Tanukitsune

Brütal Legend on PC!

Though I (still) don't have a working and able PC to play it, I'm very happy about the news. Some day I will have and then I can play it. And it's great for DF, I guess. What about the rights - does Double Fine own them now and is the sole distributor? The trailer was without another publisher, I think, so...? Was it again Dracogen?

Anyway, great!

Yep, we own the whole thing. This is our first major release that is entirely self-funded.

Correct. It would be insanely expensive to license all of the songs for resale. They're in the game itself still though.

Thought so, thanks!

oooh god damn it

I made a promise to myself i was gonna be a good boy & not buy any new games until i'd cleared some of my steam backlog then along cam At The Gates, and now this....

Guess i'll have to get around it with a bit of good old fashioned self delusion. After all AtG wont be released till 2014, & this was first released years ago so technically I'm not going to be putting any money on a 2013 release....

Correct. It would be insanely expensive to license all of the songs for resale. They're in the game itself still though.

Ah I guess that answers what I was asking earlier, as I wasn't sure if you'd have to pay any royalties for a port.

I've already bought the Peter McConnell soundtrack from Amazon though, I'm mostly interested in his work more than anything else. (Also Mr. Remo, can you use any pull you have to get Double Fine to start releasing all of the work Peter did since Brutal Legend? I would really love the Costume Quest and Stacking soundtracks.)

So... I started playing this today and it certainly looks better than the 360 version, but the controls on the tutorial area at least were worst than a bad PS2, and I forgot how terrible I am at rhythm games.

Ah I guess that answers what I was asking earlier, as I wasn't sure if you'd have to pay any royalties for a port.

I've already bought the Peter McConnell soundtrack from Amazon though, I'm mostly interested in his work more than anything else. (Also Mr. Remo, can you use any pull you have to get Double Fine to start releasing all of the work Peter did since Brutal Legend? I would really love the Costume Quest and Stacking soundtracks.)

I'm not sure why these aren't available--I can ask around, but there might be reasons they haven't been sold separately.

Hmm, it seems it was some performance issue and not a control issue because the controls are better now... The driving isn't, but the races are easy?

What surprises me the most is that how long it takes for the game to have and actual RTS battle, I've been playing for a few hours and I'm still doing missions getting new troops, I remember there are more, but I don't remember if I need them all before the first battle.

I'm not sure why these aren't available--I can ask around, but there might be reasons they haven't been sold separately.

:tup: :tup: :tup:  Hooray! Thanks a million!

:tup: :tup: :tup:  Hooray! Thanks a million!

It looks like the reason is that there's so little total material that they weren't considered to be worthwhile standalone releases. I'm raising the idea of doing a combined soundtrack.

So.. is anybody apart from me re-playing the PC version or playing this for the first time? I'm quite surprised to say I'm nearly at the end... And I'm doing the side quests too.

I just noticed that most Tim Schafer games have someone yelling "Clambake" while riding a vehicle.... is this some American slang I don't understand? I actually asked him on Twitter and he made a joke... I think it's just his made up swear word, like when people say "Oh, Sugar!"?

I'm planning to play it again. I finished it on my PS3, but want to reexperience it on the PC. Maybe I will enjoy the RTS part a bit more.

I just beat it, I played it on easy because I suck at RTS, but maybe it was too much? With the guitar solo powers alone the battles can end pretty quickly. I'm not sure if it will satisfy you, there aren't that many actual battles in this game, specially if you don't count the ones where you just defend yourself.

Like always, I love the world and the lore, so I'll probably go get some more things on the map, but I'm pretty much done with the game. 

Mind you, they haven't optimized the RTS controls for PC, so it's actually better to play with a controller.

It looks like the reason is that there's so little total material that they weren't considered to be worthwhile standalone releases. I'm raising the idea of doing a combined soundtrack.

8127928_front.jpg

Thanks again Mr. Remo! I was always imagining it'd be like this, except filled to the brim.

I

just noticed that most Tim Schafer games have someone yelling

"Clambake" while riding a vehicle.... is this some American slang I

don't understand? I actually asked him on Twitter and he made a joke... I

think it's just his made up swear word, like when people say "Oh,

Sugar!"?

I really wish I knew this too. I've looked it up a few times and it just refers to an anti-Scientology website. And then to make it even more convoluted, it doesn't quite make sense what the Scientology website is called "clambake" either.

I originally played Brutal Legend on hard for the stacking trophies, and it was pretty frustrating on many of the RTS battles. But getting past that hump also helped for the multiplayer later.

I don't know to directly embed a tweet, but it was: 

Tim Schafer: It's the actual secret of monkey island.

That's it.

Just wait for the final race, it's dreadful! D:

I just noticed something about the game I didn't before, even though it was staring at my face the whole time. The game is supposed to about Heavy Metal and while Eddie can play and the Deuce has Heavy Metal music.... When the create the stage and all... there is no actual music, unless we count the background song as watch is being played "as a concert".

It's just so bizarre to have a game about music when only the roadie can play. Well, I guess the healers can play, which kinda makes things more confusing since the game establishes that this world had forgotten what Heavy Metal was... 

Still, it's strange to tour with an empty stage.