melmer

Destiny

Ugh, that one is so good. I've only done it twice, and one of those times my party ditched randomly...probably because it's long and difficult. 

Man, I wanna play some Destiny now. I fired it up two days ago and got matched into the Walker/Giant Eye strike. I turned it off once I was done because that one is like autopilot. 

Ugh, that one is so good. I've only done it twice, and one of those times my party ditched randomly...probably because it's long and difficult. 

Man, I wanna play some Destiny now. I fired it up two days ago and got matched into the Walker/Giant Eye strike. I turned it off once I was done because that one is like autopilot. 

I'd be up for playing some today. What time would be good for you?

Does anyone regularly complete the Weekly Nightfall Strikes? With all the talk about the raid, I'm actually a bit more interested in the strikes considering the guaranteed 1/3 shot at an Exotic, possible Strange Coin rewards, and the exp/rep buff you get from completing it. I'm about to hit level 30, so if anyone is interested in running Nightfall strikes let me know. 

I used to, but I fell out of the habit, despite it being fun. I don't think our schedules will match though.

Yeah... well if you ever see me playing Saturday/Sunday mornings (which I guess would be afternoons) hit me up, that's probably the only time it'd ever work.

In other news, Destiny just put out a pre-House of Wolves patch -

1.2.0 : The one to pre-load House of Wolves

Destiny Expansion II will change the way we all play and upgrade our characters. Before the release of the House of Wolves, we’re deploying new code that will impact the player experience.

Weapons
Fixed an issue in which Vex Mythoclast was not respawning with primary ammunition
Fixed an issue with the Hive Disruptor perk, which now appears in the Black Hammer perk set again
Fixed an issue in which the Phantom Gift and White Nail perks would become interrupted when non-precision damage occurred from other perks
Bonus damage from other perks (e.g., Explosive Rounds, Hive Disruptor) no longer interrupts the count
Three precision hits within the time window will trigger the intended refund bonus
Fixed an issue in which the Hive Disruptor perk did not work correctly with sustained damage events (auto rifles, pulse, etc.)
Oracle Disruptor perk now triggers more often
Hive Disruptor perk now triggers more often, but does less damage per event

PVP
Salvage: Moved the first Relic to more consistently appear in a centralized position on the map
Fixed an issue that caused players to wait an excessively long time to respawn

Tower
Faction reward packages will no longer produce Shards
The Speaker will now exchange Ascendant and Radiant Materials for Glimmer and Motes of Light
Xûr will now exchange Strange Coins for Motes of Light
Commendations are no longer required to purchase gear
Commendations can now be converted to receive +250 gains in Vanguard, Crucible, or Faction reputation
Note: Etheric Light will not be made available for ascending gear until the release of House of Wolves

User Interface
Vendor Interaction Panel has been updated to support Quest chains
Vendor Interaction Panel now has better animations and fewer popping issues
Number of buffs that can be displayed on the Character screen has been increased
Inventory item stacks that have reached their highest possible count will now display gold numbers along with an alert in the tooltip that maximum quantities have been acquired 

Audio
Added improved feedback for players who take damage from energy weapons

Companion
Fixed an issue in which the Mercury Grimoire card was not being awarded
Retroactively awarded the Mercury Grimoire card to players who have found the "Mercury Memory Fragment" Dead Ghost
Vendor items, damage types, and perks will now be visible on Bungie.net and the Mobile App

Technical
Addressed a crash on Xbox One that was induced when too many explosions/projectiles were generated
Fixed an issue that affected the network quality user interface
Indicators will no longer display persistently bad ("red") quality after a user's connection recovers from a temporary quality issue
The quality indicators should now always correctly reflect a user's live connection quality

*Addendum
We have discovered that Legendary Engrams will drop in 1.2.0 that the Cryptarchs will not recognize
Hold on to all newly-acquired purple Engrams until May 19th to benefit from their upgraded decryption skillset

I'll be available to play tonight at the time I posted on the calendar if anyone's interested. So far it looks like I'm the only one available around that time but if anyone will be available who hasn't entered their availability on the calendar, let me know. I'd much prefer to team up over running with randoms.

The Queen's Wrath event is back in the tower with new bounties. Looks like you can get some early rep for the new vendors and do a new public event.

I try and do the Nightfalls when I have time. I wonder if they'll up the difficulty level for them once HoW drops. Also curious how the Queen's Wrath has been reworked from the one time they've had it.

I might be on late tonight, but it's doubtful. I want to get Truth from Xur but am lacking in strange coins, so I'd need to do the nightfall+weekly tonight, as I won't be able to play the rest of the weekend. If I see any of you guys on I'll check in about running it.

