melmer

Destiny

So what time would people be interested in raiding? Judging by the times of the posts here I might be in trouble, since I'm in GMT. The earlier we start, the more time we have to get through, but I know some people won't be able to play until the evening.

Yeah, probably around 8pm Arizona time on either Friday or Saturday is the earliest I can get on.

I work weird hours, and probably can't hop on until around 9:00pm PST most nights. However, I do have Mondays and Tuesdays off, and can hop on whenever on those days.

So what time would people be interested in raiding? Judging by the times of the posts here I might be in trouble, since I'm in GMT. The earlier we start, the more time we have to get through, but I know some people won't be able to play until the evening.

You're saying that 5am won't work for you? :(

It's looking increasingly like 9pm PDT/12am EDT/5am GMT on Saturday, at least with the current majority.

If it was delayed until 6am I might be able to make it. Not far off when I usually wake up for work anyway.

Seeing as the raid will take at least two hours, I don't think I can do 5AM. If everyone else can only do those times then go ahead and organise what suits you, but I'm afraid I won't be able to make it.

Yeah, realistically I can't commit to a 12 midnight starting time myself. I don't really know if we have enough people to do this, but organizing two groups may be a good idea.

It looks like we have 9 people that have responded in this thread saying they are interested in raiding. I also have a friend that would be interested in joining us which would bring it to 10.

If we really want to make something happen I think we need to look at the next several weeks and identify some solid time slots across each of the coming weekends to find out where we have an overlap big enough where 6 people can all get together at the same time. For instance, next weekend the earliest I can get on either day is probably 8PM my time whereas the following weekend I could probably get on as early as 11am or noon which would probably line up a lot better with some of you guys that are 7 hours ahead. And maybe we end up with enough overlap each weekend that we could run a raid once each week with a different lineup of people each week depending on who's available. I don't know about you guys but even after the next expansion comes out, I'd still be totally interested in trying to do these raid thingies.

Thoughts?

I am up for it as long as we plan things out well enough. My likeliness to do something is maximized when there are no surprises.

Agree with Zeus that weekend noonish will probably generally work best (that's from an east coast perspective). That way Europe folk are in the evening and west coasters are at a reasonable morning hour. Or maybe someone just says "I wanna run one at x time on y date" and go from there? A pool of 10 people should be enough to get things going at least every now and then.

Even with the new content dropping, there's plenty of incentive to re-run the raids. You definitely won't get all the drops in one go and some chests give chances at exotics. Plus you'll soon be able to bump old raid drops up to the new max light/damage levels.

Oh and someone asked on the last page, but the clan stuff is a waste. You can have it say "Idle Thumbs" under your name and that's about all the benefit there is.

Oh and someone asked on the last page, but the clan stuff is a waste. You can have it say "Idle Thumbs" under your name and that's about all the benefit there is.

Is there not any option to see status of clan members on the roster page and set up fireteams with clan members within the game or is that limited solely to people on your friends list?

Does anyone have the know-how to set up a shared document with schedule slots over the next several weekends where we can enter our availability? I remember someone did something like that for another thing on these forums and it seems like the best way to get an idea of exactly who is available and when. Either that or we could try a voting thread with various options but that sounds like it would be a mess to navigate.

I found a decent shared calendar thing and got a preliminary one set up from my phone. Can someone else try the link and see if you can add an event on Friday and Saturday for your available start time this weekend? Let me know if you run into any issues.

http://teamup.com/ksab7bace4e91c1f8a/

I tried it. Seems to work. It's just a shared calendar, right?

Oh wait, it doesn't show (local) time zones. I just put my times as I would for EDT, but I have no idea if that's right.

When I set it up it had me specify a time zone so I picked mine thinking it would automatically adjust for others. I'll get on my pc in a few and see if I can fix it.

Okay, it should be fixed now. Try again and let me know if it still isn't adjusting.

And yeah, it's basically just a shared calendar. I figure we all just post what times we're available to start each day and set a thing up for a time where six people are available.

http://teamup.com/ksab7bace4e91c1f8a/

Good idea! I've put myself down for a few days, but since I've just graduated I'm free pretty much all the time.

Anyone want to do the weekly strike tonight? I'll probably be hopping on around 6pm EDT to start playing, hit me up.

Is there not any option to see status of clan members on the roster page and set up fireteams with clan members within the game or is that limited solely to people on your friends list?

There's literally zero clan functionality in-game. It's worthless.

Thanks for the calendar Zeus. I'm busy through this weekend but I put in some tentative times I'll be free next week. Weekends are especially hard to predict.

No no no, there is some clan functionality. That is if you count trophies for doing stuff as a clan as "functionality".  :tdown:

Anyone want to do the weekly strike tonight? I'll probably be hopping on around 6pm EDT to start playing, hit me up.

I'm game. 

Actually, I'm not going to be able to get on for another hour or so. Apologies, but if you're still around I'll see you then.

I played Destiny for an hour today. At 7am. So I guess I'm fully into the game now.

I'm trying to wrap up the Dark Below missions and I've come to the strike. I actually just did the strike last night with CussedCayuse hosting, but I need to do it again for the quest (plus for an exotic weapon quest I just picked up). If anyone wants to run that strike for the weekly, hit me up at your leisure.

I really like the Dark Below strikes. Shame that the randomised matchmaking always puts me in one of the originals that I've done 10,000 times.

I really like The Undying Mind, the PS4 exclusive one. Unfortunately because of the section where you fight the Precursor Vex it's the longest strike in the game, so when people get it in matchmaking they instantly drop out.