melmer

Destiny

a hotfix rolled out! (link) auto rifle and shotgun nerfs, mythoclast nerfs (thank god), scout rifle buffs, and a fix to a cheesy way of beating the first boss of Vault (though it looks like the much-more-obviously-an-exploit way to beat the last boss remains intact for another tuesday reset).

in totally unrelated news, I scraped into rank 3 Iron Banner before it ends tomorrow. There are no additional rewards hidden on the vendor, like there were for the Queen event. :( The wholly unremarkable gloves and MG are the extent of the loot rewards. Bummed that the only drop I got was a Timurs Lash, the handgun, with decidedly mediocre mods. I enjoy pvp for its own sake, but damn did they skimp on the rewards for what was, in the end, a fairly absurd amount of hours playing Iron Banner. The shader is super gaudy solid-gold, at least! 

I grouped up with a guy for the weekly last night using Desintylfg.net

What an experience. He managed to cheese every encounter using some boring exploit that meant me and the other party member were dead most of the time for trying to play the game as intended. It was basically me watching him take out enemies really slowly one by one on his own, hiding under/on/behind something that meant he couldn't get hit. 

BOOORRRIIIINNNGG

I'd recommend going into the raid blind, if at all possible. The giantbomb crew did!

you don't need to bother leveling it up, you get the same number of Ascendant shards reguardless 

Oh, thanks for linking that. I forgot to watch the stream.

Sure, I'd be game.

Anyone want to try the raid again? I have nothing else going on tonight/tomorrow.

I'm still a poor level 26 so I can't do the 28 strikes just yet, but I do want to do the raid (for the first time). Would have loved to go in with a group that's never played it but I think that may not be possible at this point. Anyway I'm going to be pretty busy this weekend unfortunately but I'd be willing to give it a go sometime next week or weekend.

I really want to raid. Had hopes to do it sometime this past weekend, but Thumbs seemingly couldn't be mobilized for the task. I think we need to just get a group of people to commit, and then we LFG for the remaining people we need instead of hoping for people to show up who won't.

I'm getting ever closer to level 29, so Raid gear would make that task much easier not to mention all the shards you get as loot.

I also dinged 28 over the weekend and just solo'd the 28 Daily an LFGed the Nightfall successfully. My reward was a Legendary Scout Rifle - so incredibly jazzed! Now to complete the Raid... (Made it to Atheon once with my other char)

So two questions then

1) When does the Raid reset? (edit: it's tomorrow, I checked bungie.net)

2) Who on PS4 wants to throw down this week?

Well I've successfully navigated a move to a new place and visit from family so I should be relatively available now. Thursdays are really the only weekday I couldn't block out a few hours in the evening to do the raid or whatever. Weekends are a bit more unpredictable. I'll be trying to get myself up to lvl 27 in the meantime.

I'd still like to try for the raid. Things should also be settled down for me this week, so I'll be good to go evenings or whenever this weekend.

Was poking around one of the normally inaccessible areas of Venus and found myself in a Guardian cannon -

Gosh that is excellent; I'd love some goofy Portal "slingshot from here to here" mechanics. Would provide a nice mixup to "go here, shoot, go there, shoot." Maybe it would get people to stop complaining!

Was poking around one of the normally inaccessible areas of Venus and found myself in a Guardian cannon -

That reminds me of something from Halo - whenever you died from "unknown causes", your death would be listed as "<x> was killed by the Guardians". My friends and I used to try and find all the places on multiplayer maps where you could be randomly killed.

I'll be online tonight, either in Destiny or playing Shadow of Mordor. If you see me online, feel free to invite me. I just hit 29, so I think I'm more capable than ever to raid. Also, my Raid sniper rifle is leveled up enough to take out Oracles faster which could be a real boon.

Bungie made a lot of changes to Iron Banner (which starts today) that makes it seem a lot more interesting - http://destinydb.com/news/posts/77-iron-banner-returns-a-simple-guide-to-whats-new

Still bummed that there is no negative reinforcement for people that quit, only positive reinforcement for people losing that don't quit. Also, lame that they couldn't figure out a system for salvaging special event faction items for Ascendant Materials that wasn't exploitative in whatever way they wanted to avoid.

I haven't played Destiny for a couple weeks now, but I might hop on to try some Banner granted I'm not instantly destroyed since I'm acclimated to COD gunplay again.

Yeah I haven't been putting much time in either just because I've wanted to play some other stuff but I'll probably give this a shot. I completely missed the other Iron Banner event so I'm excited to have this whole new mode to get dominated in. Though I'm a little confused by the new medallion thing. Why have this weird system that I have to redeem instead of just giving less rep for losing a match like in the other Crucible modes?

We did! Three of us got together at least (JonCole, Korax, and myself) and got three random people from destinlfg or whatever it is. Very different for sure, but I had fun. Probably helped that several people already knew what to do so we were never stuck for long. Makes me wish there was even a bit of that variety in the regular missions. I'd be willing to do it again if anyone on here ever wants to.