melmer

Destiny

Yep, I'll be on at that time. Anything I need to do to prep for it? This will be my first raid.

It helps to have some heavy ammo synths. Apart from that, just bring a positive attitude :)

7PM GMT is about 1 PM my time so that's perfect for me, sign me up! And I can likely dig a Gamers With Jobs player or two if we are short.

Well I managed to get through all the HoW story missions and hit level 31 last night. Surprisingly, those were some pretty solid missions! Especially the last one.

I'm on right now trying to level some stuff up for the raid if anyone wants to join me. I'm IHateDRM75 on PSN, just tell me you're from here if you send me an invite.

I'm online now! If you don't have me on PSN, my ID is Wracketeer.

Running that raid today was an absolute blast. Thank you to everyone who was able to make it. Sorry I had to stay muted through parts of it. My kids were being a little rowdy and I didn't want to interrupt communication.

A few of us continued on and did the weekly heroic and nightfall strikes and managed to get through without too much trouble. That new strike is pretty solid.

If anyone else is up for it, I wouldn't mind trying to make this a semi regular thing. I still want to run Crota's End and try some hard mode as well. I think I can commit to being available most Saturdays around the same time we started today.

I would love to get a weekly thing going every saturday. Even it's just enough people to run the nightfall and weekly. I had a ton of fun doing those with Urkle and Hawkguy today. ;)

If anyone wants to run Prison of Elders L32 tomorrow, hit me up if you see me online. Vulpes and I tried it with just the two of us, made it to the final round but just couldn't manage. I imagine that we could pull it off with two 31s (in addition to me) at the least, or with relative ease with two level 32s.

I have tomorrow off so I'd be down for another go at it. And thanks to a series of random late night occurrences I know have a pretty good idea of how to run the Crota raid on hard mode if anyone wants to give that a go next weekend.

The raid was super fun. I'd be up for something on Saturdays at least semi-regularly as well. I think normal mode Crota next would be the way to go. I've only done hard mode once, and the Crota fight in particular is a pain in the butt, so I'd hold off until we're all over-levelled for it :). And if we can't get a full squad, there's plenty of 3-man content at this point for smaller groups.

I ran the PoE L32 with some random players and we found the trick with the final boss is that he only brings in more adds once you take down his shield, so you should focus all attention on them first until he's left by himself (we stayed in that hallway right at the entrance). Then you'll have an opportunity to run out and get ammo (Juggler :() and then DPS the boss without much worry, otherwise the adds are just too overwhelming.

The raid was super fun. I'd be up for something on Saturdays at least semi-regularly as well. I think normal mode Crota next would be the way to go. I've only done hard mode once, and the Crota fight in particular is a pain in the butt, so I'd hold off until we're all over-levelled for it :). And if we can't get a full squad, there's plenty of 3-man content at this point for smaller groups.

I ran the PoE L32 with some random players and we found the trick with the final boss is that he only brings in more adds once you take down his shield, so you should focus all attention on them first until he's left by himself (we stayed in that hallway right at the entrance). Then you'll have an opportunity to run out and get ammo (Juggler :() and then DPS the boss without much worry, otherwise the adds are just too overwhelming.

Thanks for the tip re: L32 adds, really helped Vulpes and I on our second shot at it. Now I have this armor core and I checked this morning to see what this week's armor is and it's another Strength-only thing, ughhhhhh. According to various wikis all of the PoE armor can have any stats, but I don't know if they're just making things up or what.

In other news, I made a Warlock on Sunday and it's already level 25. Knowing what you're doing can make that early game SO MUCH faster than the first time. That Warlock glide is taking a while to get used to, doing a lot of unintentional suicides in PvP and it's really embarrassing.

Edit: found a pretty good website for stat tracking, Destiny Tracker. As it turns out, I'm a "High Skill" Crucible player - http://destinytracker.com/destiny/overview/ps/jonac13

I'm hesitant to start a 2nd character because I already dump way too much time into this game as it is. And if you really want to kill yourself a lot with a Warlock, try the Blink jump.

That site's pretty cool. I really enjoy PvP but I'm totally mediocre at it. It says I'm High Skill but I dunno if a KDR of 1.0 could really qualify for that. God bless those low skill players out there I guess.

I'm hesitant to start a 2nd character because I already dump way too much time into this game as it is. And if you really want to kill yourself a lot with a Warlock, try the Blink jump.

That site's pretty cool. I really enjoy PvP but I'm totally mediocre at it. It says I'm High Skill but I dunno if a KDR of 1.0 could really qualify for that. God bless those low skill players out there I guess.

A K/D ratio of 1 is pretty good for me. I only dip into PvP when I need to, for an exotic weapon bounty or something. But now I want that ToO Warlock helm, so....

So happy to see more Thumbs getting back into Destiny. I added my info to the ID Exchange Google Doc. I'd be happy to join in some raids or PoE runs, or even Trials if your standards are low.

