melmer

Destiny

I didn't fire up Destiny last night but Monday I ran a Queen's Wrath with Jon, Mike Danger, and Korax as a swap for Mike after he passed out. Every Queen's Wrath mission I have had so far has been Venus or earlier, with a special focus on killing Draksis.

It gave us The Black Garden.

I didn't fire up Destiny last night but Monday I ran a Queen's Wrath with Jon, Mike Danger, and Korax as a swap for Mike after he passed out. Every Queen's Wrath mission I have had so far has been Venus or earlier, with a special focus on killing Draksis.

It gave us The Black Garden.

That mission was crazy challenging. Really highlighted the types of ammo and how you really need to have different weapons at the ready in case you deal with an elementally shielded ultra at level 24.

Honestly, it's really surprising how different Destiny is in a post-game sense. It doesn't change the formula, but it actually deals you a variety, quantity, and diversity of enemies that actually makes the game challenging and tests the different capabilities of everyone in a fire time. It's really making me want to fully level the Defender subclass so I could be a bit more diverse in these post-game situations.

Oh, also, the Queen's Wrath tokens cap at 10, again with extras vanishing into the ether. Because of reasons.

Not shocking; if you're accumulating enough to cap them I figure Bungie questions why you are even bothering in the first place. Like, you could not possibly care that much about shaders. That would not make sense (it totally makes sense, not having matching armor sets means you look like a nightmare)

Not shocking; if you're accumulating enough to cap them I figure Bungie questions why you are even bothering in the first place. Like, you could not possibly care that much about shaders. That would not make sense (it totally makes sense, not having matching armor sets means you look like a nightmare)

Yep:

shader.jpg

Fifa 15s release has significantly slowed down my Destiny progress. Are people still finding the endgame compelling? I hit level 24 but running strikes/crucible over and over without any loot gains wore me out a bit. Shame because when at it's best the game is fantastic, just finiding hard to fit in time for it between Fifa and the soon to be out Shadow of Mordor.

the end-endgame is essentially the 2 weeklies and Vault of Glass. I'm still finding it compelling, but it's really only about ~3 hours of content per week. The slightly gross part is that new gear takes stupid amounts of materials to level, which translates into a couple hours of mindless chest farming (note: as much time as you'll spend doing actual fun things) per item.

I suppose there's the Queen event too, which is a couple easy legendaries if you're just hitting endgame, but is so poorly designed overall that ignoring it is the sanest option. Hoping Iron Banner has a bit more care put into it.

the end-endgame is essentially the 2 weeklies and Vault of Glass. I'm still finding it compelling, but it's really only about ~3 hours of content per week. The slightly gross part is that new gear takes stupid amounts of materials to level, which translates into a couple hours of mindless chest farming (note: as much time as you'll spend doing actual fun things) per item.

I suppose there's the Queen event too, which is a couple easy legendaries if you're just hitting endgame, but is so poorly designed overall that ignoring it is the sanest option. Hoping Iron Banner has a bit more care put into it.

Minor trick that I recently discovered and have been sharing as much as possible - if you raise the daily heroic mission to level 24 or 28, you get a guaranteed Ascendant upgrade item. It's a slow grind, but most missions at 24 are pretty effortless in the end-game even solo.

Welp I just hit full legendary armor loadout tonight. Does everyone have every single piece of armor requiring 16 Helium Filaments per armor defense upgrade. Cuz... uhhh... that's super duper lame. Think that might actually count as "beating" the game for me. No way I'm patrolling the moon for a zillion hours day in day out to get 16*4*4 Helium Filaments.

Fascinating game though. Just about exactly everything about it pissed me off, but I still dumped tons of time into it. Still don't know if I stayed with it purely out of pride, or if my persistence actually indicates that the thing is worthwhile... In either case, I'm pumped to move on until they drop some new multiplayer modes / maps.

