melmer

PL4YST4TION 4

I really like my PS4, and I find myself booting it up to watch netflix etc, which I could easily do from my WiiU or laptop. I find the controller to be incredibly comfortable to, like my hand are the perfect size for it. It also reminded me how much I hate playing games on PC, I just much prefer the console style of gaming, and it's actually got my partner playing games too. 

The share button is kinda pointless because I don't have facebook, so I'm never sharing anything, and the screenshot taking is so delayed you have to set things up rather than a quick "HOLY SHIT THAT'S COOL!" shot. I've taken a few videos, but I doubt I'll ever watch them.

Yeah I got infamous for £20 second sonhand. Really enjoyed it, but it would have left me sour if I'd paid £50 for it. 

Did you put your PSN on the share thread? I don't seem to have you added. 

Oh yes, the controller is so much better than the ps3 one. It feels a lot more solid, and the way the prongs are more rounded makes it fit nicer in your palm too. Also the way the controller flashes red/blue when chased by the cops in GTA V is a really nice touch. GTA V is great on the PS4.

I guess the WiiU kinda spoiled me for out-of the box cool things. I still use my gamepad as a TV remote, which is still my favourite thing the WiiU does.

I also don't have a netflix account, so I only use it for gaming, and the occasional blu-ray.

I played First Light as it was a PS+ game this month, and really enjoyed it. It was a lot of fun, the story wasn't too long and the world was just the right size. I want to pick up second son as soon as I get money.

I haven't put my PSN on the share thread! I shall do it now! Surprisingly it's N1nja_Squirrel (I think, I'll double check when I get home XD)

My TV is an off-brand I got super cheap, so the WiiU doesn't recognise it. Plus I don't use the TV for anything other than my consoles. 

First Light is quite fun, I liked it too, and second son is basically the same thing, but longer. 

Cool, I guessed it'd be something like that, you just never know if there's a random number at the end or an underscore in there or something.

I've not looked closely enough but I think that the screenshot feature is pretty much immediate? It's just the notification that's delayed. I say this because I've sometimes spammed the key and it got all the shots in question.

I've not looked closely enough but I think that the screenshot feature is pretty much immediate? It's just the notification that's delayed. I say this because I've sometimes spammed the key and it got all the shots in question.

That's been my experience. Thanks to the way it grabs the image, if the feedback were instantaneous, the little camera icon would be in all your shots.

Uncharted 4 is being written by Neil Druckmann, Josh Scherr and Tom Bissel. This is a real quality team. Bissel is a great writer, I think he has more room to do a great job with Uncharted than Gears of War.

It seems The Order is not worthy of a pre-order, or even a order at full price. Shame, the guys at Ready at Dawn seem genuinely cool, I kinda wanted the game to success, but it never really impressed me aside the visuals. 

Changing the subject, I'll buy a PS4 this year, just don't know when. Right now, I can in Brazil for about 560 dollars, with 3 years of warranty with the store. But this year I'm going to Miami for vacation, so I can buy there for 399, but no warranty at all here in Brazil. So, do you guys think it's worthy to pay $160 more just to have a warranty? I'm not aware about the PS4 realiability to be honest.

I would throw caution to the wind and go with no warranty. As long as you can test it whilst in Miami, make sure it's working out of the box. I've had zero problems with my launch PS4 and haven't seen any threads/posts on gaf of people with bricked consoles, I don't go looking for them but if there were problems I would've come across them from time to time

I'm getting the order tomorrow, a rental, but it was always going to be. Im excited, hopefully I won't be let down

Yeah, no problems here either. My PS4 has been very solid and I haven't really heard anything anywhere of any kind of widespread issues.

The Order certainly took a battering this morning. It must suck to spend so much time and effort (and money!) on something that is summarily dumped on for feeling hollow. 

The only issue I've heard of is the sensor for ejecting can sometimes act up. When I first got mine, it ejected my disk at random a couple times. Looked into it and if unplugging it for a while then plugging it back in doesn't stop it from happening, you need it serviced. From what I understand it's not all that common. This happened with mine when it was just sitting in rest mode as well as while playing, but since cutting power several months ago and plugging back in it's been fine.

The Order certainly took a battering this morning. It must suck to spend so much time and effort (and money!) on something that is summarily dumped on for feeling hollow. 

Yup, I'm a little disappointed, but not really surprised.

The only issue I've heard of is the sensor for ejecting can sometimes act up. When I first got mine, it ejected my disk at random a couple times. Looked into it and if unplugging it for a while then plugging it back in doesn't stop it from happening, you need it serviced. From what I understand it's not all that common. This happened with mine when it was just sitting in rest mode as well as while playing, but since cutting power several months ago and plugging back in it's been fine.

Yeah, no problems here either. My PS4 has been very solid and I haven't really heard anything anywhere of any kind of widespread issues.

I would throw caution to the wind and go with no warranty. As long as you can test it whilst in Miami, make sure it's working out of the box. I've had zero problems with my launch PS4 and haven't seen any threads/posts on gaf of people with bricked consoles, I don't go looking for them but if there were problems I would've come across them from time to time

I'm getting the order tomorrow, a rental, but it was always going to be. Im excited, hopefully I won't be let down

Thanks for the feedback, will buy it at Miami then. I just saw that PS4s are being sold with a free code for The Last of Us Remastered, so that makes the deal even better.

Well, I just bought Driveclub and Infamous Second Son in a pretty good deal at a local retailer today. Don't know if it was the wisest decision, now I really want a PS4 as soon as possible to play the games. Will have to hold my anxiety until the US trip in May.

Curious: do you have a PS3 or vita with PS+? Even if not, it might be worth grabbing PS+ already. If you get the 1 week free trial, you can use the PSN web store (or app) and download this month's free games - Apotheon, Rogue Legacy and Transistor. All of which are great games. 

Then when you get the PS4, you can buy your PS+ subscription (as you need it for online play with Driveclub anyway) and those games will be ready to play, and the May free games will be too.

Curious: do you have a PS3 or vita with PS+? Even if not, it might be worth grabbing PS+ already. If you get the 1 week free trial, you can use the PSN web store (or app) and download this month's free games - Apotheon, Rogue Legacy and Transistor. All of which are great games.

Then when you get the PS4, you can buy your PS+ subscription (as you need it for online play with Driveclub anyway) and those games will be ready to play, and the May free games will be too.

I used to have a PS+ subscription, but never really "bought" the free PS4 games, someone told me it was impossible. But it seems that this person was wrong then. Damn. Can I "buy" the games on the PS3 store or through the PC only?

I never realized that I could use the trial period for that. That's a great idea, thanks a lot Griddlelol :D

You can do it through the browser, you just add it to your cart and then checkout (the total will be zero if you're subscribed). You used to not be able to do it, but quite shortly after the release of the PS4 they fixed that. I'm not sure if you can do it on the PS3, pretty sure the answer is no.

It has to be done entirely through the browser, be it mobile or desktop. You can "buy" any of the PS+ games that way, and set them for download whenever your console is set to download.

Yup, I did it on my PC browser since at the time I only had a Vita. Let me rack up a decent back log before I even owned the PS4. 

Awesome! Will do it then, but I'll wait for the next batch of free games, I already own Rogue Legacy and Transistor on Steam.

Also, EU or US PS+? I used to have a EU, because it had more retail games than US on PS3.

I think they've been relatively similar since I've started, with the only exception being Marumasa Rebirth on vita. 

The Plus releases are practically identical between regions this generation.