melmer

Destiny

I'm totally not outraged at all about anything Destiny related. It's been interesting to see the love/hate relationships people have with the game and how that's developed over the last year but I feel like I've more than gotten my money's worth out of this game and the two DLC's I've purchased. I've spent more money for far less content in other games and I bet a lot of other people have too so it's kind of weird that people get so riled up about this one. Then again I never paid much attention to the game before I got it so I never had to deal with any broken promises or mis-aligned expectations.

If the new DLC seems to have enough content to justify $40 then I'll get it and probably enjoy my time with it. I don't care about emoticons or any other junk in the collectors edition so there's nothing for me to get too upset about.

While they're being a bit coy about it, the new DLC seems to include at least one new patrol zone, a new "campaign" which I think means it will be closer in scope to what we got in the main game than the other expansions, a new raid, more than one new strike, a capture the flag mode, and new subclasses (that look awesome). People are angry why? Not from a potential dearth of content, but because if they want these cosmetic items they have to spend an extra $40. This isn't an exclusive gun or something that matters...it's literal dance moves that should be looked at as bonuses for new players (the only people who rationally should be buying the full edition). These people grumbling should just come to terms with the fact that their collect 'em all lust won't always be satisfied and just buy the expansion on its own, which they almost all will.

1108-boycott-call-of-duty.jpg

Besides, the real shit move, and this isn't exclusive to Destiny, is that while the expansion costs $40 here in the US, it's £40 in the UK. That is lame.

I was using that same image yesterday to settle some pro-boycott arguments (or in greater likelihood, piss off the people I was arguing with more).

I updated my PvP Reforge guide with Scout Rifles, Hand Cannons, and Fusion Rifles. Still need to do Machine Guns everything, including Auto Rifles. Totally BSed them, they're so rarely used due to them being shit in the current meta that I just guessed at what might be good. I think the hardest part of doing this is finding out where to get the weapons, wikis are surprisingly oblique about where you get certain things (random Crucible drop, random Strike drop, vendor, POE Chest, ???????).

Had a good time running NFs last night with Cussed and Mecha. We need to run some more POE32 to everyone leveled up, I'd really like to get some POE34 going but we just don't have many 34's here at the moment.

Had a good time running NFs last night with Cussed and Mecha. We need to run some more POE32 to everyone leveled up, I'd really like to get some POE34 going but we just don't have many 34's here at the moment.

Yeah, it was good times. And I ended up with a not-well-earned piece of etheric light.

I'm certainly interested in running PoE. I haven't even run 28 yet, so I'll need to get that out of the way before I can do anything else. Maybe I'll set something up on the100.

Besides, the real shit move, and this isn't exclusive to Destiny, is that while the expansion costs $40 here in the US, it's £40 in the UK. That is lame.

This is what really gets me. £40 is alot of money to pay for an expansion. Destiny has always had a problem where its DLC is more expensive than other games and arguably doesn't have the content to justify it. I'm not boycotting anything, I'm getting the DLC because I do really want to play it, but I'm sitting here agonising over spending £40 while someone from Bungie proudly insists I'd pay £80 if I saw my character doing the macarena.

I was using that same image yesterday to settle some pro-boycott arguments (or in greater likelihood, piss off the people I was arguing with more).

I updated my PvP Reforge guide with Scout Rifles, Hand Cannons, and Fusion Rifles. Still need to do Machine Guns. I think the hardest part of doing this is finding out where to get the weapons, wikis are surprisingly oblique about where you get certain things (random Crucible drop, random Strike drop, vendor, POE Chest, ???????).

This Friday and Saturday the wife and kids are out of town so I'll have lots of availability. Still only level 33 though.

How much does a new release typically cost in the UK?

And if anyone wants to schedule some PoE runs tonight I'd join in. I made a game on the100 (which you need to join, Zeus) for Nightfall + PoE but I forgot to set it to private so some random players filled it up...I can make that one Nightfall only and do PoE with people here.

How much does a new release typically cost in the UK?

And if anyone wants to schedule some PoE runs tonight I'd join in. I made a game on the100 (which you need to join, Zeus) for Nightfall + PoE but I forgot to set it to private so some random players filled it up...I can make that one Nightfall only and do PoE with people here.

To use Arkham Knight as an example, new console versions on amazon are £40, the PC version is £35.

Oh yeah, I guess I should have mentioned that. You should definitely set events to group only, I did the exact same thing and a rando joined. I kicked them (despite warnings from the100 that kicking people for 'no reason' might get me in hot water) and it worked out, but everything going forward I'll make sure to do right.

Also, I don't really need to run POE 32's but I'm happy to help fill a seat if needed. I'll probably abstain from joining any sub-34 POEs until the last moment to make sure people who need it run it first. I'll eventually want armor cores for my nascent Hunter, but it's not really a priority over getting Etheric Light at every opportunity.

