melmer

Destiny

And if she doesn't go for it you can always pick up smoking.  That'll show her.

Blackmail and self-destruction, also excellent components of a healthy relationship. 

Urgh, everything I read/hear about this makes me want it. Hearing someone describe it as "Halo x Phantasy Star Online x Borderlands" just makes me want it. Hearing the phrase "there are raids of 8 people..." makes me want it.

God damn it Bungie I DON'T WANT A PS4! 

I'm forcing myself not to watch game play videos. That'll be £400 I can't spend right now, and my partner will go mental considering I just bought a Wii U.

First, you do know it's coming out on Xbox1 as well? I'm asking seriously because the games that MS and Sony have been playing with the word "exclusive" have confused a lot of people.

Second, maybe it'll be on PC someday? http://www.gamespot.com/articles/activision-says-bungie-s-destiny-on-pc-is-a-natural-fit/1100-6420475/

Yeah, but I'm not interested in the Xbox. Their rhetoric so far has been rather irritating to me, not to mention they ditched the kinect already...the only interesting part about the xbox. 

Oh also I have been racking up my PS+ free ps4 games for a while now. 

Out on PC? I thought they said a while ago that they'll never bring it to PC? I seem to remember some bullshit from Bungie about being console devs etc. etc. 

I hate when devs are such dick teases about releases. Just state it out-right.

If I were Sony and paying boat-loads to get exclusive PS4 DLC, I'd take a pretty dim view of them announcing a PC port as well.

Well I watched some of the alpha footage last night. I think I'm on board. I might wait until October to see if they announce a PC port, if not I guess I'm getting a PS4.

Seems everyone's running with the bad voice acting story today.  Ben Kuchera wrote at the end of his op piece:

"This is the alpha, so there's plenty of times for the lines to be re-recorded, or replaced or improved through some kind of post-processing effect, but for now they actively weaken a game the Polygon staff has been enjoying."

JUST NEEDS MORE FLANGER.

(I took a moment and thought about pulling the audio out, dropping it into Logic, adding flanger, exporting the file, uploading it to youtube, then posting it here, and got really tired just thinking about that whole process.  So you'll have to use your imagination.)

Good lord that is indeed some terrible and unnecessary, expository writing. Literally everything could be cut out and it would instantly improve the experience.

If you're not bringing Portal 2-level writing to the table (which worked there because it was a verbal comedy)... ecch.

The writing is indeed a little awkward, but I tried my own hand at re-doing the lines presented in the kotaku video:

Sweet voice! I concede to some extent that the performance isn't killing it, but it's hard to know what Dinklage was instructed to do in the booth. I mean, if they said "give this line really flat like a robot" then he had to do that. In some ways though, it may be interesting if the AI voice actually sounded deliberately human. Kind of apply the mannerisms of the AI in Her to an action game, where lines are acted with emotion but from the point of view of a lifeless intelligence. Halo 4 pulled that off to some extent, but Cortana's origins of a more rigidly defined AI still meant that she spoke and acted in a certain way.

I took a moment and thought about pulling the audio out, dropping it into Logic, adding flanger, exporting the file, uploading it to youtube, then posting it here, and got really tired just thinking about that whole process.  So you'll have to use your imagination.)

Aw, you make it sound so straightforward. Go on go on go on go on

Everything that Jake said about this game, even if some of it he framed in a negative light, just makes me want to play it more. It sounds like something I'll get sucked into and won't let me go. 

I think the response to the voice acting thing is way over the top. Yeah it sucks, but man, I'm sure there's a shitty line in just about every fantastic game ever made, with only a tiny amount of exceptions. It's kinda lame that this is possibly one of the most expensive games ever made, and has poor VO, but it is only the alpha, and wasn't that character meant to be a robot? 

My reaction to "that wizard came from the moon" was completely the opposite to most people though. I watched a let's play and that line made me crack up and think - yup, this is Bungie.

I hadn't heard anything about the VO controversy, watched the the GiantBomb quick look and when I heard the line "oh no, it's the hive!" I had to pause the video and see if it had been talked about. It was the most flat delivery I've heard in a long time, I've played

with better VO. It's the audio equivalent of an untextured mesh or something, so bad you can't ignore it.

I think maybe it was GiantBomb's E3 coverage but somewhere along the way I also got the strong impression this will come to PC eventually but they are really just trying to not say it right now.

Bloodborne, on the other hand...

I think the official line is that "it sounds like it would be a good fit!".  I believe someone from Activision or Bungie has said that in response to being asked if the game would come to PC.

I think the official line is that "it sounds like it would be a good fit!".  I believe someone from Activision or Bungie has said that in response to being asked if the game would come to PC.

Yeah, that was the line, and it sounds to me like, "We want the PC money but we don't want to gut the console development or sales in order to get it, so it can wait."

I think that has changed since previous statements from bungie indicated it would never come to PC. Sounds like it would be more likely now, but no plans. I think I will likely not purchase it on console (I don't own one yet anway, but will likely end up with a PS4 eventually for Bloodborne, and probably axiom verge as well)

ITS BACK

Beta starts in a few hours ive just read on tha facebooks

Just checked my profile on the bungie website thing and the codes aren't available yet... probably will be in a ouple of hours.....thats probably what the notifications of 2 hours was about....im at work anyway.....and i need to buy some peppers on the way home for dinner......we're having fajitas.....my brothers coming round for dinner.....he's recently got engaged.....im dreading that he'll ask me to be his best man.....and i'll have to prepare a speech....when all i want to do is kill moon wizards

Codes are available now on you bungie.net profile BUT fucking PSN is currently undergoing maintenance? What? Could they plan this shit any worse

Everyone who signed up gets three codes so I don't think your'll have to worry if your never pre-ordered, we're all getting in

Codes are available now on you bungie.net profile BUT fucking PSN is currently undergoing maintenance? What? Could they plan this shit any worse

Everyone who signed up gets three codes so I don't think your'll have to worry if your never pre-ordered, we're all getting in

Oo!  I didn't pre-order, so I'll be brave and be the first to beg for a PS4 code if anyone has an extra....   :)

edit: top of the page, where I will be forever shamed for my selfishness.

PSN is fucked. I dont think I'll be getting on until the weekend now.

Edit. Okay I hadn't actually tried in a hour, just got in fine and am downloading now

That's weird, it said it was 14GB yet it downloaded and installed in about 30sec.

Okay maybe not, it's 'transferring game content' . 10GB of it and it'll probably take 2 hours

I have one extra European code if you want it

I have an EU PS4 code spare too should anyone want it.

I know literally nothing about this game other than who made it and I never liked Halo so I wonder what I'll make of it.

Bad news e'ry body. If you take a goosey gander at

, and skip to 3:32, you will see why Chris Remo won't be playing Destiny any more.