I think it's interesting how Destiny is evolving with House of Wolves. I've spent a lot of time grinding dailies for ascendent materials, public events for various endgame currencies, weeklies for Strange Coins, etc.

But post-HoW, a lot of the non-raid methods of getting and improving gear have been outmoded. You can still get ascendent stuff from dailies, but if you're not trying to upgrade older gear, you probably don't need it. Public events just give you planetary resources and glimmer. Cryptarch care packages give you rare engrams instead of legendary. So the game is pushing us toward the Nightfall and weekly strikes, PoE, ToO, and the "pack of wolves" events. Not a complaint, just an observation.

This is my first real experience with a "live game". I don't know if it's valid to talk about Destiny in relation to games like WoW, but I do wonder if we'll eventually be playing something completely different than what first launched, even as we kill the Divisive Mind for the 5,000th time.

I had a great time in the raid last week, if we're doing Crota this weekend then count me in!

I've been using this Chrome plugin replacement for the Destiny app called Tower Ghost (I think there's an android version as well). If you move stuff in and out of your vault alot then it's a really good interface for doing that

I use Destiny Item Manager for that purpose, they look pretty similar but I'll have to take a look at it later to see if one is better than the other. I really like it for moving items when you're in the middle of things. I've moved items from my vault to characters mid-Crucible match if I find that the other team is just abusing Mythoclasts and I need a quick-firing scout rifle to attempt a counter.

House of Wolves has made the game *very* interesting especially as I level a new character. The idea of having lvl32 enemies just wandering around areas that used to be clear gives a strong sense of the world "evolving," even as I get frustrated getting wacked by the Queenbreaker Captain as I walk over to do the Walker Public Event.

I like that, though. I like evolving worlds. I just hope Comet doesn't make the game too inaccessible to newer players.

even as I get frustrated getting wacked by the Queenbreaker Captain as I walk over to do the Walker Public Event.

Holy crap, I never even thought of that, is it possible to just run past him or do you just avoid that whole area? 

I have temporarily stolen a PS4 and been playing the Destiny demo. Does anyone actually know in what way the demo is limited?

I think I still can be involved in multiplayer, so if anyone wants to do some early stuff with me, hit me up! My PSN name should be Gwardinen.

The demo only lets you advance to level 7. Otherwise, I think it's "the whole game" but just truncated due to that artificial level cap.

I have a level 3 Hunter that I've barely started, I'll add you. I'll probably be on pretty regularly during the weekend on my other characters, but feel free to send me a message if you see me online and not busy and I'll be happy to run those early missions.

Holy crap, I never even thought of that, is it possible to just run past him or do you just avoid that whole area? 

You can hustle past; the best way is to just hang an immediate right through that "back area" after heading down the staircase, which doesn't aggro anything until you pop out the other end, at which point you'll lose aggro immediately upon heading into the next room. I can't remember if he's cloaked or not, but every time I walk down and think "oh, a gang of level 1s, he's not here right now" he absolutely is, so I've just learned to not bother with that open middle area at all.

I forgot to mention that I attempted the level 34 POE last night for about two hours and couldn't pull it off. I was unfortunately the only one in my group without a Gjally and I think we weren't at an appropriate skill level to complete it without taking advantage of the inherent advantage of 3x Gjally. As soon as they swapped me out for someone else, they did it on their second attempt. I feel like it was completely possible to do without all that, the mechanics of that fight just require really superb timing and execution that we couldn't pull off. Also, you really, really need full experience 331/365 weapons of all damage types and ranges for that kind of content (like, 3 snipers, 3 shotguns, 3 rocket launchers). Anything less just won't cut it unless you're being sherpa'd by some savant players.

I've heard this week's 34 modifiers are especially tough. I'll probably stick to the 32 as while I have a decent collection of gear, a lot of it is not maxed out plus I'm still only a L33 and the attack dropoff is pretty harsh when underleveled. Speaking of which, if anyone sees me on this weekend and wants to run the L32 PoE, shoot me a message. I'm not gonna have a ton of time to play but I should be on sporadically.

Apparently you're going to be able to buy a few pieces of Etheric Light from the Iron Banner next week. L34 is in my sights.

I'd be down to do the L32 POE if we're on at the same time. And yeah, data miners are saying that you can buy one Etheric Light at Rank 3 and one at Rank 5 per character. And anyone didn't know, running Nightfall will not boost IB rep. Just looked up how it worked last time to be sure.

Xur is selling some pretty good stuff this weekend. Patience and Time seems pretty well worth buying, Crest of Alpha Lupi is good for Titan PvE team content, Achlyophage Symbiote is basically the best Gunslinger exotic, and Nothing Manacles look to be a pretty solid PvP Voidwalker gauntlet. I think I'm going to try to farm some Motes with another NF run and lots of L28 PoE in my spare time, tons of Exotic Gauntlets I'm interested in (Ruin Wings, Don't Touch Me, Sunbreakers, and some of the new HoW stuff).