Sign in to follow this  
Jake

Saturday Morning Streams

Miller/Coors lite/PBR are of such a different consistency and taste than "real" beers that it seems like the answer should be self evident as to why people drink them. They are closer to alcoholic soda than they are to beer, so it's no surprise to see people burn through them in a) long-lasting social situations where one drinks a lot, B) places where it is hot. Drinking a lot of actually rich beer on a hot day or over a long period of time makes you an even hotter feeling, immediately drunk person, whereas a cold can of Coors is actually refreshing due to being wimpy. Get over the fact that they are both in the beer family, and get over yourselves, because they serve a completely different purpose as an alcoholic beverage than a beer you can be an aloof cool person about liking before someone else liked it.

Preach.

God damn, it is always funny when the internet's emoticon algorithm deems it necessary to preface the second item in an letter-based list with a cool dude with sunglasses. 

The other consideration from the opposite viewpoint is that there were clearly like 3 dozen+ people in the Gamespot and Giant Bomb offices after hours. What kind of corporation is springing for Anchor Steam or (your favorite beer here, whatever) when they can get cases of PBR and 90% of the beer drinkers in attendance will at the very least tolerate it?

I don't like Bud Light, but I've bought it to have at a party because people will drink bud light. On the East Coast we have the good fortune that I can just serve Yuengling as the lowest common denominator beer, and it's both cheap and tastes pretty good.

The four Thumbsketeers plus one guest should stream some of the five-player Nintendo Land games on Jake's Wii U.

Or Pikmin 3.

Unless I'm just not getting any more notifications at all from Twitch (which isn't out of the question considering how well those work), I've noticed that Chris hasn't done a Spelunky stream since his streak was broken by the Camping Santo trip.  Has Chris finally broken free of Spelunky?  Are the days of garbage runs over?  Is the Great Game no longer great?

I miss Thumbstreams. :getmecoat

I've been watching some Pikmin 3 Bingo Battle videos and hot damn do I want to see the Thumbs try that game. The falling rocks effect that you can get from cherries is severely overpowered, but otherwise it looks incredible.

I miss Thumbstreams. :getmecoat

I've been watching some Pikmin 3 Bingo Battle videos and hot damn do I want to see the Thumbs try that game. The falling rocks effect that you can get from cherries is severely overpowered, but otherwise it looks incredible.

Ugh, yes. I wish you could turn off certain cherry effects like items in Smash Bros, because the rocks make the game a lot less fun. I imagine they are less powerful if you're playing with two captains each, though.

Hey, with the changes coming to twitch, are the Thumbs going to archive their streams elsewhere? I want my grandchildren to see Nick Breckon's realization that his Kerbal spacecraft has no fuel.

Five player Nintendo Land with Chris, Sean, Jake and Danielle trying to catch ghost Nick Breckon.

Hey, with the changes coming to twitch, are the Thumbs going to archive their streams elsewhere? I want my grandchildren to see Nick Breckon's realization that his Kerbal spacecraft has no fuel.

I saw a thread on gaf about a new kid on the block Hitbox.tv, might be worth investigating

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=738253

Hey there!

I finally signed up to the forums. Might as well start off saying something useful: I started downloading some of the stream archives from the Twitch page. It appears you can now download full streams (at least with download assist tools like downloadhelper in Firefox), even in chunks. So I started with the BioShock-related streams with JP and Steve. So just to be on the safe site, we could all back them up manually. There's still some I haven't watched but still wanna see some day. Gotta save those Pikmin 2 battles for the children! :)

is the YT playlist so far

I want my grandchildren to see Nick Breckon's realization that his Kerbal spacecraft has no fuel.

Got a link to that? Think I want to start watching some of these fabled streams, I never seem to be able to catch them.

FYI -- our next Rektreational match is Saturday the 23rd at 4pm PST on Twitch!

Uploaded some new videos from the archives to my Idle Thumbs plays playlist. The first DayZ stream with Evan Lahti and the X-COM stream with JP/Evan. Currently uploading the Pikmin 2 head-to-heads ...which makes me long for the crew to finally check out/stream Pikmin 3 ...because it's fantastic!