melmer

Destiny

Plus, if you need to upgrade your gloves I think the Iron Banner gear maxes at 36 before ascension.

All the new purple armor are 36 light right out of the gate, no more armor bubbles (thank god), so it's really just a matter of finding pieces that have stats you like and/or looks the coolest. Getting a full 36 light set is just a matter of accumulating enough marks. Get two 42 light pieces in there and you're at level 33.

I played Trials at level 33 and there were a few times where a grenade didn't kill when it would have otherwise or it took a bit too long to down someone, but I agree that once you're at 33, strategy/coordination is the key.

Pure strength helm + Pulse Rifle with Shank Burn from Variks. He really is a piece of garbage.

New update is rolling out, TLDR on the post is that you only get one ether key use per chest spawn (no more Sparrow racing), first Queen's Bounty completed every week yields a Treasure Key, and Treasure Keys drop way more from Ether Chests and Small Chests at the end of POE. Also, your inventory is being spared a little more because ammo synths stack to 100 now and the HoJ tokens can be dismantled for HoJ rep.

One of the Queen's Wrath bounties this week actually sends you to a new mission. It's a short one that starts you in the Phogoth room in the Hellmouth, but it's cool to see them do new stuff like this.

That's pretty interesting, I'm eager to check it out if only briefly.

Anyone interested in running the Nightfall tonight? I'll be on around 6PM Eastern, willing to wait for any interested Thumbs but otherwise I'll LFG.

New update is rolling out, TLDR on the post is that you only get one ether key use per chest spawn (no more Sparrow racing), first Queen's Bounty completed every week yields a Treasure Key, and Treasure Keys drop way more from Ether Chests and Small Chests at the end of POE. Also, your inventory is being spared a little more because ammo synths stack to 100 now and the HoJ tokens can be dismantled for HoJ rep.

Welcome changes all. I'd taken to using special weapons as much as possible just to clear out some of the syntheses I had stocked up. And I didn't particularly enjoy racing the clock while trying to open chests more than once (though of course I did it anyway). This patch essentially guarantees one PoE big chest a week.

I keep wanting to pop on for some Iron Banner but it's storming whenever I have time and my power keeps cutting out just long enough to shut everything off. :(

I had an absolute blast on the Nightfall this week. Solar/Arc burn and Small Arms made this run hilarious if you're lucky enough to have an elemental primary. My auto rifle bullets were doing 700 damage each.

My Summoner (Adept) was doing ~2100 Crits with a 27 round magazine, which was just totally insane. Actually eager to run it again a second time with my Warlock.

Eternal Warrior just seems a bit... blah. I don't really know what their logic was in the creation of that. Though I've had such bad luck with Exotic rolls that I'd take it over my Helm of Inmost Light, as I much prefer Int/Dis over pure Str plus perks that favor Super use over melee. I'm so tired of all this pure STR garbage left and right.

This titan of mine is relatively new (I recently switched to PS4 from Xbox One), so I've been running around with whatever armor scraps the game has thrown me. Been relying on Inmost Light, so I'm glad to have another option. And Eternal Warrior's perks do fit my play style a bit better, for exactly the reasons you cited, Jon.

Is my understanding of Intellect/Discipline/Strength correct? That higher stats will boost skill recharge up to 100%, but beyond 100%, additional stat points won't confer any benefit? With certain armor combinations, I end up with like 300-something Intellect, say. But the Intellect effect (visible when you hover over the stat value on your character screen) hits 100% well below that. Makes finding the right stat balance at least as important as nifty perks.

270 is the maximum number of points in any given category (giving you 100%). Any points over that don't count, so it's not worth exceeding that number by much. Split stats give you slightly more points than if all the points go into one, so taking two items that have Int/Dis split would likely be better than one item with Int only and one with Dis only, granted everything is fully upgraded and ascended. You can basically max out two stats completely, or max out one and split the remaining two.

One of the Queen's Wrath bounties this week actually sends you to a new mission. It's a short one that starts you in the Phogoth room in the Hellmouth, but it's cool to see them do new stuff like this.

with

a turret sequence!

Xur is located near the big circular door at the Tower near the Speaker.

He's selling the Helm of Saint-14, Young Ahamkara's SpineObsidian MindMIDA Multi-Tool, and Body Armor Engrams.

