melmer

Destiny

So the stuff the speaker sells...it's got hidden buffs right? Because if it's just vanity, that's kinda lame.

So the stuff the speaker sells...it's got hidden buffs right? Because if it's just vanity, that's kinda lame.

pretty sure it's just vanity, although maybe class items and emblems count toward the "have all legendaries equipped" cheevo? I have no idea.

How do the kill orders work? Are they that Queen mission that appears in the Destination screen? I've got Queen... coin(?)... things in my inventory that don't seem to do anything.

Only found out about this stuff yesterday, had no idea the Grimoire card stuff was giving me bonuses/boosts etc. Just figured they were Bungies achievements equivalent. They reeeaaaally made all this stuff easy to see, huh.

I honestly wonder how much of the crazy bad ui stuff was inspired by the willfully obtuse presentation of something like Dark Souls.

How do the kill orders work? Are they that Queen mission that appears in the Destination screen? I've got Queen... coin(?)... things in my inventory that don't seem to do anything.

when you finish a queen's mission one of the marks in your inventory is consumed in exchange for a legendary helm/chest(and rarely sniper rifle/ship).

I honestly wonder how much of the crazy bad ui stuff was inspired by the willfully obtuse presentation of something like Dark Souls.

you are giving them way too much credit. The rumor mill has been going, and it sounds like the campaign got completely gutted less then a year ago. The grimoire was a late band-aid fix, and they ran out of time to implement it in-game.

I wonder whether any of this stuff will be updated to be in game at some point.

Then again does it need to be? The game is good, if there's no compelling story will it affect it in the long run. People play WoW without knowing a thing about the lore.

Shoutout to JonCole/jonac13 and GOODYBOY/Energheizer for toughing out that lvl 28 strike. The coins were just enough for me to grab my one piece of exotic armor.

That level 28 strike was crazy hard. I was almost not enjoying it by the end, but it still did present a lot of situations where we really had to coordinate that felt quite different from the vanilla game.

Also, not to be overly critical but man are you trigger-happy with that self-resurrect. I feel like at least one of the times where we team wiped we might have made it if you had let one of us revive you (sometimes we were RIGHT next to you) instead of self-resurrecting. Then again, it didn't help that I'm still kinda shit with the Defender class. I feel like I'm missing a critical component to how to use it effectively. Maybe when I have it fully leveled up and have access to the full suite of perks, I'll suddenly discover a build that works for me.

Also, not to be overly critical but man are you trigger-happy with that self-resurrect.

You're not wrong. Mostly it was me being pissed off and wanting to get revenge against a yellow psion that when on par level I woulda been able to take out before running out of health, but when underleveled, I just wasn't able to deal.

So I finished the 'story' portion of the game and wow, that was even worse than I was expecting.

Glad it is over so I can so doing strikes and playing some crucible and not worrying about over leveling my character. 

Strikes are just the best part. Still enjoy the vast majority of them, and I really hope introducing more will be the main focus of whatever the update is. 

I'm still underleveled to do a raid, but I'd love to see what it's like.

Well, this weekend has been very productive for me. Hit rank 3 Vanguard, rank 12 Cryptarch, got two exotic bounties, completed one of those bounties, and got an exotic weapon drop.

As I mentioned before, I got the exotic bounty for Thorn and have been working on it diligently. Right now I'm working on the 500 points into void damage Crucible kills, which is pretty interesting. Really shifts my play to using my void shotgun/sniper and rocket launcher way more than my primary. I looked that the Destiny DB page for Thorn and I'm not looking forward to the level 26 Summoning Pits Strike at the end there.

I got another exotic bounty which I managed to complete it short order. I got the Super Good Advice machine gun, whose most grindy element was to kill a lot of guys with a machine gun with bonus points towards the progress bar for headshots. So, I bought a handful of heavy weapon ammo boosts, did an Explore in the Cosmodrome and on the Moon, shot one bullet at a time just for headshots, and farmed it in about an hour and a half. Best part is I have about 60+ helium filaments and spinmetal now, meaning less farming for them in the future. Anyways, here's the pretty cool gun -

VflUSHI.png

I got my second exotic of the weekend from a random drop at the Crucible, which I've been grinding seemingly forever for Crucible marks. I don't quite know what to make of it yet, odd thing is that it's a shotgun that is also a primary weapon. So, theoretically I could roll with two shotguns? Eager to try it out. It's called Universal Remote -

xn1SG6D.png

cool!

