melmer

Destiny

Congrats on the Etheric! Totally empathize with feeling precious about my first. I'd definitely use it on armor if you aren't level 34 yet, make sure you've got armor you'll be happy with for a while (the right specs, perks) before you ascend it. I stupidly decided to ascend some random merchant boots, when instead I should have saved it for a pair of Raid boots with the heavy weapon ammo perk. Once you hit level 34, your potential for earning more Light increases.

Really sorry to hear about the POE 32 disconnect, I hear of that happening to people all the time. I wish that they would just implement a proper checkpoint system for it, maybe not the regular one for PvE/raids but one that could be similar to the Trials passage or something. Complete each round and the boss, turn in the POE passage to Variks for the reward.

That was me, not Vulpes!  :zoid: The "Marked for Annihilation" mechanic was really fun to figure out, but calling it quits sucked so very hard.

I hit rank 3 in Iron Banner tonight, and finally got a piece of Etheric Light. Only now I'm being all precious deciding what to apply it to. 

Oh man, I'm sorry. Both of you guys have different user names on PSN than here and I have a hard time keeping those straight. My apologies.

I also finally got my first etheric light and hit level 33.

So, I've recently picked up on a good habit while playing Destiny. Basically, use the party system as a status indicator. If you log on and want to play with other people, create a party and change the name of the party from "Jonac13's Party" or whatever to "POE32 or NF". That way, you've already made the party and if anyone logs in and is looking for something to do they can just join up on you without having to exchange messages beforehand.

I saw mention on twitter that Bungie's E3 announcement will be that The Taken King is launching September 15th. Each class is going to get a new subclass that uses the element they don't already have (Void for Hunters etc.)

The tweet was pulled down rather suddenly, which is usually a good sign that someone didn't want it to be seen. The stuff about the new subclasses matches what was hinted at in previous leaks as well.

So, I've recently picked up on a good habit while playing Destiny. Basically, use the party system as a status indicator. If you log on and want to play with other people, create a party and change the name of the party from "Jonac13's Party" or whatever to "POE32 or NF". That way, you've already made the party and if anyone logs in and is looking for something to do they can just join up on you without having to exchange messages beforehand.

That is a Good Idea. Hooray for using ingenuity to overcome glaring in-game shortcomings.

I'm doing the "Use void damage in Crucible" part of the Thorn bounty, and it's making me play like an asshole. 

Anyone up for a NF? CussedCayuse and I need a third.

NF went great! Cussed got an Obsidian Mind as reward, which is always nice. Then we ran the 32 POE and a couple armor cores, which I think should bring him to L33. Overall a productive night.

Anyone up for a NF? CussedCayuse and I need a third.

NF went great! Cussed got an Obsidian Mind as reward, which is always nice. Then we ran the 32 POE and a couple armor cores, which I think should bring him to L33. Overall a productive night.

Yup, level 33. Could probably be 34 if I wanted to spend the two Etheric Light I'm sitting on, but I want to try for some better gear first. Maybe I'll just end up scoring some 42 gear through PoE or ToO. Then I can apply it to weapons. 

I'm doing the "Use void damage in Crucible" part of the Thorn bounty, and it's making me play like an asshole.

I've been sitting on the final stage of that bounty for a couple weeks. If you want some help taking down Xyor, let me know.

I've been sitting on the final stage of that bounty for a couple weeks. If you want some help taking down Xyor, let me know.

Sure. I'm at that point now. 

Maybe I'll put in an effort to finish the void kills portion of my Thorn bounty so I can join you guys. Xyor should be easy if everyone is 32+.

Well Mech said he can't play tonight. But yeah, generally midnight is pretty late for me to be starting anything. It could maybe fly on a Friday or during the weekend.

I doubt I'll have my Thorn void kills bounty done by this weekend anyways, so Mo/Tu sounds alright by me. Also, even if I do complete my bounty by then I'd always be willing to run that Strike.

Ran VoG HM last night and got a Fatebringer. I'm so stoked.

Congrats! Best PvE handcannon in the game, bar none. I ran a HM Crota raid the other day with an ascended one, and in the lamp section a headshot into a pack of thralls would kill every one of them (side rant: I got zero weapon drops from that raid :()

I doubt I'll have my Thorn void kills bounty done by this weekend anyways, so Mo/Tu sounds alright by me. Also, even if I do complete my bounty by then I'd always be willing to run that Strike.

Monday or Tuesday night works for me. How about 9p ET Monday? And if anyone has any weekly stuff to clean up then, I'd be happy to tag along.

If you play ToO, you should grab the Light Beyond Nemesis from Xur this weekend. It allows you to revive and be revived faster, so with two of those on a team, everybody is covered for speedy resurrection.

Monday or Tuesday night works for me. How about 9p ET Monday? And if anyone has any weekly stuff to clean up then, I'd be happy to tag along.

Sorry I couldn't join you guys, I was having really bad luck in Trials during the weekend and finally picked up a good team earlier tonight that ran long since we did well. 8 wins! 2 Etheric Light! The Scholar! Whoo!

Sorry I couldn't join you guys, I was having really bad luck in Trials during the weekend and finally picked up a good team earlier tonight that ran long since we did well. 8 wins! 2 Etheric Light! The Scholar! Whoo!

No problem at all. Cussed and another Thumb and I ran Xyor, the Nightfall, and the weekly. Nightfall was a little bumpy, thanks to some pesky captains and my poorly timed bubble shields. No great drops, but it was good fun.

I don't know what the Scholar is but yay! (And do you really use Bad Juju regularly?)