melmer

Destiny

I did the 32 earlier this week. The fourth round is a real bastard; arc burn means that the major wizards and knights can basically instakill you, and disarming mines means you can't just hide from them for the whole round.

You do get an IB boost by wearing IB items though (shader, class item, and emblem). I might try using the Hawkmoon I've never touched throughout that so I can actually get it leveled up a bit. It's apparently a really good PvP gun.

There's a bounty that Eris sells for completing the Nightfall I think that rewards three motes if you're trying to get more. I think you can buy them from the Speaker now too.

So what's the plan for tomorrow? I'm good for a raid at around the same time as last week if we have enough people for it. If not, I'd be up for some PoE or ToO or other such acronyms.

This weekend I have absolutely no plans, so as long as I know about it ahead of time I can hop on to raid whenever. Around 2 PM Eastern/7 PM GMT just like last time would work for me, if anyone just wants a shot in the dark suggestion.

I can't guarantee whether I can make it at that time or not. If I can, I'll make sure to give anyone who's online a heads up.

Okay, I think most of us were kinda mumbling about making this regular but not weekly so this follows. Maybe we should just aim for next week re: Crota. I'm still up for L32 PoE, ToO, NF on my Warlock or anything else if people are around. Or if not, I'm going to be running L28 PoE like crazy to farm for Strange Coins and Motes to buy Xur stuff.

Okay, I think most of us were kinda mumbling about making this regular but not weekly so this follows. Maybe we should just aim for next week re: Crota. I'm still up for L32 PoE, ToO, NF on my Warlock or anything else if people are around. Or if not, I'm going to be running L28 PoE like crazy to farm for Strange Coins and Motes to buy Xur stuff.

Under normal circumstances, I think I would have been able to make it but my wife is pretty sick and it looks like I'll be on kid duty all day. I might be on here and there during the day and then hopefully for a few hours later in the evening.

Haha, I love that kind of dumb crap. I don't know if Destiny especially has weird spawning behavior or if more games do and I just play Destiny way more, but there are so many situations where a whole team is taking point B and it just won't know where to spawn you if you die.

In other news, this is what doing a Nightfall, a Weekly Lv 30, a Lv 32 PoE, and a HM Crota looks like -

CGS8w0cU8AAuJ5p.jpg

Good running with you Vulpes and Vasari. Now that I have a general idea of how Crota works, I'd be a lot more confident doing it with Thumbs now.

That was good fun last night, even if I did screw up being swordbearer a few times. It's alot harder than it looks!

You did just fine! That kind of stuff is something you can only learn by doing so it's no big deal.

If anyone is on today and wants to run Trials of Osiris, hit me up. On that note, I played with an LFG group and just did horribly. I suspect that each of us was alright independently, but the other guys just had no team sense. On a heavy weapons round after the opposing team picked up one box, a teammate was just sticking to me like glue and predictably we both got killed with a single Gjallahorn shot. Ridiculous.

I'd be up for a Trials run later today. Have some stuff to take care of now but I should be back on this evening. I ran it with some random folks this morning and we did ok but not great. Got to the 6-win tier (4 actual wins if you discount the boons I bought) which netted me the armor and one Etheric Light. Enough to get me to 34 at least. That mode is super intense. Good lord.

Nice! I really love the gaudy gold Trials gear. Your Lighthouse rewards any good?

I didn't end up having time to get back on last night...looks like I missed out :( Will probably be on tonight though. Still would like to run some PoE and wouldn't mind doing Trials if anyone's up for it.

The gaudy gold shader really helps, I actually think that most of the rare shaders are guady in a weirdly appealing way. Kinda love the Glowhoo, wish I could figure out a good set of armor for it.

