Nijhazer

Celebrating 100 Episodes (Maybe)

We're seven episodes away from the 100th episode of Idle Thumbs! Any ideas for how we should celebrate? Live recording in the parking deck of the Moscone Center, maybe?

A reunion with all hosts and reoccurring guests.

That would (hopefully) include both Schafers.

Actually it'd be cool they did get some more people from the Doublefine and Telltale offices to come in. So many of them come from a similar background anyway. I love the regular format of the podcast, which is mostly about the specific chemistry of the hosts, so I don't necessarily want it to just turn into an interview show or have special guests all the time, but I do still get excited when someone cool comes on occasionally.

Also: Maybe a special 100th episode song? I know it's a long shot but those are fun.

Schafers? You mean Schaefer, the Runic Games guys, right? They were not regular guest.

My lineup would be: Chris, Jake, Sean, Nick, Steve, JP, Evan, ... I think I'm forgetting somebody.

But I guess you're right, this would be too much people on a single cast. Maybe should do what most episodical things do, a clip show.

Didn't they have Tim Schafer and Max Schaefer on at different times? Not regular, sure, but they were on. Maybe.

baboo baboo baboo baboo, wizard wizard wizard. wizard wizard wizard, baboo baboo baboo

A livestream of Jake "Video Games" [citation needed] Rodkin fixing his Wikipedia article.

In episode 100 it is revealed that Sean, Jake, Chris, and Steve are all the creations of man named F. Nick Breckon, who has successfully pulled off the most elaborate 'catfish' scam in the history of the Internet.

Also, the episode perfectly syncs up with the movie Jurassic Park and when played backwards, the word 'horsebag,' can be heard.

In Episode 100 everybody exclusively talks in silly voices (Fanboy, Ed Wynn, Phaedrus, and German Guy) and refers to each other by their whacky nicknames: Video Games (aka Space Rodkin), Famous, Scoops, and Gunga Galunga. Chris will sing an original song and edit memes in throughout the show. This episode is exclusively for the benefit of Idle Thumbs readers ca. 2008.

Running commentary for Jurassic Park, a la MST3K? Sean's drunken speech? Livestream a fan-voted game(Far Cry 2)? So many good ideas. Only one 100th episode.

In episode 100 it is revealed that Sean, Jake, Chris, and Steve are all the creations of man named F. Nick Breckon, who has successfully pulled off the most elaborate 'catfish' scam in the history of the Internet.

The "F" stands for "Faedrus". He is the secret misspelled member of the Phaedrus Phamily!

Well, I was initially looking for ideas on something that's more community-focused. An in-person fan gathering seems unlikely, but given that the Thumbs have done some livestreaming over the past few months, maybe something could be put together that's centered around a night of online multiplayer PC gaming. How 'bout that Unreal Tournament, Jake?

Maybe they need to escape from the 99th podcast by solving cryptic puzzles?