level 28 means you can do VOG Normal Mode. We should do that sometime!

We can probably do it with two, we're pretty overleveled for it. If need be, I can ask someone from my clan to join us.

:tup:  :tup:

Eurogamer put out a preview for TTK - http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-30-the-taken-king-is-the-expansion-destiny-has-been-waiting-for

TLDR: all Taken enemies have new abilities, new Patrol area, new Patrol missions for all areas, skippable cutscenes, more Dinklebot dialogue, more direct storytelling, Zavala/Eris Morn are the Petra/Variks-esque main NPCs

more Dinklebot dialogue

They're being pretty cagey about this. They've said the Ghost will have more dialogue, but they've dodged any questions about Peter Dinklage and VO in general. There was a brief interview at E3 with Zach Braff (Who's apparently a huge fan) and he outright said "Peter Dinklage isn't coming back, I want to do the Ghost voice!" I wonder if they're having trouble signing him? I wouldn't be surprised after all the jokes about his performance.