I need to run the Weekly again so I can finish both an exotic weapon quest and the Dark Below quest for beating it. So, either way I'd be up for joining in if you see me. I don't think they've said anything about making Nightfall quests easier or harder, only that they were going to uncouple them from the weekly so that there are two different weekly strikes per week so that non-DLC people still have something to do.

Oh I remember how it worked now . Pre-Crota, all Nightfalls were 28. But with the expansion, the new strike (Omnigul) was 30. So I guess I'd expect the new strike to be a lvl 32 Nightfall but the old ones should stay the same.

I really like The Undying Mind, the PS4 exclusive one. Unfortunately because of the section where you fight the Precursor Vex it's the longest strike in the game, so when people get it in matchmaking they instantly drop out.

That's my favourite one because there's so much cover in the final arena that you can kinda haphazardly run and gun it without worrying too much about which areas are 'safe' and which aren't so long as you keep moving.

Ok so what going on with the raid this weekend? Last time I saw suggested was 9PM PDT Saturday, which is maybe a little later then I like given how long these things can go but I can live with it. So is that what we want to go with?

Right now, me and Cussedcayuse are the only ones showing available around that time on the calendar. So not sure if we'll muster enough people for a raid. But I'll at least be on doing strikes and stuff.

At the very least, we can take a crack at the Nightfall Strike. We could also do the new “Wanted” Queen’s Bounties, one of which I tried and failed miserably at last night. I think I’m too low level to do enough damage. My heavy weapon was the only thing that he wasn’t immune to! O_O It was really cool though. You basically have to kill everything in an area until they send in waves of high-level bad guys as back up. Some carry a new temporary weapon, a sticky grenade launcher that lets you hold down the fire button after launching to cook up some crazy big explosions. It was neat.

Sure I can do the Nightfall. If I'm being honest with my self I was bound to pick up the DLC at some point anyways so I may as well just do it.

Any particular time that people want to start?

Seems like there was a pretty decent turnout of Thumbs throughout the weekend. I was on playing with a friend for a good portion of the weekend and also managed to get some HoW bounties and other dailies done with JonCole and CussedCayuse. It was fun!

I updated the calendar with my availability for next weekend so I'm hopeful that we can manage to get six of us together this time. I have a friend that will most likely be available to join us as well so maybe that will help. One thing that kind of sucks if you aren't doing raids is the whole 3 person limit. I got a couple invites that I had to pass on because I was already in a full group. I felt bad.

Hopefully we can do something this weekend. I've updated myself on the calendar as well. http://teamup.com/ksab7bace4e91c1f8a/#/

Plus, since the DLC is out tomorrow, it'll be even easier to get to a higher level, so if anyone isn't high enough for Vault of Glass then they could get a boost this week. Also if you're interested, the Salvage playlist in the Crucible is dropping DLC weapons right now, so you can get a head start.

Did some of those Queen's bounty things over the weekend and they seem a pretty efficient way to rack up blue engrams (only managed 1 purp) although apparently they can't be decrypted until the dlc hits. Only whiffed once in not being able to find the chest (the randoms I was with apparently couldn't find it either), but the fights went down pretty quick because there were so many people trying them out.

Did some of those Queen's bounty things over the weekend and they seem a pretty efficient way to rack up blue engrams (only managed 1 purp) although apparently they can't be decrypted until the dlc hits. Only whiffed once in not being able to find the chest (the randoms I was with apparently couldn't find it either), but the fights went down pretty quick because there were so many people trying them out.

This thread on Reddit has the locations of all the chests. They're honestly pretty fun to farm. There's another important trick for getting loot from them: If you leave the area and come back, you can open the chest again as long as you still have the Ether Key buff. Usually you have enough time to loot it three times. The chests also have a chance to drop Treasure Keys, which are used to get loot from the weekly Arenas in House of Wolves.

But mostly, it's going to be really fun popping all those engrams tomorrow. I've completely filled my vault to the brim, and I've got an alt with a full inventory of new engrams.

Yeah, I've build up a stash of about 40 engrams ready to be decrypted as soon as possible. That'll be fun.

Also ran the Nightfall last night with spork, which was super fun. That was the first time I actually completed a Nightfall strike, which is pretty remarkable considering how long the game has been out. I'd definitely be down to do that any time, particularly now that I remember that there is a Dark Below bounty for it that I never complete plus I have the Pocket Infinity exotic bounty that has been sitting in my bounty box for months now. Not to mention the XP bonus from running it, which was really nice. I had two Vanguard commendations sitting around which I popped right after for about half a rank of Vanguard at once. Not too shabby.