melmer

Destiny

Ended up running around doing some patrols for a bounty last night and partied up with a guy who was level 27. He was friendly and we ended up going through some Moon story missions together. This game is definitely a lot better if you're playing with at least one other person, though my number of kills was dwarfed by his (obviously). Does the game just split XP? It seemed like I was getting his share as well, which is nice to see.

I'll probably play this for one more night and then return it tomorrow so that I can dig into Shadow of Mordor, but I've been pleasantly surprised by the game as a whole. That's actually quite invigorating to say, as usually it's the other way around.

There seems to be three shared ways to get XP in patrol situations -

• Proximity XP - get XP if you are in close proximity to someone who kills a guy.
  • Party XP - get XP if someone in your fireteam kills a guy.
  • Regular old XP - get XP if you deal some damage to a guy and the guy is killed by either you or some other guardian.

This is somewhat obfuscated, though, so I have no idea if these are working exactly as I imagine.

I'm on my way to getting my first orange item. The idea of multi-leveled quests bounties to get an exotic weapon is cool. I like the challenge. 

I went for the hand cannon because it's the primary weapon I use about 50% of the time. 

When do these start showing up?

I'll echo that love for hand cannons. I have one right now that has explosive rounds...it's the best.

Exotic Bounties are 100% random from what I've gathered. I should get cracking on mine (and Destiny in general) again now that the Zelda lust has been temporarily satiated.

I'm on my way to getting my first orange item. The idea of multi-leveled quests bounties to get an exotic weapon is cool. I like the challenge. 

I went for the hand cannon because it's the primary weapon I use about 50% of the time. 

have fun! Thorn has to be one of the tougher bounties. I did the bounty chain for Invective (shotgun) a couple days ago and it was wildly easier then Thorns.

When do these start showing up?

I'll echo that love for hand cannons. I have one right now that has explosive rounds...it's the best.

every time you turn in a bounty there's a small chance of getting an exotic bounty, or you get a guaranteed one at Vanguard rank 2. They probably can't show up until lv20 as they require running high level strikes.

keep in mind you get a choice of 3 bounties, you can only pick one, and there is no explanation what any of them are so you probably want to do a little research. 

I'm still sitting on the last step for the handcannon bounty (you should let me know when you get there, Griddle), and got the one for the Bad Juju over the weekend. That one's not hard, just time-consuming, and at some point requires a component from Xur.

Anyone still need to do last week's weekly strike? If I'm not mistaken, that won't reset until tomorrow and I haven't done it yet. 

I'll be home around 5pm EDT. I can do it any time after that. I also still need to do some Queen's Wrath missions, if anyone's up for those. I have like 10 of them, though I don't think I'd want to do more than two or three in a row.

I've got one Queen's Bounty I'd like to do. Will probably jump on tonight around 8 eastern. That and the daily story will probably be my main to-do items.

Korax I saw you trying the nightfall strike...how was it?

Alright, I will probably plan on getting dinner and junk out of the way to be ready around 8 PM EDT.

Korax I saw you trying the nightfall strike...how was it?

IT'S BANANAS

I was actually hopping in on another Thumb's farming session (Goodyboy, I think, farming fusion rifle kills for the Pocket Infinity bounty). After a couple tries, we got all the way to the boss, and quickly got our asses handed to us. Which isn't too bad, I suppose, considering it's a level 28 mission, and we were both 27. I quit after another try because we both realized we probably weren't going to get anywhere soon. The biggest issue is the Nightfall modifier, which kicks you out of the mission on a team wipe, rather than back to a checkpoint.

I'll help on the weekly strike, if anyone sees me online, and I have around 10 Queen's Wrath tokens, so I'm up for those, too.

The biggest issue is the Nightfall modifier, which kicks you out of the mission on a team wipe, rather than back to a checkpoint.

Holy crap wat?!?

Do Nightfall missions attach the "teammates have to revive you, you cannot self-respawn" modifer as well? Because that seems supremely rude

yup

sunsingers are supremely rad in nightfalls and raids because they can circumvent these mechanics with self-revive

So basically Hunters are worthless for Nightfall/Raid and you just want Bubble Shield Titans (I do not know the actual subclass >_>) and Sunsingers

Time to level another character for raids/nightfalls I guess

'worthless' is a pretty knee-jerky. Too many defenders and the bubbles are redundant, too many sunsingers and no one is generating orbs. A mix of classes is the best composition -- though, yes, you'll ideally have at least one defender and a sunsinger or two for insurance.

Interesting! Is Gunslinger preferred over Bladedancer for Hunters, then? The addition of orbs/supers makes DPS classes in this game really fascinating, because classes that might inherently have a higher dps potential don't necessarily have the orb generation skills to back it up. Both Hunter classes have great orb generation, but Bladedancer generates orbs at a Not So Great pace unless you are *swarmed* by lower-tier enemies (husks, goblins), making it very situational depending on the boss fight. Gunslinger has three shots and guaranteed lotso orbs if you kill with each shot, but if you miss you're losing orbs, dps, and super meter.

I can't speak to the other classes, but I've seen both Warlocks and Titans just spew orbs like candy from clearing hordes with their AoEs.

Fifa 15s release has significantly slowed down my Destiny progress. Are people still finding the endgame compelling? I hit level 24 but running strikes/crucible over and over without any loot gains wore me out a bit. Shame because when at it's best the game is fantastic, just finiding hard to fit in time for it between Fifa and the soon to be out Shadow of Mordor.

I really liked the post-24 phase so far (27 now) because the progression v challenge curve is pretty good. Again I'd like to complain about every the lack of Matchmaking for those missions, however, making some really too tough for me on-level

I really liked the post-24 phase so far (27 now) because the progression v challenge curve is pretty good. Again I'd like to complain about every the lack of Matchmaking for those missions, however, making some really too tough for me on-level

I found the story missions to be pretty bad on-level single-player regarding the bosses.  My rule now is to be 2-3 levels over for each mission I play solo so that I don't spend 10 minutes just trying to kill one boss.

Up to level 10 on my hunter!  For some reason I feel like I want to get all of the classes close to 20 before trying the post-20 stuff.  (especially with them patching the engrams, makes me happy I haven't gotten/wasted any legendary engram drops!)

Got my first bit of legendary gear last night: the FWC Astrolord greaves, via a blue engram dropped by a nameless vandal or dreg in that part of the cosmodrome where the walker public event happens. After reading so much about legendary engrams decoding into, like, piles of helium coils, I felt like I'd cheated someone.

Also, those greaves clashed with my accidental color scheme somethin' fierce. Had to apply a shader to keep my dinner down.

Anyway, hi.

My biggest complaint is the lack of a simple LFM channel in the tower/orbit. Couple that with no matchmaking and it makes raiding or even doing weekly strikes so difficult!