melmer

PL4YST4TION 4

Apparently this was a big complaint from beta testers. I expect it'll be added… eventually.

As part of the creation process, you have to choose a video game from the PS4 library that best represents the community. It shows up in the "recommended" feed for that game. So, until there's a PS4 remaster of Far Cry 2, I've set to Grim Fandango. It seemed the most appropriate.

So, until we have 1000+ members like Giant Bomb and appear at the top of the recommended list, the easiest way to find it is to install Grim Fandango and check the game's recommended communities. Probably.

Guys why aren't we talking about stamps? Who cares about communities when there are stamps! Of aall my favorite games. Like the base ball one. I can't wait to buy more stamps from the psn store for £2.50. This console is the best.

Aye I'd been expecting that to be about half that (it's down to £29.99 now btw) but then I didn't realise it was about the same price when it launched on PC and that it was getting a retail release too (albeit GAME exclusive). I bought it regardless only knowing that it was a bit Portally and have put about 7 or 8 hours into it so far, one of the best games I've played all year.

Is it weird that the two game I'm most excited about from that presentation is giant robot golf and zombie taxi

Not exactly regarding PS4, but does anyone at Thumbs forums have any idea why in the world has Sony never fixed PS3's friend list? It seems really utterly stupid that PS3 friend list only shows PS3 users online, but not Vita or PS4 users, then on PS4 or PS Vita (and the mobile app), you can see all PS platforms users if they are online or not.

They have had years to fix this error, but they've done nothing?

Probably because they want people to upgrade. Why support old hardware? Take a page out of Apples book, if you're two to three years behind with the hardware you're shit out of luck... And a ps4 is half the price of an iPhone.

Its counter intuitive to improve the PS3 in any way at this point

I suppose it's somewhat annoying to me because I still have many PS3 games to finish so I switch between PS4 and PS3 often, but people who only use PS4 constantly come up as "signed on over 59 days ago" and so they get knocked down to the bottom of my list and makes it kind of obnoxious if I need to message them.

Yes, but I especially find it weird that Vita came out years ago and they didn't never even support that apparently in the friend list in PS3. :(

And I am exactly annoyed by that "signed over 59 days ago" thing.

Another thing that seems dumb is that they have no discount program for this PS2 games on PS4. I get it that they upscaled the graphics and put trophies in there for the achievements nuts, but why not put a discount for people who own for example the GTA games as PS2 classics on PS3. There must be ton of such players who now own PS4 and now have to again buy the PS2 games with a normal price of 10€/$ or 15€/$ per game. They could easily do it like Nintendo did with the Virtual console games on Wii U, let PSN check from the user id purchase history if you already own the PS2 classics on PS3 and then enable the discount.

Yeah, I don't know what else they can do though. Most generations in the past it felt like consoles released at roughly the levels of a good gaming PC, then fell behind as time went on. This gen, it feels like they already started behind, and are just falling further. Combine that with MS's moves toward unifying PC and Xbox, and Sony has to say something right?

Edit: Also, that's an awesome breaking story for Klepek, and if there's anyone I trust to double-check his sources, it's him.

I think I'm okay with it if it takes the place of the slim model. But I'm really not big on the upgrade every two years model. I bite the bullet with graphics cards but when it starts applying to consoles I wonder if I really need to play Bloodborne 2 and The Last Of Us: Even Less Of Us.

On the one hand, making my games look better is kinda cool, but on the other, bleh. The second there's an "exclusive" game for the PS4.5, I'll be really annoyed.

I guess they caught on that Nintendo is making money with the New 3DS and that crap. I'm not a fan of this model.

I get the impression somebody looked at the New 3DS, scribbled 'PS4' on a pad and then added '...K'. He ran to his line manager's cubicle clutching the post-it. The superior spits his coffee back into the mug mid-gulp before grabbing the paper and jogging to the Team Leader, who throws his sandwich in his drawer, etc, all the way up to top brass. Ian Sony looks down at the now-crumpled yellow paper on the glass tabletop. "You know what, you crazy sons of bitches? This just might work!...'

I was reading an article the other day about PlayStation VR which said Eve Valkyrie ran well, but compared to the PC version had to have all the cockpit real time lighting and shadows turned off. And stuff like that.

Maybe this new more powerful PS4 is a way of them competing graphically in the VR space for the next couple of years.

I'm all for it. Generally speaking. I don't want to play a downgraded cyberpunk 2122 (whatever year it is). The game can run at low settings for the PS4 and high settings for PS4.5. Similarly with Read Dead 2.

Game like just cause 3 already run really poorly on PS4.

So I guess I'm getting a PS4? My wife wants to try Playstation VUE instead of cable and I want to play Bloodborne. Outside of that, I was wondering what games are worth a look. I already have a decent PC, so any recommendations of games that are only on consoles or only on PS4 are welcome. Anything else I should know?

Uncharted 4 of course and bloodborne are musts. Um that's it really for exclusives.

Until dawn is supposed to be good... Although i haven't played it.

If you didn't have a PS3: The last of us Remastered

So I guess I'm getting a PS4? My wife wants to try Playstation VUE instead of cable and I want to play Bloodborne. Outside of that, I was wondering what games are worth a look. I already have a decent PC, so any recommendations of games that are only on consoles or only on PS4 are welcome. Anything else I should know?

I had quite a bit of fun in Destiny but the online-only aspect really irritated me after a while. Now that I've let my Plus lapse Sony has also effectively removed a game from my library that I paid for.

Uncharted 4 of course and bloodborne are musts. Um that's it really for exclusives.

Until dawn is supposed to be good... Although i haven't played it.

If you didn't have a PS3: The last of us Remastered

I'll probably pick up Uncharted 4 at some point. I liked 2 a lot but 3 was pretty forgettable. The internet collectively seems to be enjoying 4 quite a bit.

I feel kind of bad about this, but I watched the Giant Bomb East guys play through Until Dawn, so I don't know if I really want to play it. I enjoyed watching it, so I sort of feel like I should pay for it (as its the kind of weird thing that hope keeps getting made) but paying full price for something that I've already seen through to the end isn't ideal. Maybe I'll pick it up on a sale.

I had quite a bit of fun in Destiny but the online-only aspect really irritated me after a while. Now that I've let my Plus lapse Sony has also effectively removed a game from my library that I paid for.

Destiny is pretty cheap (under $10 on Amazon at the moment), but I don't really know anyone who plays it. Most of my game playing friends are PC people, and Destiny seems like a game you need at least another person or two to enjoy. Are any Thumbs still playing regularly enough to want to group up in the next few weeks?