Sign in to follow this  
Twilo

Warhammer 40K - Dawn of War

I'm playing the (multiplayer only, with one singleplayer tutorial game) beta for Relic's soon-to-be-released RTS Dawn of War and I must say it's pretty damn slick.

Deftly manages to keep the "cool" aspects of Warhammer, while dispensing with the geeky and expensive parts, and slaps a bunch of annoying chatroom dweebs in the mix for extra flavour-sauce.

Buildings drop in from orbit, troops appear from dropships, individual squad members can have individual upgrades (stick a sniper rifle on one of a two-man scout squad and head for the cover. oh yes), and the commander units (sort of like heroes in Warcraft3) are FANTASTIC.

Gape in awe as the Eldar avatar leaves scorched craters in the earth as he continues his lumbering *whump-whump* advance on enemy positions, and EXPLODES THE GROUND SENDING THE LITTLE ORC SHITS FLYING.

Wraithlords strafe the enemy, casting flamy death in vast arcs; one picks up an enemy unit and rips it in half with its 2-metre long hands, blood drips from its fingers. Assault marines take to the air on jetpacks, drop down behind the enemy and flank them with chainsaw-swords and hand grenades, casting their flak-riddled foes aside. Dropships bring reinforcements. Dreadnoughts; Massively armoured robots powered by the brains of dead marines: "I live to serve. Again."

YES

I was pretty neutral before this, but I cannot forsake this enthusiasm. So the balance is tilted towards "neutrally positive", or, "positively neutral". I don't know about that last one.

Damn you all to :cens0r: hell fileplanet, even if this isn't your fault I still :cens0r: damn you! :\

In all cases, cursing fileplanet is a pretty safe course of action.