Super Good Advice seems kind of, uh, poorly thought out? It's an interesting idea, but should really do something more, cause 'take longer to deal damage but its okay you didn't waste any ammo' seems like a backwards perk. Especially when it eats up your one exotic slot!

Universal Remote sounds much more interesting (shame you'll have to level it for weeks before you can see how well the aiming works (r.i.p))

EXOTIC REVIEW

I got a Monte Carlo from the nightfall, and it seems weird. An autorifle totally geared towards close-quarters combat, and I just don't see how you could compete with shotguns and fusion. Looks rad though:

5nlvqxg.jpg

Thunderlord from an engram a while back. It's awesome. Heavy Machine Gun that shoots faster & more accurately the longer it's fired. Amazing for the last boss of Vault, as you have limited time to do damage and it dumps bullets.

Thorn is still fun in pvp, not so much in pve. Hoping the buffs roll out soon!

did the bounties for Invective and Pocket Infinity, though neither are leveled yet, so we'll see in a couple weeks when I level the damn things :kd:

You're brave for taking Pocket Infinity, I considered it as an alternative to Super Good Advice but the bounty seemed too daunting and the reports of how it performed were a little poor. I mostly took Super Good Advice because my exotic weapon pickings are so slim at the moment and I still don't have very many level 20 heavy weapons for some dumb reason. Incidentally, I just hit the next level of Dead Orbit and got a legendary rocket launcher so I don't even know how much I'll be using SGA.

Is there really a big gap in efficacy between exotic and legendary weapons? There is a really tangible numerical difference between exotic and legendary armor, but weapons seem to just have a more special/gimmicky effect rather than actually being measurably better. Sure, the combination of weird attributes can result in a more effective weapon, but it's doesn't seem to be as directly beneficial as exotic armor.

The Invective can be really useful in both PvP and PvE as it's a full-auto shotgun. Naturally any players that engage you in close quarters stand little chance, but it's also effective for bursting down tougher AI opponents; anything with a Solar shield will crumple, but I've also found it handy for enraged Major Minotaurs.

Personally I really want Hawkmoon, mainly for its looks:

Hawkmoon_rendered.png

Unfortunately acquiring it is all down to luck.

I put off the completing 25 strikes step for the Bad Juju, completely forgetting that the next part requires a component from Xur, so now I have to wait until Friday to get any further on that...

I did, however, get enough coins to buy the Red Death, and it seems cool so far.

did the bounties for Invective and Pocket Infinity, though neither are leveled yet, so we'll see in a couple weeks when I level the damn things :kd:

I have the Invective up to the point of needing Ascendant Energy, and when I use it (I don't often use shotguns), it's nice. Being able to slam 3-4 shells into a Minotaur before they get their melee attack going is great, and it regenerates ammo, making it useful when missions have the Juggler modifier on.

As I mentioned before, I got the exotic bounty for Thorn and have been working on it diligently. Right now I'm working on the 500 points into void damage Crucible kills, which is pretty interesting. Really shifts my play to using my void shotgun/sniper and rocket launcher way more than my primary. I looked that the Destiny DB page for Thorn and I'm not looking forward to the level 26 Summoning Pits Strike at the end there.

I've been sitting on that one for a couple weeks now. We should do that when you get there.

This looks like an interesting Game, but I don't have the Cash for a PS4 or XBone. Has the been Word of a PC Release?

Personally I really want Hawkmoon, mainly for its looks:

Hawkmoon_rendered.png

I was lucky enough to get The Last Word in crucible, which is almost as good looking as Hawkmoon. The best thing about it is the custom animations for when you fire, and pull it out. I like to double-tap triangle, and my hunter spins the gun around, Revolver Ocelot style.

tumblr_nc3ubiDcSL1qk9ohbo1_500.jpg

This looks like an interesting Game, but I don't have the Cash for a PS4 or XBone. Has the been Word of a PC Release?

nope, you'll have to play an actual good game, rather then this bad game we can't stop playing

condolences

I've been sitting on that one for a couple weeks now. We should do that when you get there.

I'm on the last step, so whenever you're online and you want to do it we should.

I got my Hunter almost to 28 and decided I would rather play Titan so now I am level 11. Kind of a drag how long the road to 20 is on an alt, given the fairly bad story.