Also also, do we want to try Crota's End this weekend? I've run it a handful of times now that I'd be happy to sherpa a little bit for anyone new. Still have never tried Swordbearing, but would be happy to give it a shot. We could also do VOG HM, which isn't terribly harder than regular mode now that most people are overleveled for it.

I joined the group. 

I would love to do Crota's End and VOG HM this weekend. Have yet to do either of those.

I'm down for either one just pick a time on the weekend (preferably Saturday as I'd like to dig up some people for ToO on Sunday but I'm fine with either) and set an event and I'll be there.

To use Arkham Knight as an example, new console versions on amazon are £40, the PC version is £35.

I think Fallout 4 is also likely to be £40. To be more direct, £40 is about $65, so realize the collector's version is over $120

I drew this shitty diagram to depict Trials (or Skirmish, I guess) strategy for a reddit comment, worked on it hard enough that I feel I should share here -

u0PdMKx.png

Ah, it's all good man. You're definitely not the only one. Maybe we can fit some rounds in tomorrow after Crota or something. 

Just to let people know I may end up being late or a no show to the raid today. Feel free to start with out me, but I'll try to make it.

Well, that sure was an experience. We ended up doing VOG HM because we didn't have enough people for Crota. It's been quite a while since it took me 2.5 hours to run a raid.  :violin:

Sorry about the guy I brought in, if he had offered to help rather than just joining up I would have said no. He's in the clan I'm in so I can't really unfriend him, but god is he the fucking worst (person, he's half decent at the game but also he thinks he's better than he is). Also, that was the first time I ran relic on templar (I think I did okay?), first time I ran relic on Atheon (I think I did okay there too?) and RNGesus was weirdly generous but in the worst way because I got my second Mythoclast, second Found Verdict, and second Aspect of Glass. At least I got a nice little class item, though. And it's always good playing with you guys.

Is Zasa someone from the Thumbs forums or is he just in the clan?

Zasa is my friend and he plays pretty regularly with a few of us so I invited him to join the Idle Thumbs clan. He's a cool guy.

Sorry if I sucked a little through parts of that. It didn't help having that guy berating me and referring to me as a kid even though he was fucking up just as often as anyone else. It was fun and I'm stoked to have gotten some great drops but damn that guy was an ass. Thankfully the rest of you guys were awesome as always.

Yeah that guy was a bit of a know-it-all (I'm still sure Fatebringer doesn't drop on normal)...no worries though. I still thought it was pretty fun. We were just a bit careless on the Templar, and people dying in hard mode can really punish you. And Atheon only took a few goes, which considering several people weren't super familiar with it, wasn't too bad (I was totally holding down the button for the shield that one time btw :P).

I'll try rescheduling that NM Crota run at some point, though I'm hesitant to do it on a weekday with the spread of timezones we have and next weekend is a holiday so people may be busy.

Yeah that guy was a bit of a know-it-all (I'm still sure Fatebringer doesn't drop on normal)...no worries though. I still thought it was pretty fun. We were just a bit careless on the Templar, and people dying in hard mode can really punish you. And Atheon only took a few goes, which considering several people weren't super familiar with it, wasn't too bad (I was totally holding down the button for the shield that one time btw :P).

I'll try rescheduling that NM Crota run at some point, though I'm hesitant to do it on a weekday with the spread of timezones we have and next weekend is a holiday so people may be busy.

Fatebringer definitely doesn't drop on normal. As a rule, primary weapons only drop from raids on hard mode. That guy was talking out his arse.

Sorry I wasn't around to save you plight the plight of that weirdo. But on the plus side I had a very nice lunch so I'm gonna call this one a wash. ;)

Also I'll be sure to show up next time, if it was up to me I wouldn't have canceled. But I'm free tomorrow I've someone wants to do something.

Me, Cussedcayuse and Zasa had a pretty epic run last night that went into the wee hours of the morning. First, after a couple failed attempts the previous night we gave the Nightfall another go and managed to very narrowly squeak out a victory. We were on the final boss just trying to pop bubbles and burn him as fast as we could. Me and Cussed both went down as the boss was near death and then Zasa went down a few seconds later but somehow miraculously got the killing blow at the last second, giving us the victory before it could reset.

Then we decided to take our first ever stab at level 34 prison of elders. We were a little handicapped because I was only 33 but we blasted through the first three rounds without issue regardless. Round 4 though was a real pain in the ass and I think it took us about a solid two hours to finally get through it. By then we had our shit down really well and took out the final boss on our second attempt. He had a pretty cool mechanic where every couple minutes the floor would go hot lava and we had to stay off the ground. It wasn't too bad though and we were able to juggle our supers pretty effectively to get through it. I'm so stoked to have finally gotten some etheric light. Now I just need to wait for either gloves or boots to show up for house of judgment and I can use an armor core and my etheric light to hit 34.