Nothing mindblowing from the Lighthouse chest, got another Etheric Light (this would have been mindblowing had I not gotten two already through tier packages), 4 motes, 3 passage coins, and an Arc Auto Rifle. Actually most excited about the rifle, I already used it quite a bit in the non-Arc variety so this is even better. Plus, it's already 365 damage and the perks are solid. I still need to run L32 weekly (not a huge priority since I ran L30) and PoE 32 on my Warlock, otherwise I'm all wrapped up until tomorrow's reset. I also wouldn't mind running more ToO if anyone needs a third, it's not a big priority for me but I don't have any Watcher's gear and I'm kinda hungry for that Legendary jumpship so I wouldn't mind hopping in.

One more Lighthouse shot, I really love the look of that area -

5bxHb79.gif

Wow that looks like an awesome place to explore.

But do you actually get to explore it, or is it just a background environment? I know very little about Destiny.

Unfortunately no, you just get to explore a very small space. I will say that for a FPS, Destiny does an amazing job at constructing environments that are actually logical and create a sense of place. I wish that there was a real FPSRPG set in Destiny's world, but I get the sense that Bungie is not really a studio that wants to do more than a fairly linear story (maybe with wide paths, but nothing "open world") and competitive multiplayer.

Ah, that's a shame, but not unexpected. Even so, I appreciate it on the visual level for what it is. Kudos to Bungie.

Now port the game to PC so I can play it, haha.

The gaudy gold shader really helps, I actually think that most of the rare shaders are guady in a weirdly appealing way. Kinda love the Glowhoo, wish I could figure out a good set of armor for it.

I was using the previous Iron Banner chest with Glowhoo when we did the VoG raid a few weeks ago. It practically turns you into a nightlight.

Regarding the Lighthouse, I think it's cool that it exists at all, since it's something a large number of people won't get to and they could have just as easily dumped the awards into your inventory when you finished your last match instead of creating a unique map around getting them.

It's almost all 33/34, saw a couple 32s but didn't fare incredibly well. I think the level matters less than having weapons you're good with that are fully upgraded. I'd much rather prefer a 365/331/331 L32 over a 2XX/2XX/2XX L33. Also, I think coordination really matters most. The teams that do bad are the ones where half of the team is rushing and the other sniping on two sides of the map, or they're all really close together and primed for a couple grenades. In some matches it doesn't matter if you're good or bad, the other team will just all load up on snipers and make every shot with no hesitation. In almost all the others, it has to do with team sense, deploying supers properly, dying in good places, and using builds/weapons you're comfortable with.

Are you really far away from L33? A PoE Armor Core chest armor and maxed exotic helmet/arms/legs would do it, should be fairly attainable.

It's almost all 33/34, saw a couple 32s but didn't fare incredibly well. I think the level matters less than having weapons you're good with that are fully upgraded. I'd much rather prefer a 365/331/331 L32 over a 2XX/2XX/2XX L33. Also, I think coordination really matters most. The teams that do bad are the ones where half of the team is rushing and the other sniping on two sides of the map, or they're all really close together and primed for a couple grenades. In some matches it doesn't matter if you're good or bad, the other team will just all load up on snipers and make every shot with no hesitation. In almost all the others, it has to do with team sense, deploying supers properly, dying in good places, and using builds/weapons you're comfortable with.

Are you really far away from L33? A PoE Armor Core chest armor and maxed exotic helmet/arms/legs would do it, should be fairly attainable.

If I use an exotic shard on my Apotheosis Veil and buy the chest piece from poe I could likely hit 33. But then I think my gloves are still from the first expansion so I'm not exactly sure. I think I'm better off waiting in till nest week once the PoE dude is selling something other then a chest piece. But given that Iron Banner starts up again this week I'm not sure ToO is going to be back up this weekend so I may hop on to try and get to 33 anyways.

Fair point, really hope Variks gives us a non-strength roll tomorrow. Plus, if you need to upgrade your gloves I think the Iron Banner gear maxes at 36 before ascension.

Random thing I remembered - picked up the Nothing Manacles this weekend, turns out that HoW Exotics come pre-ascended so all you need is a single Exotic Shard to fully upgrade them. Pretty nice deal if one goes on offer again and looks good.