All pretty good picks except for Young Ahamkara's Spine (it's alright for PvP, but so many better Hunter exotics to choose from). I went ahead and picked up the Helm of Saint-14 for my increasingly used Defender Titan build and I'm planning on picking up the MIDA. I rolled three Body Armor engrams, got the Titan Crest of Alpha Lupi, Hunter Crest of Alpha Lupi, and Starfire Protocol. Really excited about the latter, didn't yet have a Sunsinger-specific exotic so I'm eager to use it while I level SS.

Also, sorry I didn't accept the invite last night spork/video games. I was away for a moment and by the time I tried to join you were already matchmaking. I was mostly on to finish running dailies on my Warlock, as I had spent a fair while in IB on my Titan earlier in the night. About halfway to level 4!

MIDA is a fun gun. Definitely worth getting. One thing about it that's not listed is it's great at staggering enemies. In PvE you can practically stunlock a lot of bigger enemies and in PvP you can win a lot of matchups at range because hits screw up their aim so badly (obviously close range it's not so great).

No worries Jon, I'll be on this weekend for sure to get up to lvl 5 in IB (also want to do PoE and maybe Trials if anyone is up for it). I had like some sort of zen moment in IB last night. I had been playing terribly Wednesday night with one match having a KDR of something like 0.2, but then my first time in yesterday I knocked down 27 kills and a later match I had a KDR of something like 4.5, which is off the charts for me. Dunno if it was my aim or awareness or what, but everything was clicking. Felt really good.

I've heard the argument that Young Ahamkara's Spine is good in ToO. Putting down a long-lasting tripmine can completely block a passage or stop a player being revived. Unless of course the other team knows how to destroy tripmines, which it seems alot of people don't.

I'd rather not use a strategy that partly depends on the other team being stupid, I have an easy enough time handling those teams. I mean, "how to destroy tripmines" is "how to destroy anything" which is "shoot or blast it".

The one tripmine strategy that I think could actually work (due to the tripmine actually lasting long enough) is sticking it to a ceiling or something that's easy to miss as you're chasing a guy. If he goes clockwise, throw a trip mine and go counterclockwise. If he's watching his radar, he'll double back and maybe walk right into your mine.

Just so everybody knows, there's an exploit people use where they look at the roster while matchmaking on ToO to check what level their enemies are and what gear they have, and if they don't look like easy targets they switch character to leave matchmaking without getting a loss on their scorecard. This is an exploit, and not only will you be banned from Crucible matchmaking for it, but you'll be restricted from using any Trials of Osiris gear.

The Bungie forums are *hilarious*.

post-34045-0-82773400-1433623956_thumb.png

post-34045-0-13594200-1433623957_thumb.png

post-34045-0-84259300-1433623909.png

Me, Vulpes, and a friend teamed up last night to try to take down level 32 PoE and Jesus Christ that is some really intense and fucked up shit. 3 hours and we ultimately had to call it a night because we just could not beat the final round. 4/5 of the rounds were Vex and the final boss was the gate lord guy who puts you in a damage bubble every 1-2 minutes. If you don't quickly break out of it you die and you can pretty much only break out if someone's picked up the jailbreaker buff from killing a specific yellow bar Vex guy that shows up after each bubble. We got into a pretty good rhythm with finding the guy and killing him right before the damage bubble popped but it just takes so long to get the boss's health down that we would inevitably make a mistake or eventually get overwhelmed. Very awesome and fun fight, but it's such a bummer to walk away empty handed.

We also tried Trials of Osiris and got fucking stomped. Turns out two level 32s and a level 33 are just too underpowered for that mode.

So I'm at a point now where I badly need etheric light to get to level 33/34 but I'm not quite high enough level to do any of the stuff that guarantees etheric light. At least I'll finally get one from iron banner.

The Trials map this week is really unforgiving, I'd have recommended you give it another try if it was one of the past couple weeks but this one is just prone to all kinds of map abuse. Have you been running Nightfall every week? I've seen a couple guys I've played with get an Etheric Light from it and it's considerably easier than POE or Trials.

I haven't run nightfall yet. I might be on in the next couple hours though so if people are available, I'd love to do a run. Aside from that, I'm just feverishly trying to get rank 3 in iron banner before it ends. Not sure if I'll get any playtime after today though and I have about 1000 rep left to grind.

Me, Vulpes, and a friend teamed up last night to try to take down level 32 PoE and Jesus Christ that is some really intense and fucked up shit. 

That was me, not Vulpes!  :zoid: The "Marked for Annihilation" mechanic was really fun to figure out, but calling it quits sucked so very hard.

I hit rank 3 in Iron Banner tonight, and finally got a piece of Etheric Light. Only now I'm being all precious deciding what to apply it to.