Tanukitsune

Brütal Legend on PC!

I was just listening to back episodes of IT where they were talking about BL. I don't own any consoles so I've been wanting to play it, I'm stoked.

Makes me wanna boot up the game and replay it. Whatever its flaws, it has a wonderful, beautiful, highly explorable world!

Oooh, I wonder if it will have any new features or multiplayer improvements? I'm not ready to replay this whole game just yet, but a good reason to would be nice.

Plus I was getting pretty okay to good on multiplayer stuff before I finished with the trophies.

Man, totally forgot it never came out on PC. Great news, wonder if it means any improvements too.

I agree with Rodi that despite it blatantly having issues that prevent it from being something I'd consider a total unmissable classic, it is nonetheless a serious Double Fine effort that had a lot of love and that unique Schafer wit poured into it. I really enjoyed my time with it.

Oh yeah, where the fuck is that art book they said was coming out at the end of last year?!

I don't feel like anything was wrong with Brutal Legend outside of pacing in the campaign mode concerning either the story or the RTS stuff. I'm still waiting for someone to confirm my theory that a third of the game was cut for time and money. It's a shame it has those flaws, but I find it an otherwise complete and satisfying game.

It has a soundtrack edition... Will it actually come with all the Heavy Metal songs in the game? I guess they have already payed for the royalties or whatever legal jargon you use in these situations.

Oh yeah, where the fuck is that art book they said was coming out at the end of last year?!

I don't feel like anything was wrong with Brutal Legend outside of pacing in the campaign mode concerning either the story or the RTS stuff. I'm still waiting for someone to confirm my theory that a third of the game was cut for time and money. It's a shame it has those flaws, but I find it an otherwise complete and satisfying game.

http://shop.doublefine.com/collections/game-brutal-legend/products/brutal-legend-art-book

It's 100% definitely happening; you can already preorder it. It's just in the process of being printed then the print run has to be shipped, but that should be no later than March.

http://shop.doublefi...legend-art-book

It's 100% definitely happening; you can already preorder it. It's just in the process of being printed then the print run has to be shipped, but that should be no later than March.

Lies:

"Unfortunately, we do not have enough of the above item in stock. Your quantity has been reduced accordingly.

Now you can buy the last one! Press the "Update Cart" button to see your new total, or wait a few seconds."

And after a few seconds:

"

Hey, now just wait a minute!

There's not a single item in this cart!

Just what are you trying to pull here?!

"

It won't let me pre-order.

hmz... $18.60 shipping costs...

It has a soundtrack edition... Will it actually come with all the Heavy Metal songs in the game? I guess they have already payed for the royalties or whatever legal jargon you use in these situations.

I didn't realize it was an issue to grab the rights again for the ports until you said that and I checked the Double Fine forums. Is this truly an issue? I'm not really attached to any of the music in the game, but it would suck if the soundtrack would have cuts or switched out songs.

Awesome, yeah I've had it preordered on Amazon. Good to know it's going to make it. Last time I preordered it, no announcement was officially made that it was cancelled as Amazon just constantly pushes the date back and keeps your preorder when that happens. I had to find out by messaging Double Fine support.

That said it led to one of the most awesome customer service experiences I've ever had, because when the person e-mailed me back to tell me that the book was cancelled, I jokingly asked if they had any more Psychonauts DVDs that I could buy from them so that I could feel better about the art book cancellation. I mean I did want the DVD, but I figured it was going to be a "no" as the thing was a limited special supply, yet the next day I get an e-mail telling me they found one sitting around the office and that they were shipping it to my address for free. I love Double Fine so much.

From Nathan at Double Fine, in one of the postings on the Steam hub: "This version has a lot of technical/graphical improvements (with more to come) and it includes all of the DLC from the console versions, but right now no plans for new content. However, if BL PC does really well, there's lots of stuff we designed that we'd love the chance to make and share with players."

Sounds like I should buy this especially if there's a hope some of the cut content comes back.

Relicensing music has gummed up a lot of projects!

They claim it's the main reason we can't have Earthbound.

I own it for console and enjoyed it. It's not amazing by any stretch but it's fun for what it is and it has a few funny moments. Neat soundtrack also.

Lies:

"Unfortunately, we do not have enough of the above item in stock. Your quantity has been reduced accordingly.

Now you can buy the last one! Press the "Update Cart" button to see your new total, or wait a few seconds."

And after a few seconds:

"

Hey, now just wait a minute!

There's not a single item in this cart!

Just what are you trying to pull here?!

"

It won't let me pre-order.

hmz... $18.60 shipping costs...

Blargh. Try it again. Inventory mixup.

That's a pretty hot looking book. I might have to move some money around to pick it up,

I always wanted to 100% the achievements in Brutal Legend, but I never got into the online play much. Maybe it's time to revisit it again.

What does the soundtrack edition entail? That would be the Peter McConnell score, not the (108?) licensed tracks, right?

I am so excited! I picked up the 360 version on clearance at Walmart for $7 and loved it. It's worth rebuying to play on PC.

Though I (still) don't have a working and able PC to play it, I'm very happy about the news. Some day I will have and then I can play it. And it's great for DF, I guess. What about the rights - does Double Fine own them now and is the sole distributor? The trailer was without another publisher, I think, so...? Was it again Dracogen?

Anyway, great!

What does the soundtrack edition entail? That would be the Peter McConnell score, not the (108?) licensed tracks, right?

Correct. It would be insanely expensive to license all of the songs for resale. They're in the game itself still though.