I'm a little confused on how light works. I got my first exotic armor today, but my level remained the same. I thought maybe there's some legendary gear that you can buy with more light (more than 18) but apparently not. So do weapons have light attached to them? Because I've never seen that.

If not, how are people getting past level 25? Is it from drops that I've not encountered with more than +18 light? Or do weapons have a hidden light stat?

Weapons do not have light. The defense upgrades of pieces of armor increase their light generation.[citation needed]

Weapons do not have light. The defense upgrades of pieces of armor increase their light generation.[citation needed]

I have gotten levels this way so I am pretty sure it's right

Best way to farm those common upgrade materials seems to be checking practically every spawn point cave/thing for random chests while doing daily bounties. It maybe adds 10% more time to completing that stuff, but chests contain 1-3 of those things plus sometimes have green/blue items that you can break down for weapon parts.

Just got my first exotic bounty and decided I'd take the one for Thorn. I heard it's hard, but I use hand cannon all the time and my blue cannon is not as effective in level 24+ as I'd like.

Minor trick that I recently discovered and have been sharing as much as possible - if you raise the daily heroic mission to level 24 or 28, you get a guaranteed Ascendant upgrade item. It's a slow grind, but most missions at 24 are pretty effortless in the end-game even solo.

oh, I'm not talking about those. You get a steady stream from doing the fun stuff. I'm talking about this:

Welp I just hit full legendary armor loadout tonight. Does everyone have every single piece of armor requiring 16 Helium Filaments per armor defense upgrade. Cuz... uhhh... that's super duper lame. Think that might actually count as "beating" the game for me. No way I'm patrolling the moon for a zillion hours day in day out to get 16*4*4 Helium Filaments.

I've run into the same helium filament problem with legendary armors.  The best way I've found to farm those resources is to head to the starting point of the Phogoth strike on the moon, then sweep up and down the area just outside of it (I call this area resource row).  There is one large cave with crystals in it that usually has some filaments, each of the monster spawning caves in that area can have chests that tend to give them as well.  The section is large enough to where some resources will respawn in the time it takes to go up and down the area.

[citation] The defense upgrades give additional light. Ordinary legendaries provide +27 light when fully upgraded, while Exotics and raid legendaries reach +30

Just got my first exotic bounty and decided I'd take the one for Thorn. I heard it's hard, but I use hand cannon all the time and my blue cannon is not as effective in level 24+ as I'd like.

good luck! The final step is pretty hard (and the pvp step if you don't like pvp).

Hopefully the buffs hit soon. I was portal running in Vault, and had to switch away from Thorn for the first time. The small magazine and slow reload really cripple it in situations like that, though I've come around on the gun quite a bit since fully upgrading it.

There are also Grimoire upgrades that give bonus upgrade materials when you harvest them or open chests. See Grimoire -> Places -> Relevant Planet -> Card of Region

I just wanted to mention the tip and your post reminded me of it. The farming of the more common materials is definitely much more grindy. I really just don't know how people have fully upgraded sets of stuff already, I don't mind going at it slow and steady but focusing just on farming that kinda stuff seems like a huge drag.

Maybe it would be better if they made Patrol a bit more interesting. It's by far the most boring activity in the game. Those Vanguard bounties for "Complete 6 Patrol missions on X" are the worst because they are simultaneously the easiest to do and the least fun.

Maybe it would be better if they made Patrol a bit more interesting. It's by far the most boring activity in the game. Those Vanguard bounties for "Complete 6 Patrol missions on X" are the worst because they are simultaneously the easiest to do and the least fun.

Naw the easiest/quickest to do by far are the punch 30 guys to death and kill 20 guys without getting hurt by them.

There are also Grimoire upgrades that give bonus upgrade materials when you harvest them or open chests. See Grimoire -> Places -> Relevant Planet -> Card of Region

Only found out about this stuff yesterday, had no idea the Grimoire card stuff was giving me bonuses/boosts etc. Just figured they were Bungies achievements equivalent. They reeeaaaally made all this stuff easy to see, huh.